The 2 PG line up
    Grevis-Lowry-Terrence-Hans-Amir

Our best line ups
    Lowry-DeMar-JJ-2Pat-JV
    Lowry-Lou-DeMar-2Pat-JV
    Lowry-DD-TR-Amir-JV
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Lowry, DD, JJ, AJ, JV. Fantastic defensive lineup.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?
        Therefore we do a KL-DD-JJ-PP-JV line up

PP provides us with the spacing we need
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Yeah...Dwayne doesn'T know HOW TO CREATE SPACE without T Ross.
          He's not exactly the greatest strategist in the world.
          So he will do something that has worked in the past; whatever that may be.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
            Casey is going to go small. KL-Lou-GV-Demar And Demar-2Pats-AJ mix and match the forwards and guards but they are the bulk

Comment

The offence dropped to very poor (although a lot of that was Lowry and DeMar just going through their mid-season cold streaks, which started before that lineup and continued after). The defence went to all time greatness. Net result was a big +10 net rating. Against some pretty good teams too.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The offence dropped to very poor (although a lot of that was Lowry and DeMar just going through their mid-season cold streaks, which started before that lineup and continued after). The defence went to all time greatness. Net result was a big +10 net rating. Against some pretty good teams too.
                Could work for playoffs. Especially considering both teams that we're most likely to play have a big/long player at the 3

Comment

Could work for playoffs. Especially considering both teams that we're most likely to play have a big/long player at the 3
                  Best part about it is the bench unit, with Ross instead of JJ, is also very effective (more out scoring their opponents than defending, but whatever works).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Best part about it is the bench unit, with Ross instead of JJ, is also very effective (more out scoring their opponents than defending, but whatever works).
                    Don't really like the bench unit to be honest. Patterson is already under utilized on the bench and he'll get buried further down with Ross getting touches.

And Ross, Hans and PPat are all off the ball threats while Lou, the main (at least it seems like it) ball handler is not a distributor.

Just seems like Ross and PPat will not be used correctly at all on the bench together

Comment

I'll just cut-and-paste what I typed in an earlier thread (before Casey started using Lou at the point much):

GV/KL/DD/AJ/JV
                      LW/TR/JJ/PP/TH

I think this is obvious. And it's a good shake-up that would take other teams by surprise. Lowry and GV together is a proven winner. PP (or TH) could start for Amir depending on matchups. Demar gets to play SF, which might be his true natural position in my opinion. He can post up and rebound and dunk in traffic. Why do people keep seeing him as a two? The only risk I think is Lou Williams not playing the point well, but I think he'd do well against second-string PGs. His quick shot is always a threat. The players around him can all be dynamic with cuts and three-point shooting. It's a good hustle line-up, especially if Ross catches on to the concept. Ross should be scoring dunks on cuts as well as being used as a spot-up three guy. Lou is probably the best choice among our three possible PGs for this type of passing. Our perimeter defense might be lacking a bit here, but it's a lineup facing other teams' second stringers -- not so often their best 3P artists. The rebounding would be a problem. Maybe Fields could be sent in with a mission if that becomes an issue in a particular game.

I think TH is our best 2nd string center if he's got hustlers around him to snag all the deflections he creates.

If we get down by 18 points or more, send in the comeback lineup:
                      KL/LW/Bruno/PP/BeBe
                      You get length, stealing ability, quick release and 3P shooting ability up the wazoo. If they fail, call it good development for the rookies who would get a super-exciting, pressure-free opportunity.

I think my proposed starting lineup could play zone defense quite well. It's a relatively tall lineup overall, and zone would help hide the limitations of Jonas and GV who are too slow for Casey's usual defensive scheme.

Comment

Don't really like the bench unit to be honest. Patterson is already under utilized on the bench and he'll get buried further down with Ross getting touches.

And Ross, Hans and PPat are all off the ball threats while Lou, the main (at least it seems like it) ball handler is not a distributor.

Just seems like Ross and PPat will not be used correctly at all on the bench together
                        When I pulled the numbers 3 weeks ago or so, that bench unit had played 125 minutes together (4th most used lineup) and had put up a 120 ORTG. However they are being used, it is working.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH--always love your posts and insights.

Comment

Lowry-Ross-JJ-Patt-JV is you want the ability to stretch the floor and play defense...

Also all of Roos, Patt, and JJ know where the next pass is going and nobody will stop the ball

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post

Casey is a horrible strategist but a world-class BSer.

Case in point, the backbreaking play from Saturday night’s loss to the Raptors. It was an isolation for sixth-man extraordinaire Lou Williams, who banged in a step-back 3-pointer to extend Toronto’s lead to 102-97 with 31 seconds left. Here’s how Raptors coach Dwane Casey described the play: “We knew they were going to put their best defender [Luol Deng] on DeMar [DeRozan], and then they put their second-best defender [Wade] on Kyle [Lowry]. So that left [Tyler] Johnson covering Lou. And no disrespect to the young man [Johnson], but Lou can score. So we had the right matchup in that situation.”

Let's be serious... it doesn't matter what the match up was, it was always going to be a Lou iso. Since when does Casey change the final play depending on match-ups?

Comment

Working...
                              X