Why was JV so terrible today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was JV so terrible today ?

I know Casey sucks and I tired to support him all season but today he was absolutely weak and was out coached.

There was no excuse for NOT playing J.J. and I think he could have help with the boards and defending Paul Pierce.

That being said why J.V. was so bad today ? We needed him today and he was just too soft and too lost !!! What is going on with this guy ? This is the 2nd play offs that he just disappears. If we want to have any chance against the Washington we need him to step up.

So disappointed in J.V. right now.

What do you mean by terrible?

That he didn't score alot? He barely touched the ball and had to feed himself off of putbacks.

That he was bad on the boards? Actually he was okay, and was focused on boxing out his guy more than anything else from what I saw.

His defense? Yeah, he had his faults there. PnR defense as usual.

But honestly, once crunch time came around he didn't get the opportunity to prove his worth. In a game where rebounding killed the team he didn't play again.
    OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

That he didn't score alot? He barely touched the ball and had to feed himself off of putbacks.

That he was bad on the boards? Actually he was okay, and was focused on boxing out his guy more than anything else from what I saw.

But honestly, once crunch time came around he didn't get the opportunity to prove his worth. In a game where rebounding killed the team he didn't play again.
      Lol, don't even respond. Clearly just trolling.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Are you serious? JV was 3/7 today (43%) with 8 boards (in only 24 minutes). Not a great game sure, but nothing to scoff at.

Our guards (besides Vasquez) on the other hand were horrendous. Lowry, Ross, DeRozan and Lou combined for 15/57 shooting (26%). That's what lost us the game, not JV

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          I know Casey sucks and I tired to support him all season but today he was absolutely weak and was out coached.

There was no excuse for NOT playing J.J. and I think he could have help with the boards and defending Paul Pierce.

That being said why J.V. was so bad today ? We needed him today and he was just too soft and too lost !!! What is going on with this guy ? This is the 2nd play offs that he just disappears. If we want to have any chance against the Washington we need him to step up.

So disappointed in J.V. right now.
          he wasn't particularly great but far from the worst, and I didn't really think he was even *bad* relative to everyone else. also he started last playoffs with 3 straight double-doubles so you're clearly just talking out of your ass.

Maybe you should focus your disappointment on our guards.

Comment

He's a scrub let's trade him for more chuckers
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              Are you serious? JV was 3/7 today with 8 boards (in only 24 minutes). Not a great game sure, but nothing to scoff at.

Our guards (besides Vasquez) on the other hand were horrendous. Lowry, Ross, DeRozan and Lou combined for 15/57 shooting. That's what lost us the game, not JV
              Vasquez was horrendous too. Except now people will remember he hit a couple of big shots, and forget that he was a total negative for every other second he was on the court on both ends.

Comment

6/20
                2/10
                3/11
                4/16

That's how DD, KL, TR, and LW shot the ball.

AJ and PP got slaughtered on the boards.

JV did not have a great game, but he also only played 24 minutes. Six other guys played over 30. So many other things wrong right now...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Vasquez was horrendous too. Except now people will remember he hit a couple of big shots, and forget that he was a total negative for every other second he was on the court on both ends.
                  Vasquez was 4/6 from the field with a steal and 3 assists. He scored efficiently so I gave him a pass.

Comment

Vasquez was 4/6 from the field with a steal and 3 assists. He scored efficiently so I gave him a pass.
                    Because he hit 3 shots in the 4th quarter, I believe with his two 3pters created by others....

But he couldn't impact the game at all any other times. His lack of speed hurts him so much. Terrible on D. And with the Wiz pressuring high, he spent most of the time with the ball in his hands backing up to halfcourt because he couldn't break the pressure. So our backup PG was totally useless with the ball in his hands as he couldn't create for himself or others.

Comment

Are you serious? JV was 3/7 today (43%) with 8 boards (in only 24 minutes). Not a great game sure, but nothing to scoff at.

Our guards (besides Vasquez) on the other hand were horrendous. Lowry, Ross, DeRozan and Lou combined for 15/57 shooting (26%). That's what lost us the game, not JV
                      8 boards, most of them are rebounds that go directly to him.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        8 boards, most of them are rebounds that go directly to him.
                        As opposed to directly to the Wizards...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          As opposed to directly to the Wizards...
                          as opposed to others going for them while he just stands there.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

Right from the front page from one of most respected Raptors writers in Canada:

"Stinker. Was pushed and shoved by Nene and Gortat, who both have serious center-mass which Valanciunas doesn’t. Offensively, don’t think I saw more than a play called for him, which meant that he was non-existent on defense and intimidated on defense. Didn’t even make up for his poor game by playing help defense. Could not deal with Seraphin either, who stepped out on him and JV was unable to cope. Benched in OT despite the Raptors getting slaughtered on the glass."

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Lol, don't even respond. Clearly just trolling.
                              Not trolling, just stating facts ...

"Stinker. Was pushed and shoved by Nene and Gortat, who both have serious center-mass which Valanciunas doesn’t. Offensively, don’t think I saw more than a play called for him, which meant that he was non-existent on defense and intimidated on defense. Didn’t even make up for his poor game by playing help defense. Could not deal with Seraphin either, who stepped out on him and JV was unable to cope. Benched in OT despite the Raptors getting slaughtered on the glass."

Comment

Working...
                              X