Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final 6 days---should raps aim for 3rd or 4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final 6 days---should raps aim for 3rd or 4th?

Raps
    @Orl
    @Miami
    @Boston
    vs CHA

Bulls
    vs PHI
    @BKN
    vs ATL

Wizards
    @BKN
    vs ATL
    @IND
    @CLE

Where we finish could again factor into our playoff fate. I even wonder if finishing 5th and starting on the road at WASH might no be so bad.

I honestly don't care at this point. I don't believe in trying to aim for certain opponents (especially when forecasting 2nd round match-ups). I wouldn't mind the better pick though.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Don't think they can risk aiming for 4th or 5th.

To me it's simple...I mean, people look ahead to the 2nd round for easier matchups....But it could be a problem in the 1st. People focus on Washington/Milwaukee....But the most important team is Chicago. Washington can still pass Chicago even just by tying them, so we can't afford to risk falling in the 4/5 bracket as long as Chicago might fall into that.

Comment

I want to win in the playoffs.. I know what it feels like and it feels good. So put me down for 3rd seed. I think they can beat Milwaukee (or Brooklyn or Boston).

However the Raptors have a pretty difficult schedule. Two B2B's. Miami and Boston need to win to hold on to the playoffs. Raptors beat Charlotte handily but I'm assuming Casey will rest some guys. I like Charlotte on a second game of a back to back with most of Toronto's starters resting.

Chicago's schedule looks soft. Washington has been playing well recently too.

I think the Raptors will get the 4th seed and will be playing Washington at home. That's how I see things playing out.

Comment

just play out the schedule and play whoever is in front of us....

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Don't think they can risk aiming for 4th or 5th.

To me it's simple...I mean, people look ahead to the 2nd round for easier matchups....But it could be a problem in the 1st. People focus on Washington/Milwaukee....But the most important team is Chicago. Washington can still pass Chicago even just by tying them, so we can't afford to risk falling in the 4/5 bracket as long as Chicago might fall into that.
            Don't aim. If Bruno at SG and Bebe at the 4 go 4-0 oh well.

Comment

I think the back to backs cannot be underestimated hopefully kyle is back and we can take advantage of our depth

Comment

I like the 4th spot for two reasons:

1) I realize we might lose to Washington or Chicago, but I'm not confident we beat the Bucks/Nets/Celtics either (especially in light of our recent play and injury concerns). The fact is we need some things to align to win the first round (we have NEVER won a 7 game series... ever!). If those things align and we win the first round, then who would we rather face?!... no question it's the Hawks. If good things flow into the second round, then we have a shot at beating the Hawks. On the other hand we will not be getting past the Cavaliers or Bulls (even if things were going well... unless Lebron gets hurt). We have a chance to move into the Eastern Conference Finals as the 4th seed, and that opportunity is gone as the 3rd seed.

2) This may not mean much right now, but we get a better draft pick as the 4th seed. Although one spot may not sound like much, think of the picks we have lost out on over the past few years because of 1 spot.
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                X