Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather a first round win or #FireCasey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yikes, I'm not sure if I want Casey in Masai's ear harping on the positive qualities of Alan Anderson in the starting lineup :s
    It's a fire-promotion. Avoids the PR hassle of dumping a coach that won a series and he has a year guaranteed anyway. Next year dump him although maybe he is a good GM but he is terrible at evaluating players so unlikely.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      It's a fire-promotion. Avoids the PR hassle of dumping a coach that won a series and he has a year guaranteed anyway. Next year dump him although maybe he is a good GM but he is terrible at evaluating players so unlikely.
      It doesn't work that way in the NBA.

When you're kept on or reassigned, it means you've been put out to pasture collecting a check.

We saw it with Raptors when Triano was not fired but became an advisor.

We saw it with Colangelo when Masai was brought in.

And I wouldn't want anything to do with Casey's ranking of players. He is the one who was initially high on Ross - only to bury him on the bench for 2 seasons. Now Ross is desperately needed and he is M.I.A. Maybe this was always who Ross was going to be? However playing him in his first two seasons might have made this realization sooner rather than later - when he is needed - and thus he could have been replaced.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        It doesn't work that way in the NBA.

When you're kept on or reassigned, it means you've been put out to pasture collecting a check.

We saw it with Raptors when Triano was not fired but became an advisor.

We saw it with Colangelo when Masai was brought in.

And I wouldn't want anything to do with Casey's ranking of players. He is the one who was initially high on Ross - only to bury him on the bench for 2 seasons. Now Ross is desperately needed and he is M.I.A. Maybe this was always who Ross was going to be? However playing him in his first two seasons might have made this realization sooner rather than later - when he is needed - and thus he could have been replaced.
        I really hate Casey. I wanted him as assistant GM as a way to bypass the question of what happens if Raptors advance in the first round. Basically the Triano and Coangelo promotions but they were promoted after failing, this is a "reassignment" after a "success". It's moot if they exit first round since they can just fire him

Comment

I'm curious to learn what they do with that giant rock once Casey is axed.

Return it to its rightful owners in San Antonio?

Comment

They should make him move it by hand. Honestly, that stupid bloody rock was the first thing that turned me off about Casey. As soon as I saw that I just assumed he would be terrible. You can safely assume any boss who uses props is an ass.

I remember when I first started working years ago and my idiot boss had a bright, yellow hard hat he would give to one of his team at the end of every week as a "reward" and you'd have to wear the damn thing around the office all day looking like the special needs guy from the mailroom. There was a Japanese guy who "won" it his first week before anyone knew his name so he became known as Pikachu. Guy worked there for 2 years and no one knew his name, just called him Pikachu.... pretty sure some of the traders thought that was his name.

Comment

We use the rock to destroy Casey's contract.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                They should make him move it by hand. Honestly, that stupid bloody rock was the first thing that turned me off about Casey. As soon as I saw that I just assumed he would be terrible. You can safely assume any boss who uses props is an ass.

I remember when I first started working years ago and my idiot boss had a bright, yellow hard hat he would give to one of his team at the end of every week as a "reward" and you'd have to wear the damn thing around the office all day looking like the special needs guy from the mailroom. There was a Japanese guy who "won" it his first week before anyone knew his name so he became known as Pikachu. Guy worked there for 2 years and no one knew his name, just called him Pikachu.... pretty sure some of the traders thought that was his name.
                LMAO! So many questions surrounding this story, I don't know where to begin....which makes it brilliant.

Comment

The question should be- when we win the championship this year, would you fire DC?

Comment

Honestly, this poll is so ridiculous that it led to me registering just to comment. So, I guess, if the intent of the poll was to increase participation in the forum, well done.

That being said, how could anyone calling themselves a fan of the Raptors actually want the team to lose in the first round?? Haven't we been tortured enough over the last two decades? And Casey is certainly not the best coach in the league, but he's not nearly as bad as the many of the amateur "coaches" on this forum claim.

Comment

pky_rdy wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, this poll is so ridiculous that it led to me registering just to comment. So, I guess, if the intent of the poll was to increase participation in the forum, well done.

That being said, how could anyone calling themselves a fan of the Raptors actually want the team to lose in the first round?? Haven't we been tortured enough over the last two decades? And Casey is certainly not the best coach in the league, but he's not nearly as bad as the many of the amateur "coaches" on this forum claim.
                      Please refer to this post for clarification:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post456365

Comment

Surprisingly, there are more votes for winning a playoff series and moving forward with Casey than losing a playoff series just to see the coach fired. My faith in this forum is some what renewed

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Surprisingly, there are more votes for winning a playoff series and moving forward with Casey than losing a playoff series just to see the coach fired. My faith in this forum is some what renewed
                          The people wanting a winning team to lose just so the coach gets fired will hopefully always be a loud minority. More Raptors fans I think are more mediumcore.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

There's no need to make things personal. I'm all for people voicing their opinions whether I agree with them or not. It's part of what makes the forum fun.

I was pleasantly surprised that there are as many people whom would rather see the Raptors win a playoff series than see them lose just to see the coach fired, as I'm not a fan of the fire casey movement.

Comment

Honestly, I just can't wait for the playoffs to start so we can (hopefully) get a break from #firecasey for a few weeks. There's like 19 threads. I don't like the guy either but some of you are becoming obsessive. All I can read is either negativity about casey or derozan. We've got a VERY long offseason to talk about all this shit, hopefully now or very soon we can start living in the present and start (gasp) getting behind the team. And yes, for the millionth time, I see the flaws, were not a contender, bla bla bla.u but like I say we've got months of non games to discuss this shit, and its already beaten to death. As of today, and especially come april 18, its let's go raptors all day. Crumudgeons, you can go sip your haterade and "I told you so" tea while frowning at your tvs, ill be drinking beer in raptor gear and screaming at mine.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                There's no need to make things personal. I'm all for people voicing their opinions whether I agree with them or not. It's part of what makes the forum fun.

I was pleasantly surprised that there are as many people whom would rather see the Raptors win a playoff series than see them lose just to see the coach fired, as I'm not a fan of the fire casey movement.
                                It's basically a form of the tanking debate all over again. That is, those in favour of a 1st round loss believe that short term pain will result in long term gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X