Will Ujiri be too chickens**t to fire Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Soooo you want toronto to be the training wheels for new coaches.

got it.
    According to some great basketball minds, coaching doesn't matter anyways, so yeah, why not?
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Tell that to Steve Kerr, Mike Budenholzer, Tom Thibideau, Dave Joerger, etc.... .
      For every Steve Kerr, there are 10 assistants who were not able to make the transition.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Soooo you want toronto to be the training wheels for new coaches.

got it.
        JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        According to some great basketball minds, coaching doesn't matter anyways, so yeah, why not?
        In other news, Pops was a rookie HC when the Spurs hired him, Phil Jackson was a rookie HC when the Bulls hired him, Spo was a rookie HC when Miami put him behind the bench, Steve Kerr was a rookie HC when GSW hired him...but yeah, the Toronto Raptors are too damn good for that shit! Bring back Lenny Wilkens! We demand experience!
        Last edited by S.R.; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 05:41 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          For every Steve Kerr, there are 10 assistants who were not able to make the transition.
          This is also true of recycled NBA coaches. It's going to be a gamble either way, but I'd rather not hire a guy who's been fired several times in the NBA before.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            This is also true of recycled NBA coaches. It's going to be a gamble either way, but I'd rather not hire a guy who's been fired several times in the NBA before.
            True but the option is not a rookie coach vs a coach that got fired several times. There is also a choice of a good and experience NBA coach who is not coaching now and has not been coaching for few years or is in the process of changing his team.

Comment

I'm becoming more and more convinced that "McRealistic" and "superjudge" are the same person.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                True but the option is not a rookie coach vs a coach that got fired several times. There is also a choice of a good and experience NBA coach who is not coaching now and has not been coaching for few years or is in the process of changing his team.
                Yeah I'm fine with a couple names on the "NBA experience" list but really not interested in a bunch of them.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  Tell that to Steve Kerr, Mike Budenholzer, Tom Thibideau, Dave Joerger, etc.... All assistant's who immediately excelled at their first head coaching gig. Established assistants is the most proven way of getting a good head coach. Very rarely do former head coach's work out, they were fired for a reason.

Of course, according to you we have no business speculating on coaches since we ourselves are not NBA coaches......
                  Well knowing our Raptors luck we would probably get somebody like Derek Fisher or Brian Shaw.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Well knowing our Raptors luck we would probably get somebody like Derek Fisher or Brian Shaw.
                    Though really, who the heck knows if Fisher can coach? A staff of Aurebach, Pop, Jackson and Riley couldn't lead that team to 20 wins.

Comment

• This was basically a thread for peanutwozzle to take out his personal vendetta about Ujiri, didn't really warrant MORE fire Casey discussion, it's happening everywhere.

Why in anyones right mind would Ujiri be "chicken shit"? Is Dwane Casey a mob boss? Is Ujiri going to lift his blanket and find a severed rock in his bed?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        Kerr was never an assistant, his only coaching gig ever is this year with the Warriors.

You're just stating the obvious in that every coaching hire doesn't work out, only some do. I bet that the success rate of former head coaches that were fired is worse than assistants that were given their first shot. As people have stated, every single good coach in the NBA was given their gig with no prior NBA head coaching experience. Sounds like you want JVG or Thibs, I'm fine with either of those guys if they're available, put them on the interview list with a bunch of top assistants and I trust Ujiri to pick the right one.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Kerr was never an assistant, his only coaching gig ever is this year with the Warriors.

You're just stating the obvious in that every coaching hire doesn't work out, only some do. I bet that the success rate of former head coaches that were fired is worse than assistants that were given their first shot. As people have stated, every single good coach in the NBA was given their gig with no prior NBA head coaching experience. Sounds like you want JVG or Thibs, I'm fine with either of those guys if they're available, put them on the interview list with a bunch of top assistants and I trust Ujiri to pick the right one.
                          Kerr was a GM. Unlike MU, he thinks like a coach whereas Masai thinks like a scout. Neither is better or worse, just different.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Kerr was a GM. Unlike MU, he thinks like a coach whereas Masai thinks like a scout. Neither is better or worse, just different.
                            Kerr wasn't a very good GM, lots of questionable trades that didn't make the team better. I think it's better to have a GM who thinks like a scout. Kerr is obviously more cut out for coaching than GM'ing.

Comment

Kerr wasn't a very good GM, lots of questionable trades that didn't make the team better. I think it's better to have a GM who thinks like a scout. Kerr is obviously more cut out for coaching than GM'ing.
                              Depends on where a team is in its development. Established team like the Spurs or Mavericks are more coach GM filling immediate needs at the expense of BPA and developing. Hinkie is a scout GM who needed to focus on the now vs later. Morely in Houston isn't a scout or coach but value GM like Hinkie gather assets to trade. Imho

Comment

that's putting it mildly

Comment

Working...
                                X