Who would you rather represent as GM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather represent as GM?

I got talking with a buddy about this the other day and thought it was an interesting question.

Of all the teams who didn't make the playoffs (and let's include Mil and Boston due to the state of the east, as well as NO since they would've missed if OKC was healthy) who would you rather manage as a GM?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what people thought of the various states and strategies of the non-playoff/fringe teams.

Think about it however you like; talent on the roster, financial flexibility, upcoming draft picks, ability to attract FA, legacy, etc...

If you were offered any of these teams today, who would you take? Why? Why would you stay away from some and who would be the runner ups?

Orlando!

They have the best future and living in Florida would be nice
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

1a. Boston due to coaching, roster, and legacy.

1b. New Orleans due to Anthony Davis (even if they have the dumbest team name and mascot in sports).

I feel those teams would be the easiest to take over for from this point on.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Milwaukee or Boston.
        Milwaukee because look at everything they've accomplished this year, they've done it without arguably one of their best guys, Jabari Parker. Also Giannis, Parker, Middleton, MCW, Ennis, Henson, are all very young, and have miles to go before becoming a finished product. Also having Jason Kidd at the helm is very nice. VERY bright future in my opinion.
        Most of the above can be applied to the Celtics as well. Lots of great young players, very good coach, and as an 5 first rounders and 7 second rounders within next 2 years!?!?!? ( I think?) Very bright future as well.

Comment

I think for me I would have to go Milwaukee as my first choice:

- Just love the young talent on that team, so much love
          - Think JKidd will be a top tier coach
          - Did I mention how much I love their young talent?

Boston and Minnesota would come in as a close tie for second.

Boston gives you:
          - Possibly top coach in the league as he continues to gain more experience
          - Good batch of young talent
          - You'd get to say you were the GM of the Celtics...

Minnesota gives you :
          - Really love their young talent as well. Athleticism for days.
          - A high pick this year in what I see as a very talented lottery, If you get one of the bigs he gets mentored by KG.
          - I think this team has the potential to explode and surprise some people with a couple additions in the next couple of years.

Comment

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
            Milwaukee or Boston.
            Milwaukee because look at everything they've accomplished this year, they've done it without arguably one of their best guys, Jabari Parker. Also Giannis, Parker, Middleton, MCW, Ennis, Henson, are all very young, and have miles to go before becoming a finished product. Also having Jason Kidd at the helm is very nice. VERY bright future in my opinion.
            Most of the above can be applied to the Celtics as well. Lots of great young players, very good coach, and as an 5 first rounders and 7 second rounders within next 2 years!?!?!? ( I think?) Very bright future as well.
            Wait.... do they have that many picks for real?

That might push them up to #1 for me if true...

Edit = Ok did a quick research and they do have a ton, but most of them will be pushed back a year or two due to protections. They have 2 guaranteed firsts this year and the next though. Not shabby
            Last edited by Bandit; Fri Apr 24, 2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I'm going to say sota or Lakers.

Sota because Wiggins and Lakers because it's the prime location for free agents.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Anthony Davis x 1000

Guys, he just turned 22 and he was already in the MVP conversation this season. If he has a healthy career, he could be the best C since Shaq. Centres with that talent level win championships.

He's the most sure thing for the next generation of guys coming up behind Lebron & co.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Anthony Davis x 1000

Guys, he just turned 22 and he was already in the MVP conversation this season. If he has a healthy career, he could be the best C since Shaq. Centres with that talent level win championships.

He's the most sure thing for the next generation of guys coming up behind Lebron & co.
                  No doubt he's a beast. The financial situation isn't that bad either with the cap going up. I guess my issue with the team is that besides Davis who do they have to build around? It's not like they have a ton of Picks coming in either I don't believe. The coach isn't going to cut it out west either.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Anthony Davis x 1000

For sure you'd want the team with Anthony Davis. The question is, will that end up being New Orleans in the long run?

Bandit wrote: View Post
                    No doubt he's a beast. The financial situation isn't that bad either with the cap going up. I guess my issue with the team is that besides Davis who do they have to build around? It's not like they have a ton of Picks coming in either I don't believe. The coach isn't going to cut it out west either.
                    And this is the source of concern. Could you put the right team together around him before he gets tired of the situation?

I'd probably take Boston, wait for Anthony Davis to get sick of NOP, then throw about 6 draft picks and 4-5 young pieces for him...and probably still have enough young pieces/picks left to have a legit core around Davis. Fuck I hate Boston...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      For sure you'd want the team with Anthony Davis. The question is, will that end up being New Orleans in the long run?

And this is the source of concern. Could you put the right team together around him before he gets tired of the situation?

I'd probably take Boston, wait for Anthony Davis to get sick of NOP, then throw about 6 draft picks and 4-5 young pieces for him...and probably still have enough young pieces/picks left to have a legit core around Davis. Fuck I hate Boston...
                      Lol, I started doing the math to see how much they could probably throw for him... Then decided I would go back to my beer

Comment

Have to go with Minnesota. Wiggins and a top 5 pick to build around is just too much to pass up. Anthony Davis is the man but I'd rather live in Minny than New Orleans. I hate humidity. Plus I'm originally from northern Manitoba, so cold weather doesn't bug me.

Comment

i would go with new york
                          just be buddies with Dolan and you will never get fired unless your historically horrible at your job ( look how bad Isiah Thomas was to get him fired and there were still rumours he was going to get hired back )
                          plus if you fail its cause of dolan's interference and if you succeed your super awesome cause you did it despite his interference

Comment

seeing how we should stick with shit teams that didn't make the playoffs! i'd go with Minny,
                            1. Super Star in the making and elite calibre player to build around in Wiggins
                            2. Star young PG thats one of the elite playmakers in Rubio
                            3. high ceiling, dynamic young talent in LaVine, Dieng, Shabazz and to an extent Payne & Bennett.
                            4. Valuable Trade assets in Pekovic & Martin
                            5. Lots of cap space & draft picks.

After that would be Miami, great weather, sexy latina's, beaches, and a stud starting 5 (Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside)...they just need a complete bench makeover to really compete in the East.

Comment

West - Minnesota

They got a future superstar (Wiggins), a decent young side kick (Lavigne), a true point guard (Rubio), other young talent (Dieng, Shabaz, Payne, Bennett), a veteran legend (KG), and a lottery pick. They can be the next OKC or Pelicans.

Comment

Working...
                              X