Playoff failure: Will this define DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Regarding you thread title, DD is just 1 man. It's a TEAM failure and not one player. DD will still be as good as he is or better. This more defines the coach than the players because they do what the coaches draw up. We need to stop that ISO thinking. It's on every player, with regards to the outcome, and the coaches.
    I agree that DD is just one player not the entire team. When one evaluates a player's career playoff success or failure is a big part of their legacy. Look at Chris Paul on the Clippers--a great PG but never has reached a conference finals--to a degree this does define his career.

Comment

"Just about an hour to tip-off and DeMar DeRozan writes on the Raptors blackboard: "Fuck It, Let's Get It." It's time to play Game 3."

-S. Simmons

Comment

DeRozan is the only player on this team that consistently shows a passion for winning. Is he the best player in his division? conference? league? who cares? As an individual, he has as much or more heart than anyone on the team.....we're lucky to have him.

The propensity for this fan base to criticize their own is astounding.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Yeah and this is the exact reason Washington is shutting down our perimeter players because they rarely even look to pass after the screen.
          Wall was hitting Gortat with easy looks all night. Textbook.

Comment

He was the only guy that I was glad about in this series. He won me over, played his fucking ass off, and I believe if we get a better coach to trim some of his habits and/or a bigger star he can defer to, he'll be an even better contributor. I still don't think he's a first option on any title contender, nor a max guy. But he is a fine player and could be a big help. He showed up, didn't flunk under pressure, and actually, if the Raps had any chance at all on games 2 and 3 it was because of him.

Comment

pky_rdy wrote: View Post
              DeRozan is the only player on this team that consistently shows a passion for winning. Is he the best player in his division? conference? league? who cares? As an individual, he has as much or more heart than anyone on the team.....we're lucky to have him.
              Well said.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

DD has never been and will never be anything more than a league average player. Great to have on your bench and as an occasional startet, but if he's your teams focal point, you're going nowhere.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

People say this offhand like it's gospel, but I've never seen it. Nothing above and beyond whatever the league average for passion is.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    People say this offhand like it's gospel, but I've never seen it. Nothing above and beyond whatever the league average for passion is.
                    Relative to Lowry, DD looks like he floats a bit.

Relative to Westbrooke, DD looks like he has Bargnani's compete level

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Relative to Lowry, DD looks like he floats a bit.

Relative to Westbrooke, DD looks like he has Bargnani's compete level
                      Some people really need to start watching the game.
                      That being said, when it comes to work ethics and effort, DD has been praised by every single coach that he has played under and every player he has played beside.

Statement like above, shows the depth of baseless accusations of DD haters on this form over the season.

Comment

He has been consistent for us. The question is what will be his NBA legacy? To date he has not been on a team that has won a round in the playoffs. That is factual. Players careers , in large part, but not entirely , are defined but what they do or don't do in the playoffs.

Comment

There is a sort of irony to the question and the premise....what failure in the playoffs does to DD's legacy? Seriously?

Should anyone really care? Including DD? This is a team crisis.

Isn't anyone concerned about the legacy of the Raptors? Weren't the Raptors "destined" to possess an identity to make other teams fearful to play us/it?

Frankly, I'd like to be concerned about how the league will perceive the cumulative pussyness of the team and it's legacy going forward. No decent f/a eg. would like to be associated with such a team. That the cretin Paul Pierce had the temerity to label the team as devoid of "it" (which is a euphemism for fortitude really) and then have it come to pass is more of an issue to me.

ps...and then we have a coach who hasn't put the team in a position to adjust and succeed. Grrrrr.

Comment

The funny thing about this thread is that it suggests that DD has some sort of legacy that is being tarnished by lack of playoff success. Quite the contrary ... hes been a pretty good regular season player (one time all star), who has struggled his whole career with efficiency and bringing much more than scoring (although post injury this year, has picked up assists/rebounding).
                            You would absolutely EXPECT a player with DD's regular season resume to have no / very little playoff success .. so I dont think there is much to talk about here

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              He has been consistent for us. The question is what will be his NBA legacy? To date he has not been on a team that has won a round in the playoffs. That is factual. Players careers , in large part, but not entirely , are defined but what they do or don't do in the playoffs.
                              TMac never advanced to the second round until he was an after thought on the Spurs.
                              Going out on a limb, and saying he was far better than DD, but it apparently didn't matter.

As others have said, this isn't just about DD. There's no D in Team.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                                TMac never advanced to the second round until he was an after thought on the Spurs.
                                Going out on a limb, and saying he was far better than DD, but it apparently didn't matter.

As others have said, this isn't just about DD. There's no D in Team.
                                How would you describe TMac's legacy?

Comment

Working...
                                X