Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game #2: Washington Wizards 117 - Toronto Raptors 106 (Was 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wrong would it be to start "DC sucks" chants...

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
      not yet. All is under control. Off season is comin'

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
        Very wrong. Mostly because people will misinterpret it as booing Washington, not Dwane Casey.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Very wrong. Mostly because people will misinterpret it as booing Washington, not Dwane Casey.
          Hmm, right. I forgot we were playing Washington... Well that's a bummer

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Ross was easily our best wing defender (by a long, long ways)

Too bad Casey coudn't even get him more than 22 minutes while our defensive stoppers Lou and GV played 32+
            Wat.

Defence on wall wasn't a problem. Offence and rebounding was. Ross wasn't helping in either category.

And those defensive stopping wings did a pretty goodjob defensively. Wall AND beal were a combined 11/41. Unless your tryna say ross guarded BOTH of them very well WHILE only playing 22 mins. smh.

It was the lack of JJ minutes on pierce that was a problem. Not ross minutes. Chill.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Wat.

Defence on wall wasn't a problem. Offence and rebounding was. Ross wasn't helping in either category.

And those defensive stopping wings did a pretty goodjob defensively. Wall AND beal were a combined 11/41. Unless your tryna say ross guarded BOTH of them very well WHILE only playing 22 mins. smh.

It was the lack of JJ minutes on pierce that was a problem. Not ross minutes. Chill.
              yeah. I mean, at the least if you really wanted to go small casey, why not use Lou at the 1, Ross at the 2 and either JJ or Fields?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Rebounding is the key to the 2nd game. Washington's guard shot the ball extremely bad and they were still able to win.
                We need to rebound to have a chance to win.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Rebounding is the key to the 2nd game. Washington's guard shot the ball extremely bad and they were still able to win.
                  We need to rebound to have a chance to win.
                  Then I hope we don't see small lineups (especially ones where DeRozan is the PF) nearly as much, or as much chucking from the perimeter with only a single player inside for offensive rebounding.

I have no doubt that it's all going to happen!

Comment

If you guys want to stop free agents from coming here and piss off the team, start chanting for the coach to get fired at a play off game. So stupid.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

We should be playing tonight.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Then I hope we don't see small lineups (especially ones where DeRozan is the PF) nearly as much, or as much chucking from the perimeter with only a single player inside for offensive rebounding.

I have no doubt that it's all going to happen!
                        I don't get it man. If I saw someone play an old man at power forward I would put in JV and Amir instantly. Keep running the offense through Amir and JV until the other coach realizes an old man can't guard a true PF.

Comment

Rebounding was not the issue. I mean, it was an issue, but if you look back at all three of our games this year, they destroyed us on the boards in every one. Every one, and we won all three including a blowout. So rebounding is really not the issue, even though it plays a role. The reality is that they are going to beat us on the boards. It simply always happens. Remember, they destroyed us on the boards, and it still went to OT. If we have a half decent defender stopping Pierce from going off (he had almost a quarter of their regulation points...), or if any of our players hit shots, we win.

So, I disagree with the narrative that we should adjust to improve our rebounding, or at least that it should be a priority. Our rebounding just plain sucks against these guys. But if we can adjust to get better shots, more free throw attempts, and not let anyone explode for efficient points on their end like Pierce did, we win game two regardless of the inevitably poor job we do on the boards.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lou and DD were two of the top three on the league for FTA from jump shots at 106 and 85, respectively. Harden was in between at 93.

Since we are in the playoffs that source for FTA's is going to plummet. We shot 13(?) in game 1. Probably due in part to that.

Drawing free throws is not a way to sustain success when teams start to scout you better

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Rebounding was not the issue. I mean, it was an issue, but if you look back at all three of our games this year, they destroyed us on the boards in every one. Every one, and we won all three including a blowout. So rebounding is really not the issue, even though it plays a role. The reality is that they are going to beat us on the boards. It simply always happens. Remember, they destroyed us on the boards, and it still went to OT. If we have a half decent defender stopping Pierce from going off (he had almost a quarter of their regulation points...), or if any of our players hit shots, we win.

So, I disagree with the narrative that we should adjust to improve our rebounding, or at least that it should be a priority. Our rebounding just plain sucks against these guys. But if we can adjust to get better shots, more free throw attempts, and not let anyone explode for efficient points on their end like Pierce did, we win game two regardless of the inevitably poor job we do on the boards.
                              I agree. We need to rebound better but that wasn't the main issue. Letting Pierce go off was more of an issue. It's sad that we let the guy who talked all this shit about us go off. I knew he would be the biggest factor and he was the one we should be afraid of. For some reason Pierce always scared me more than Wall and Beal. You can look at it like they shot the ball badly and still won but you can also look at it like our top 3 scorers all shot the ball badly at the same time and we didn't have Kyle in OT and they still only beat us by 7. From what you guys said we got a lot of good looks and bunnies but just couldn't hit anything. So hopefully tomorrow night we can and we continue the good D.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Good point....It might confuse Dwayne Casey too...

Comment

Working...
                                X