Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 'Jurassic Park' - F*CK WASHINGTON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MU hasn't done anything. The Gay trade isn't as good as people think since he traded a starting 3 for a backup stretch 4 and PG and salary which ended up being Lou and Bebe but Lou was a salary dump. The Bargs traded ended up well but if it wasn't a likely top lottery pick it wasn't a great deal either. I really like MU but his hands have been tied since he arrived. Avoiding a lengthy rebuild is a great accomplishment and finally having a chance to fire Casey will begin his tenure.

Comment

Speaking at Jurassic Park is expensive!

$60k!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Speaking at Jurassic Park is expensive!

$60k!
        That's chump change for MU and MLSE
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I just saw myself on ESPN. So, yea.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            I just saw myself on ESPN. So, yea.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              I'm with you here. Scepticism is beginning to creep in. He said we weren't gonna be a treadmill team. It's absolutely possible that's what he's setting us up for. Certain? Hell no. But possible. He definitely has work to do.
              If we lose in the 1st round again, the treadmill is definitely here.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                If we lose in the 1st round again, the treadmill is definitely here.
                As long as the eyes are kept focused on the long term building of the roster there should not be an issue. The Raptors are enjoying a long-overdue modicum of short-term success without mortgaging the future or sacrificing any assets. Why people are trying to spin it as a negative I will never understand. With all the cap space, picks and decent players on very moveable contracts, I don't see the cause for this kind of concern.

As for Ujiri and the Jurassic Park stuff, I would just like it if everyone associated with the organization would stop with this nonsense. Go play. Win. Then you can chirp and talk trash. In the meantime, shut up. The fans are going to go crazy regardless. Let us and the SUN handle the trash talk.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  As long as the eyes are kept focused on the long term building of the roster there should not be an issue. The Raptors are enjoying a long-overdue modicum of short-term success without mortgaging the future or sacrificing any assets. Why people are trying to spin it as a negative I will never understand. With all the cap space, picks and decent players on very moveable contracts, I don't see the cause for this kind of concern.
                  The concern is that obtaining that "transcendent talent" is unlikely with cap space, and late round picks. The current roster's talent level is all but maxed out.

Yes, we have decent players on respectable contracts (e.g. Lowry, DeRozan), but moving them would require quite some time to adjust (regardless of who we get back).

I dunno, it just feels like we're years away from making any noise in this league, if at all.

EDIT: It's hard to get excited about future faceless players who might show up in Toronto one day.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    The concern is that obtaining that "transcendent talent" is unlikely with cap space, and late round picks. The current roster's talent level is all but maxed out.

Yes, we have decent players on respectable contracts (e.g. Lowry, DeRozan), but moving them would require quite some time to adjust (regardless of who we get back).

I dunno, it just feels like we're years away from making any noise in this league, if at all.

EDIT: It's hard to get excited about future faceless players who might show up in Toronto one day.
                    The Raps are on the edge of either big changes that take the team to the next level, or a series of whiffs that accomplish noting. I always think of the post-championship Mavs, who always had a lot of cap space, a great coach, and were constantly looking for big deals to pair somebody with Dirk. They whiffed on everything for several seasons before finally landing Parsons and bringing back Chandler. Making sure you have tradeable assets and cap space is by far the easy part. Doing something with it is damn hard and depends on opportunities outside of your control.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      The Raps are on the edge of either big changes that take the team to the next level, or a series of whiffs that accomplish noting. I always think of the post-championship Mavs, who always had a lot of cap space, a great coach, and were constantly looking for big deals to pair somebody with Dirk. They whiffed on everything for several seasons before finally landing Parsons and bringing back Chandler. Making sure you have tradeable assets and cap space is by far the easy part. Doing something with it is damn hard and depends on opportunities outside of your control.
                      I would just add that Monta Ellis was I believe the first of those talents but ironically he wasn't the most of sought afters at the time (as I remember). He turned out to be a v. good robin to Dirk's batman until the others were also added.

Comment

Are the stands in The Square open to anyone or do you need VIP lanyards? I think they handed some out last year. Having younger kids makes the stands easier. Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

DC30 wrote: View Post
                          Are the stands in The Square open to anyone or do you need VIP lanyards? I think they handed some out last year. Having younger kids makes the stands easier. Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks.
                          I thought it was first-come first-serve? You're pretty brave bringing young ones down. I can only imagine the language!

Comment

Thanks Mack. I hope that it is as you mentioned. Last year it was by "VIP" lanyard access only. We got them but its entirely random. I didn't find the atmosphere verbally inappropriate last year but I appreciate the sentiment. Kids are 15, and 9 so they've heard it all before.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I thought it was first-come first-serve? You're pretty brave bringing young ones down. I can only imagine the language!
                              DC30 wrote: View Post
                              Thanks Mack. I hope that it is as you mentioned. Last year it was by "VIP" lanyard access only. We got them but its entirely random. I didn't find the atmosphere verbally inappropriate last year but I appreciate the sentiment. Kids are 15, and 9 so they've heard it all before.
                              Any kid of a Toronto sports fan has heard all the language in his/her own living room
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X