Game #80: Toronto Raptors 107 - Miami Heat 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Wow, our standards are lower than I thought if two consecutive 48 win seasons is a great accomplishment.
    It is but we still need to win one series to make season a success.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Fixed
      Believe me there's been a lot of average to below average coaches that have come around these parts
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It amaze me how easy you guys think it is to win in the NBA.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Believe me there's been a lot of average to below average coaches that have come around these parts
          Who didn't have near the talent assembled on this roster.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Raptors might be the only franchise to have never had a 50 win season. Weak conference and they couldn't manage to do what every good Western team has already done against really strong competition.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              It amaze me how easy you guys think it is to win in the NBA.
              Who are you talking to? No one said it was easy
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Who are you talking to? No one said it was easy
                he's talking to the straw man he put up.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  You often hear powerlifters or swimmers or track or whatever win gold or win 3 of 5 events with a silver and bronze..... whatever.....
                  disappointed after. They are happy they won but they didn't break a personal best or perform to the best of their ability or they won because their competition at their best was still worse than not at his/her own best.

That is how I view the Raptors season with Casey. The record is good by Raptors historical standards - but what does that really say?

So much inconsistency, poor decisions, and relying on a hot hand throughout the season.
                  That analogy made no sense. U said that power lifters get excited when they beat a personal best. Well Were about to beat a personal best so wouldn't that mean your happy with this season?

And you guys act like every team in the league doesn't rely on a hot hand. In order for Houston to win, harden plays god like, same with OKC, same with Cleveland. Same with every other team except maybe minus the spurs and hawks.

At least we have multiple guys that can get hot and not just one
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

You often hear powerlifters or swimmers or track or whatever win gold or win 3 of 5 events with a silver and bronze..... whatever.....
                    disappointed after. They are happy they won but they didn't break a personal best or perform to the best of their ability or they won because their competition at their best was still worse than not at his/her own best.

That is how I view the Raptors season with Casey. The record is good by Raptors historical standards - but what does that really say?

So much inconsistency, poor decisions, and relying on a hot hand throughout the season.

The only thing that gives me hope moving forward is:
                    1) Masai has acknowledged this is just the start,
                    2) Masai has stated defense is his priority (can't be happy with Raptor D),
                    3) Lots of financial flexibility, guys with potential still untapped, and draft picks all in place plus NY/DEN pick
                    Damn, I'm probably the most negative person on this forum and even I think this was a little too negative lol. Yes our standards are low but we can't have the same standards of this team like we have for the Spurs or something. We are still building and we haven't arrived yet, so any little accomplishments we make we should be proud/happy and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It doesn't necessarily mean we are satisfied and don't want more, but it takes time and you have to have a little patience. Sometimes you gotta just sit back and enjoy the process or you'll go crazy, trust me I know. Casey still needs to go though lol.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Damn, I'm probably the most negative person on this forum and even I think this was a little too negative lol. Yes our standards are low but we can't have the same standards of this team like we have for the Spurs or something. We are still building and we haven't arrived yet, so any little accomplishments we make we should be proud/happy and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It doesn't necessarily mean we are satisfied and don't want more, but it takes time and you have to have a little patience. Sometimes you gotta just sit back and enjoy the process or you'll go crazy, trust me I know. Casey still needs to go though lol.
                      I agree with pretty much everything you said.....too many posters taking winning for granted.... It's weird because we've been so bad for so long, you'd think they'd dwell on the positives a bit more.

However, if we set a new franchise record in wins (or hit 50), win a round or two in the playoffs.....I think Casey stays one more year at least.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        That analogy made no sense. U said that power lifters get excited when they beat a personal best. Well Were about to beat a personal best so wouldn't that mean your happy with this season?

And you guys act like every team in the league doesn't rely on a hot hand. In order for Houston to win, harden plays god like, same with OKC, same with Cleveland. Same with every other team except maybe minus the spurs and hawks.

At least we have multiple guys that can get hot and not just one
                        Go read what I said about power lifters again. I think you stopped reading at or.

What is the difference between raps hot hand the ones you mentioned? Those hands are hot 90% of the time. They are elite. They bring it nearly every single game. Demar has done that for about 5 weeks. Those other guys on those teams have been doing it for like 5 years.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          It is not only the end results, it is the process.

Is the team winning in ways that is sustainable and going to build a perennial contender?

Trying to out score other teams as a collective group of individuals while being literally in the bottom 5 on defense is not the process I wish to see regardless of the results.

But it is a start.

.....and I thought I ended that post on a positive note.

Comment

• Who cares, let's see what happens in the playoffs
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It is not only the end results, it is the process.

Is the team winning in ways that is sustainable and going to build a perennial contender?

Trying to out score other teams as a collective group of individuals while being literally in the bottom 5 on defense is not the process I wish to see regardless of the results.

But it is a start.

.....and I thought I ended that post on a positive note.
                              No you're right. We definitely don't play the game the right way and I've stated that many times on this forum. I've just come to accept that at this point in the season nothing is going to change and I am still a fan of this team so I might as well sit back, relax and enjoy any positives that come here on out. But changes do need to be made because this style of play if definitely something we cannot sustain as you said.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Man, I just want the playoffs to start.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X