Off-Season NEEDS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tDotted wrote: View Post
    Raptors lead the league in most players with 100 or more made threes (5).
    Transition pull up threes don't work in the playoffs

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Go back in time and tank last year? No?

1. Fire Casey
      2. Let all 6 free agents walk or use as S&T trade bait
      3. Trade Lowry
      4. Acquire a starting PF
      5. Don't let Vasquez play anything but backup PG
      6. Test the trade market for DeRozan, but likely retain

Depth chart heading into next season:

STARTERS
      C - Valanciunas
      PF -
      SF -
      SG - DeRozan
      PG -

2ND UNIT
      C -
      PF - Patterson
      SF - J. Johnson
      SG - Ross
      PG - Vasquez

BENCH
      - Bruno
      - Bebe
      I would love a lockdown PG like an Avery Bradley and a Paul Millsap please. The problems we're seeing now is not only the lack of rebounding but guard / perimeter defense.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Does something like this work?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l2spe8c

Sacramento: Lawson, #7
        Denver: DeRozan, collison, #20
        Toronto: Gallo, Staukas, #6
        I'd want a couple of first rounders and Jrue Holiday (in a later trade). But that's a great trade all around.

Comment

I... like that trade.

Comment

I like it for all 3 teams

+1

Comment

I like it. Denver may go total rebuild tho and try to trade for picks.

Why do people keep saying that the raps can significantly improve the roster by trading ross/jj/gv and thru free agency? Kriss middleton is a solid player but he isnt gunna make the raps a contender. I think the odds of getting an established allstar are slim in free agency and i dont want to rely on that. The best chance for improving the roster is to trade dd or kl for young players or picks.

Comment

On second thought, I don't think Denver gets enough.

But something with that the gist I'd be very happy with.

Maybe sign and trade Amir to Sactown with 7 going to denver, 20 to Sacramento, and Raps eat Jason Thompson (only $2.65m guaranteed for 2016-17)?

I don't know....but Denver gives up 2 starters and a lottery pick is unfair.

Comment

What I find funny is that everyone now comes out with 2 pages of what we need this off season in terms of players while just 1.5 month ago, before the trade deadline , no one wanted to touch this team out of fear of disturbing the "team Chemistry" , even the expiring contract of Hayes !!!

The sad part of it all is that the story will repeat itself next year and just after few wins, anyone who slightly criticizes MU or the team will be labeled a troll.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    What I find funny is that everyone now comes out with 2 pages of what we need this off season in terms of players while just 1.5 month ago, before the trade deadline , no one wanted to touch this team out of fear of disturbing the "team Chemistry" , even the expiring contract of Hayes !!!
                    Trades during the season affect chemistry vastly more than trades during the offseason.

Comment

The sad part of it all is that the story will repeat itself next year and just after few wins, anyone who slightly criticizes MU or the team will be labeled a troll.
                      Actually I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't want any trades made because I thought it would be a waste of assets as the team was going nowhere. Had nothing to do with chemistry and everything to do with giving the team as currently constructed an opportunity to show what they could do over the course of a full season and playoffs. They've done that and let us see what Masai does next.

Comment

I was against mid season trades because they would most probably sacrifice future flexibility for a few meaningless regular season wins.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

To TOR- Jrue Holiday (NOP), Gallnari (DEN), Collison (SAC), Den(#7)

To NOP- GV, Staukus (SAC), Tor(#20), Tor 2017 2nd

To DEN - Lowry, Tross, Carl Landry (SAC), Sac(#6)

To SAC - Lawson, Faried

2015-16 line up
                          Holiday/ Collison
                          DeRozan/ Defensive veteran 2
                          Gallnari/ JJ
                          Thompson/Porzingis/ bebe
                          JV/ KP/ bebe

draft Kristaps Porzingis with 7th pick; 7'1 Center with SF move who plays PF lol
                          maybe think about trading 2pat for a defensive 2 whose a VET
                          Sign a Tristan Thompson and Kendrick parkins(Vet)

With these trades we save alot of money and willl still have around 8m to spend if cap goes up to 73m
                          Last edited by Abbas; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 09:40 PM.
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

what i find funny is the fact that you are so consistenly, blatantly wrong. i mean, literally all the time.

people didn't want midseason trades because these would have been sacrificing the future for minor successes this season, things like trading picks, etc. for veterans.

now, people want overhaul consistent with a rebuild (or at least major revamp) going towards youth, talent, with proper coaching and hopefully a couple good vets to keep guys in line.

If you're going to troll at least put in more effort than that.

Comment

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                              Really like the Lowry/Beverly/Lucas tandem as well as the wings rotation, however, as intriguing as making Steve Nash our head coach is, you think he'd be able to coach a team into defensive respectability? (we all know the offence would be unreal)
                              I have no clue if he'd be a good coach and no one else does, and if they say they do they're lying. I'm inferring he'd be good off the fact that he was a clear high IQ player that was great at making his team better. Realistically, I don't know if he could run schemes well on either end of the floor.

DanH wrote: View Post
                              We'll have 17 or so. Saving a half million from Greivis and a million from Ross won't get you near 20M. On top of the zero chance Beverley signs for so little.
                              KL-12
                              DD-9.5
                              PP-6.27
                              JJ-2.5
                              JV-4.66
                              Bebe-1.84
                              Bruno-1.52
                              Beverley(let's pretend 6)
                              Jones-2.04

That puts us at 46.33M in salaries. Soft cap is 67M is it not?

Assuming we could convince Beverley to take less that market price, not sure how my scenario doesn't work other than the Hans/Lou signings.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                I was against mid season trades because they would most probably sacrifice future flexibility for a few meaningless regular season wins.
                                With a massive Cap increase in 2016, the talk of future flexibility is meaningless.

The reality is that the fans believed in this team and after wasting 2 years and one of the best draft years and 2 early exit from the play offs, now they want to go back to step one which is rebuild.

That being said, I think the first step before offering all these one sided trades ( in favour of Toronto), we need to hire a experience coach with wining records and this time around, really and without bias, evaluate what we have under the right system and coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X