Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather a first round win or #FireCasey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I take 1st round win over Casey anyday.

But fire Casey dammit.

Comment

• I want Casey gone (and I've wanted him gone since before the first Gay trade and honestly DO think he was going to be fired last season before the turn around (he was the front runner for first coach to be fired but lost out to Detroit's)) but I voted for the First Round win. Because that would mean our team won in spite of him. And that I can cheer for (and I'll cheer for any Toronto team not named the Leafs for any win they get, even if a loss is better for them).

Worst case scenario: Casey can be fired some time next season but we'd still have advanced to the second round.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• That's like asking would you rather be killed by The Terminator or Robocop.
        Last edited by LBF; Tue Apr 7, 2015, 08:51 PM.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          That's like asking would you rather be killed by The Terminator or Robocop.
          Robocop. Definitely Robocop

Comment

• 40% of people in here are dumb

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              40% of people in here are dumb
              And the other half don't care

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                what "other half"?

40% isn't half of anything

people have now gone to actively hoping we lose

Comment

what "other half"?

40% isn't half of anything

people have now gone to actively hoping we lose

Comment

40% of people in here are dumb
                    raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    haha i get it now. haha. way to own it. haha

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      The problem I have with this is that if you have this mentality you are still happy when they lose. Unlike tanking where winning the team is winning meaningless regular games isn't necessary a positive, we are talking about playoff games that inherently matter in sports.

It seems just fundamentally wrong to me that someone can be secretly happy if the team is losing in the playoffs.

If you aren't happy then you don't prefer the option, no?
                      Simple analogy: I'd rather see my 1 and a half year old try to walk and repeatedly fall, rather than get incredibly great at crawling fast. That's a bad habit that needs to be broken. So, people are not happy that the Raps are losing, they're hoping it leads to a more responsible parent getting custody of the child.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Simple analogy: I'd rather see my 1 and a half year old try to walk and repeatedly fall, rather than get incredibly great at crawling fast. That's a bad habit that needs to be broken. So, people are not happy that the Raps are losing, they're hoping it leads to a more responsible parent getting custody of the child.
                        Or buy a pit bull and jump start to the whole running in terror phase

Comment

• Looking at Wizard boards they want the Raptors to demolish the Wiz so they can fire the GM and coach. Raps want likewise to fire Casey. It's a Clash of the Titans

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Looking at Wizard boards they want the Raptors to demolish the Wiz so they can fire the GM and coach. Raps want likewise to fire Casey. It's a Clash of the Titans
                            That's because the internet is full of "meta" fans who think they're oh so smart. Talk to Joe Sports on the street, he's got his jersey on saying go team go no matter what. I like Joe Sports on the street.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              That's because the internet is full of "meta" fans who think they're oh so smart. Talk to Joe Sports on the street, he's got his jersey on saying go team go no matter what. I like Joe Sports on the street.
                              Joe Sports is the guy who shows up to Bills games wearing a Tiger-Cats jersey, with the name "Joe" on the back.

I like him too.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Joe Sports is the guy who shows up to Bills games wearing a Tiger-Cats jersey, with the name "Joe" on the back.

I like him too.
                                With the number 69 beneath "joe"
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X