Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoff Game #3: Toronto Raptors 99 - Washington Wizards 106 (Was 3-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    Casey would bench Kawhi for matchup purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha so true.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      32 points on 29 shots

Not so stellar
      No, but (without looking at the box score, just going by watching the game) puts Lowry, GV, and Lou to shame. And I wonder if his poor shooting in the second half was due to being triple teamed every time he got the ball (mild exaggerations). I suspect he felt he had to take those shots because nobody else (guards) were hitting theirs, and Casey has no contingency plans for what happens if the guards don't hit their shots.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        This

Thank you thank you thank you sid seixeiro.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          No, but (without looking at the box score, just going by watching the game) puts Lowry, GV, and Lou to shame. And I wonder if his poor shooting in the second half was due to being triple teamed every time he got the ball (mild exaggerations). I suspect he felt he had to take those shots because nobody else (guards) were hitting theirs, and Casey has no contingency plans for what happens if the guards don't hit their shots.
          It's so hard to judge this team. Casey seemed fine with Lowry taking the shots he did in his post game presser. If that's the game plan, can you blame Lowry? Can you blame DD for reverting to long jump shot central after his first Q? So many of the problems with this team are intertwined with each other. How do we know what's fixable and what needs to be removed? It's bad enough that there's no way it is just any one thing - but it's also bad enough that there are almost certainly several things that absolutely have to change. Masai has interesting work cut out for him this summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            It's so hard to judge this team. Casey seemed fine with Lowry taking the shots he did in his post game presser. If that's the game plan, can you blame Lowry? Can you blame DD for reverting to long jump shot central after his first Q?

Man you are slow and I don't mean to insult you. Look at Lowry's past. This team the way it is constructed is flawed. We don't have a SF. We don't have a good PF. We don't have a Back up C. Our PG is shoot first PG while everyone wants to have our C involved in the offence and ... Changing Casey is the first step but this team needs a lot more than just changing the coach.

If I have to go back to Nortel example, while stock was around 40-50 , some people ( just like you ) were talking about changing CEO and thought that would changes things around. Reality however was something else.

We have ONLY 2 players who are worth taking a 2nd look at: DD and Big Val.
            I will add Ross to the list because he is on rookie contract and his trade value is ZERO so why rush to trade hime now.

The rest of this team and the was they are is nothing special and they have been exposed against WASH.

This is the summer of MU and he has a lot of work to do.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              Man you are slow and I don't mean to insult you. Look at Lowry's past. This team the way it is constructed is flawed. We don't have a SF. We don't have a good PF. We don't have a Back up C. Our PG is shoot first PG while everyone wants to have our C involved in the offence and ... Changing Casey is the first step but this team needs a lot more than just changing the coach.

If I have to go back to Nortel example, while stock was around 40-50 , some people ( just like you ) were talking about changing CEO and thought that would changes things around. Reality however was something else.

I will add Ross to the list because he is on rookie contract and his trade value is ZERO so why rush to trade hime now.

The rest of this team and the was they are is nothing special and they have been exposed against WASH.

You did a real good job of not being insulting by calling me slow.

And people like me? What does that mean? What position exactly do you think I'm espousing?

Over and over again we've seen players like DJ Augustin look like piles of complete garbage under Casey and go on to be very useful role players. I agree that changes need to be made, it's just that the waters are muddied by Casey's complete ineptitude.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                You did a real good job of not being insulting by calling me slow.

And people like me? What does that mean? What position exactly do you think I'm espousing?

Over and over again we've seen players like DJ Augustin look like piles of complete garbage under Casey and go on to be very useful role players. I agree that changes need to be made, it's just that the waters are muddied by Casey's complete ineptitude.
                I apologize if the slow came out as an insult which I said in the original post that it was not mean to one.

Now back to your DJ Augustin example. I agree that system players a big role in how a player plays but there is also the FIT that is as important. Our players don't fit together. Our team has holes in it. This group of guys will not be significantly better under another coach.

These are facts and wasting another season "evaluating" under another coach, is simply insane in my book.

We spent two years evaluating thee guys and now want to do more of it !!! how does this make any sense ??

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Demar never met a shot he didn't like.

Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Shut up, chucker.

Problem #1: Casey, KL, DD, GV, LW all describe the offense this way. Your #3 ORTG is because of efficient bigs and FT's. Nobody has been "making those shots," ever. That's why the rest of the league is avoiding them.

Problem #2: Nobody's talking about the defense. They're playing vs. the second worst offense in the playoffs (Wiz only ahead of the Bucks) and getting absolutely smoked in their own end.

smh @ every "try harder" and "usually make shots" comment. Hopeless.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I apologize if the slow came out as an insult which I said in the original post that it was not mean to one.

Now back to your DJ Augustin example. I agree that system players a big role in how a player plays but there is also the FIT that is as important. Our players don't fit together. Our team has holes in it. This group of guys will not be significantly better under another coach.

These are facts and wasting another season "evaluating" under another coach, is simply insane in my book.

We spent two years evaluating thee guys and now want to do more of it !!! how does this make any sense ??
                    As long as we don't have to evaluate the next bunch of guys under the same coach I'm good for whatever

Comment

• You know how offense usually drops off in the playoffs? Washington is +7 ppg in this series against the Raps vs. their regular season average.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

When did I ever say I wanted to do more of it? That's what I'm taking exception to! I never said that!
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So after 3 games:

DeRozan - Only Raptor that showed up to play in this series.

Lowry - Like i said before, i don't buy the injury excuse. He injured his back during the Wolves game in TO. He's been struggling way before that game, since being named an all star starter.

JV - No comment

Amir - He played well last night, but he wasn't much of a factor the first 2 games. Soft.

Greivis - He hit that clutch 3 late in the 4th back in Game 1 but other than that he's been pretty irrelevant in this series.

Lou - Non factor this series

Hansbrough - Non factor this series

Patterson - 1 reb last night lol. Tells you everything. The guy talks a lot but i would love to see him back it up sometimes.

Ross -
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Tyrion Lannister would be Casey's ideal starting C
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Perhaps DanH's point was a little too complicated for you. He said that deciding on changes are made more difficult by our coach/system, not that we shouldn't make them.

I agree with him. It's one of the worst parts about having a bad coach... It's hard to know the true value of your players, nor are you likely to maximize their return via trade for the same reason.

Comment

• I was disappointed with last night's loss. However, I still take on the mentality that if we aren't going to have the pieces to contend.. whats the point. MU has to make a lot of moves this offseason which I am fine with. He has quite a bit of space to work it too if the cap is going to the mid 60ks

Comment

Working...
                                X