Why was JV so terrible today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McRealistic wrote: View Post
    KL is coming back from injuries and I think B.B got the best of him. That being said, he needs to step his game up. If he does not, then we need to think about our future at P.G. position.

People talk about T.R. like this was anything new. T.R. has been the same player. Lou has been playing off and on all season. They are what they are.

J.V. was not the same J.V. He was not able to handle the bigs of Washington. You look at Amir and J.V. all season and they almost effect the game to the same level. Amit showed up today and J.V. did not.

It is the simple.
    JV didn't show up, fair enough. He as far from our worst player.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

JV was our best player today. Kept us alive in the second half with offensive rebound putbacks. Was enough of a deterrent in the paint to keep our defence respectable even with them going small. He had the single highest on-court net rating of any player on the team, by a wide margin. If we scored at the same point per shot ratio as he did for the game this never goes to overtime.

That said, he didn't have a great game. But he had a better game than every other player on the team.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Admin please shut down this thread. The only bright spots on this team were Amir, Vasquez and JV. Everyone else was trash!!! You got 4 chuckers on your team, a frontcourt that can't box out for their lives.

Just win Game 2, steal at least 1 in DC and defend home court. And please, put someone on Pierce. James Johnson or Landry Fields would have been a better option today than Lou and Ross.

Comment

Valanciunas had the team's second best defensive rating at 85.5 (Hansbrough was 84.2). He also had far and away the team's best net rating at -0.7. DeRozan was next in line at -5.1.

He also had team's next offensive rebounding percentage (7.7), and defensive rebounding percentage (23.1).

And the only players he had a higher usage rate than were Patterson and Vasquez.

He didn't have a pretty game, shot a low percentage (on just 7 shots), but it was far more effective and positive than it looked.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            Admin please shut down this thread.
            you're at discussion forum. No need to shut down this thread.. why? Dude thought JV was trash and created a thread about him. Just talk about this topic. Different opinions are important. It makes this forum alive.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              you're at discussion forum. No need to shut down this thread.. why? Dude thought JV was trash and created a thread about him. Just talk about this topic. Different opinions are important. It makes this forum alive.
              It is hilarious how emotional some fans get that they promote cencorship !!! Our guards played bad and they have been playing bad recently but that does not change the fact that we got out rebounded !!! We will lose the 2nd game as well if we get out rebound like this even if our guards play better.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                He's a scrub let's trade him for more chuckers
                Ha! Love it...

Comment

We played Washington 3 times this year, I am curious to know how was the rebounding number this season ...

Comment

We played Washington 3 times this year, I am curious to know how was the rebounding number this season ...
                    Wizards won every game against us if we talk about rebounding numbers.

Comment

It is hilarious how emotional some fans get that they promote cencorship !!! Our guards played bad and they have been playing bad recently but that does not change the fact that we got out rebounded !!! We will lose the 2nd game as well if we get out rebound like this even if our guards play better.
                      We got out rebounded because the guards/wings don't box out
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        We got out rebounded because the guards/wings don't box out
                        tbf our guards should never be put in a position where they have to box out the likes of Nene. Blame that on our retarded defensive system.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

What are you talking about? You are shitting on JV in this thread, talking about rebounding. JV had 8 boards in 26 mins, equalling 11 per 36.

Like other posters have noted, you should have made a "why was (KL, DD, LW, GV) so bad today" before making this thread.

Comment

I'm still pissed that someone would make this thread. I mean, the guards were absolutely pathetic yesterday, but no, let's throw shit at jv. The guy who barely gets any playing time. The guy who's treated like Kris humphries on the offensive end, even though it's obvious he's too talented for that. I mean, they completely fucking ignore him on the offense. Hell, even Westbrook passes the ball to kanter and he's way better than lowry. Even when they go to him, it's on a shitty lob, I was so pissed at Lowry when I saw that.

Just trade him already.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              tbf our guards should never be put in a position where they have to box out the likes of Nene. Blame that on our retarded defensive system.
                              Guards don't need to box out as much as just go after the damn ball. We lose on EVERY long rebound because most of our guards just stand on the perimeter a lot. Lowry and DD rebound in spurts (need to be more consistent since it is one of our biggest team weaknesses) but Ross, GV and Lou do nothing to help.

Patterson needs to learn to box out and not just stand next to the guy. The guy has to be one of the worst rebounding PFs in the league.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Oh, and the OP is ridiculous. Especially trying to use a front page writer's opinion as fact to form an argument. You can like those articles all you want, doesn't make it fact.

You'd be better served reading posts in the forums compared to the front page.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X