Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even remotely convinced this team can beat Washington easily.

If I'm Casey, my focus isn't Wall or Beal. It can't be. I need to find ways to free JV up to ISO on Gortat and Nene. He needs to get off early and get mentally Toronto needs to have success against Washington.

You know what you're getting from DD and KL, face it, KL coasted the second half....for GREAT reason. THAT I am happy about. Casey was very clever in the second half managing his roster. The Raps ran outta gas last year, I think you will see it differently this year.

You know what You will see from Toronto's bench too....they will be amped up.

Toronto is going to win this by dominating the bench game, and by establishing JV as the aggressor on the block. It's integral that this happen for the officials...the aggressor gets the calls.

But I said I wasn't sure Toronto could win right...... and we all know how I feel about JV..... I think he's not there mentally yet, he has the mind of a stiff still. This kid HAS to man up now, there is no BS here, the guy has to show up, and show up big.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I'm not even remotely convinced this team can beat Washington easily.

If I'm Casey, my focus isn't Wall or Beal. It can't be. I need to find ways to free JV up to ISO on Gortat and Nene. He needs to get off early and get mentally Toronto needs to have success against Washington.

You know what you're getting from DD and KL, face it, KL coasted the second half....for GREAT reason. THAT I am happy about. Casey was very clever in the second half managing his roster. The Raps ran outta gas last year, I think you will see it differently this year.

You know what You will see from Toronto's bench too....they will be amped up.

Toronto is going to win this by dominating the bench game, and by establishing JV as the aggressor on the block. It's integral that this happen for the officials...the aggressor gets the calls.

But I said I wasn't sure Toronto could win right...... and we all know how I feel about JV..... I think he's not there mentally yet, he has the mind of a stiff still. This kid HAS to man up now, there is no BS here, the guy has to show up, and show up big.
      I agree - the JV comments in the scouting article linked to previously were good.

The other difference maker is PP/TR outside sooting. If you have JV playing well inside and TR/PP hitting 3's regularly, then this could be a short series. If the Raps just have to depend on DD and Lowry fighting for their points, with Lou chipping in and a bunch of inconsistent contributions from everybody else, then it'll be a long series.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Guys, I didn't see a thread for this in the forum, so I hope it's okay to ask about this here....was anyone else pissed off about the way the Raptors responded to Paul Pierce's? I mean how soft is this team if nobody steps up and says something? You're heading into the playoffs and they are already throwing punches and all we do is smile and say it's okay? I know we're Canada's team, but this is one time I'd like someone to be an asshole about this and start something because backing down before the games event start is pathetic!

Comment

Nah. Smiling and saying it's ok off the court is BOSS.

On the court, you destroy him from all angles.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Guys, I didn't see a thread for this in the forum, so I hope it's okay to ask about this here....was anyone else pissed off about the way the Raptors responded to Paul Pierce's? I mean how soft is this team if nobody steps up and says something? You're heading into the playoffs and they are already throwing punches and all we do is smile and say it's okay? I know we're Canada's team, but this is one time I'd like someone to be an asshole about this and start something because backing down before the games event start is pathetic!
            I didn't read it that way, I think they did the right thing. Pierce is little more than a mouth right now after a pretty bad year that shows he's just about done as a basketball player. All a guy like that can do is talk and try to distract you. The right response for most players is to kick his ass on the floor. Great quote from the NBA scout Star article:

“If (Paul) Pierce guards (DeMar) DeRozan, then DeRozan has to go to town on him. I’ll be honest with you, I think Pierce is basically done, I just think they have to attack him, make him run. I think his legs are gone, he’s getting old, plain and simple. I think DeRozan has to attack him off the dribble; that’s a matchup I’d like if I’m Toronto. (Terrence) Ross could run him, absolutely. You want to run him, the only thing he can do now is hit some spot up jumpers or whatever but even with that, he’s just not the player that he was even last year in Brooklyn."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...t-wizards.html

Comment

Courtesy of E Koreen

Comment

I agree, Pierce is just about done though in end of game situations he is still capable of hitting big shots...but it's what his comments implied and the reaction to it which I was disappointed by. You can't let some guy punk you in the school yard and get away with it. It shows other people that they can do it to because they know you won't fight back. Though I can't stand Pierce, he like Garnnett are a presence we could sorely use in the locker room.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Naa I'd rather have their part on the court do the talking rather than delving into some pretty trash talk off the court.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Naa I'd rather have their part on the court do the talking rather than delving into some pretty trash talk off the court.
                    Yup, that's what I'm thinking too. Pierce can say all he wants to the media. It doesn't mean anything.

Look at the war of words last year. Masai got fined for his taunts, while the Nets say nothing and win the series.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      I agree, Pierce is just about done though in end of game situations he is still capable of hitting big shots...but it's what his comments implied and the reaction to it which I was disappointed by. You can't let some guy punk you in the school yard and get away with it. It shows other people that they can do it to because they know you won't fight back. Though I can't stand Pierce, he like Garnnett are a presence we could sorely use in the locker room.
                      Didn't Derozan say something like Paul Pierce better hope Chicago loses so that he doesnt see what "it" is. I mean thats pretty good enough.. it just didn't get steam in the media circle.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Did I just fall asleep at my desk for two months??? Guys, are we NBA Chamions?!?!?!

pink font

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            There's almost zero chance of this happening but...damn do those rings look really good with the Raptor claw on it.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• LOL...
                              You guys have the funniest avatar.
                              The one that says "5 passes per quarter " is a good one too.
                              ---

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              Raps are 7-5 in their last 12 with losses to Pistons, Celtics x2 & Nets. 1 win against a +.500 opponent. I'm scared.

Going for Raps in 7.

Comment

• Casey don't ice p&r. It's again team policy or some sh!t.

consmap wrote: View Post
                                after reading this, maybe the reason why the raptors are so successful against them is because they constantly go small. Lolol

Comment

Working...
                                X