Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather a first round win or #FireCasey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is ridiculous.

Comment

If they win, promote him to Assistant GM otherwise fire him. Either way he isn't Head Coach next season.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        What makes you think his job is safe? Like he hasnt done anything special with the talent that has been given to him...
        Lol the talent on the team is soo shitty. There's a reason everyone around the league thought this was a tanking roster when gay was traded.

He near maximized the roster to talent. The problem with him is his inability to adapt, shitty coaching decisions and late game ISOs. However he has done pretty well with the talent he was given.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
          I am also of this opinion. It is one of the things I'm quite certain about... Which is why I hope for the worst, a 0-4 rape in the first round to the shittiest team which leads to Casey getting fired which saves basketball in this city 1 year from wasting nothing but time if Casey was to remain the head coach.
          Smh
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I completely believe in tanking as a sure fire way of getting better long term. I do not think I could see myself rooting for a loss in the playoffs though... no matter what I think will be the outcome.

Despite how much I hate Casey, I'd rather have the first round win.

Comment

My preference is for a playoff run good enough to attract league attention and improve the UFA market position of the Raptors. Ujiri gets everyone he wants this offseason, both in trades and free agency. Then, when that roster falters next season due to the same problems that exist this year, Ujiri places all of the blame (rightfully) on Casey, fires him mid-season, and promotes one of the assistants to HC on an interim basis (I would prefer Nurse). If he does well, Nurse gets the job full-time, and he doesn't, we get a shiny new HC in 2016.

Comment

I refuse to vote for a 1st round exit. Been waiting 15 years for this. If we make it to the 2nd round and get easily swept I still see Casey on the hot seat. If we make it to the 2nd round and actually compete and look good but lose, well maybe its a sign Casey is good enough to stay but we just need a roster re-jig to take us to a next level.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Lol the talent on the team is soo shitty. There's a reason everyone around the league thought this was a tanking roster when gay was traded.

He near maximized the roster to talent. The problem with him is his inability to adapt, shitty coaching decisions and late game ISOs. However he has done pretty well with the talent he was given.
                  +1

Just look at the roster and be honest. What's so special about this roster? Just like you said. There's a reason everyone around the league thought this was a tanking roster when Gay was traded.

Let's also be real here. We have two borderline all stars in DeMar and Kyle and then we have a bunch of role players. Washington actually has a better roster than the Raptors. Hell, i think Detroit has a better roster than the Raptors.

Bottomline - Raptors are where they're supposed to be in the standings. If they were in the West, they probably would be competing with the Suns and Pelicans for taht 8th seed.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rooting for your team to lose in the playoffs is one of the worst things i've heard that fans would consider.

Its so frustrating to me that someone would even think about doing this

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Wait, did anyone think this was a tanking roster when Gay was traded? They seemed like a mediocre roster to me and many others. That's why there were tanking moves expected - you move Lowry, you move Amir, maybe you find a nice offer for DeMar, pull in some future assets and THEN you have a tanking roster.

If it was a tanking roster after the Gay trade, no one would have been calling for more trades in order to lose.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                        Rooting for your team to lose in the playoffs is one of the worst things i've heard that fans would consider.

Rooting for them to lose? I answered that I'd prefer a loss and Casey fired, but I'll be cheering for wins full throated. Go Raptors go, kick some butt - but that doesn't change the reality that I'm aware that the long term consequences of a win against some inferior opposition might not be worth it. That awareness doesn't change my ability to be a fan though.

Even when tanking (and we've had a couple tank-ish seasons here) I still cheer for wins in-game. Even if I watch the standings and count the losses as an investment.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post

This x 1,000,000

I'm not sure you can call yourself a fan if you're rooting for your team to lose in the playoffs. Actually just stop calling yourself a Raptors fan.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is my first post as and first day as a member. Im frustrated with recent Raptor showings, but I come back to this question for those who wish to Fire Casey. Which teams that rank above us in the Eastern Conference do we have superior personnel than? Atlanta has won 57 games, so no way are we better than them personnel wise. Cleveland has the greatest player in the world along with two other top notch scorers, and Chicago might be the best team in the conference when fully healthy. We are right behind them, ahead of Washington (4-0 vs them this year), and are 2-1 against current 6th seed Milwaukee. I feel the passion, excitement over the team in the last 15 months has created unrealistic expectations, for both management, coaching, and players. We've gone through periods of missing our top TWO players for long stretches in the season, as well as Amir, who in a sense is the heart of the team, and yet here we are with 5-6 games remaining, with a chance to finish ahead of a Chicago team who is better than us, personnel wise. We are right on track IMO. This takes time.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Wait, did anyone think this was a tanking roster when Gay was traded? They seemed like a mediocre roster to me and many others. That's why there were tanking moves expected - you move Lowry, you move Amir, maybe you find a nice offer for DeMar, pull in some future assets and THEN you have a tanking roster.

If it was a tanking roster after the Gay trade, no one would have been calling for more trades in order to lose.
                              Yeah, a lot of people thought it was a tanking roster. Myself included, plenty of others on the forum, and even a few media members who penned articles saying that the team was trying to bottom out. The team was 6-12, was trading away their "best player" and everyone we got back from Sacramento was basically having the worst season of their career at the time. Dig around a little bit and it becomes clear that it was the minority who thought the Gay deal was meant to make us better.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, a lot of people thought it was a tanking roster. Myself included, plenty of others on the forum, and even a few media members who penned articles saying that the team was trying to bottom out. The team was 6-12, was trading away their "best player" and everyone we got back from Sacramento was basically having the worst season of their career at the time.
                                Anyone who thought Gay was our best player was not worth listening to.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X