Why was JV so terrible today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    he wasn't particularly great but far from the worst, and I didn't really think he was even *bad* relative to everyone else. also he started last playoffs with 3 straight double-doubles so you're clearly just talking out of your ass.

Maybe you should focus your disappointment on our guards.
    The guards were disappointing, Casey was awful, JJ should have played. These are facts and no one is going to deny them. But it is also a fact that J.V. did not SHOW UP today.

We need him to play big. We need him to control the boards and we need him to be a defensive anchor in these series. I have posted Zarar's analysis of J.V.'s game in this thread and I think that clears what I mean by this post

Comment

None of Gortat, Nene, or JV are going to win or lose this series - not with these coaches. The bigs are nothing more than a mildly interesting subplot.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Because he hit 3 shots in the 4th quarter, I believe with his two 3pters created by others....

But he couldn't impact the game at all any other times. His lack of speed hurts him so much. Terrible on D. And with the Wiz pressuring high, he spent most of the time with the ball in his hands backing up to halfcourt because he couldn't break the pressure. So our backup PG was totally useless with the ball in his hands as he couldn't create for himself or others.
        10 points, 3 assists and a pullup three to tie the game. What do you mean useless? I don't know about you but if someone goes into the 4th on 1-9 shooting but finishes 11-19 let's say, I'll consider that a good outing.

Vasquez doesn't defend, that's to be expected. There wasn't any play that really stood out.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          None of Gortat, Nene, or JV are going to win or lose this series - not with these coaches. The bigs are nothing more than a mildly interesting subplot.
          I tend to agree and disagree. Both coach are terrible. Washington tried to give this game to us. There is not denying it. However, the rebounding difference was huge in this game. The 2nd chances that were given to Wash was great these days.

I don't know, just like Arsenalist, I expect more from J.V.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
            Right from the front page from one of most respected Raptors writers in Canada:
            LOL. seriously man? you're using raptorsrepublic's writers as your argument? wow...

Comment

Vasquez has huge balls, but our main guys need to step up and make better decisions. Like wtf was DeMar doing taking fadeways in overtime? And Lowry was just playing lazy D smh

Comment

"Stinker. Was pushed and shoved by Nene and Gortat, who both have serious center-mass which Valanciunas doesn’t. Offensively, don’t think I saw more than a play called for him, which meant that he was non-existent on defense and intimidated on defense. Didn’t even make up for his poor game by playing help defense. Could not deal with Seraphin either, who stepped out on him and JV was unable to cope. Benched in OT despite the Raptors getting slaughtered on the glass."
                That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen written on the main page.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

"Stinker. Was pushed and shoved by Nene and Gortat, who both have serious center-mass which Valanciunas doesn’t. Offensively, don’t think I saw more than a play called for him, which meant that he was non-existent on defense and intimidated on defense. Didn’t even make up for his poor game by playing help defense. Could not deal with Seraphin either, who stepped out on him and JV was unable to cope. Benched in OT despite the Raptors getting slaughtered on the glass."
                  Oh and the bold: keep it up with the trolling lol
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    10 points, 3 assists and a pullup three to tie the game. What do you mean useless? I don't know about you but if someone goes into the 4th on 1-9 shooting but finishes 11-19 let's say, I'll consider that a good outing.

Vasquez doesn't defend, that's to be expected. There wasn't any play that really stood out.
                    Alright, well we'll have to disagree here. Vasquez's 'heroics' are going to win him some fans, but he was a complete negative for the whole game other than those 4th quarter shots he made. The only guy for sure worse than him was Lowry. Can't just look at efficiency, because again, he was totally a non-factor with the ball in his hands and he's our backup PG. He couldn't create offence for himself or others in any kind of meaningful way, while being worse than garbage on D.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      why does anyone read the main page anyways? it's almost exclusively garbage.

Comment

He did NOT get pushed and shoved by Nene and Gortat. He was NOT non-existent on defence, nor intimidated. He DID play help defence - very well in the first half. Seraphin - are you fucking kidding me? He scored what, 1, 2 baskets on JV? While torching everyone else who guarded him? I'm going to chalk this up to Arsenalist being day drunk.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Yeah, Zarar can be all over the map. He's probably just pissed at the loss. And he's frequently pretty hard on JV. I mean, Jonas an 'F' and Tyler a 'B+'? Tyler played one good quarter. Jonas just had an 'ok' game without really standing out.

I mean, he only gave Jonas an 'F'. How did Lowry not? He did get a D-, but your vet all-star fouled out and barely impacted the game at all when in. Lou got a C? And Vasquez a B+? Yeah. I don't know what Zarar's looking at.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            LOL. seriously man? you're using raptorsrepublic's writers as your argument? wow...
                            Yes I do. I find Zarar one of the most informed and intelligent writers regarding Raptors and Raptor affairs and definitely a lot more informed than some of the analysis wanna be in the forum.

Comment

Oh and the bold: keep it up with the trolling lol
                              Just because you don't like an opinion , it is not trolling. Many here value that writer's opinion with proven resume regarding raptors more than your writings and your background.

Comment

Yes I do. I find Zarar one of the most informed and intelligent writers regarding Raptors and Raptor affairs and definitely a lot more informed than some of the analysis wanna be in the forum.
                                i mean, if that's what you think I don't really see much point debating anything with you. wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X