Brilliant Restart for the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Restart for the Team

Keep DeRozan, the rest are all expendables.

1) Toronto out: Kyle Lowry, Resigned Amir Johnson
    Toronto in: T.Jones, Resigned Patrick Beverly, K.Papanikolaou, 2015 1st round draft pick, Cash (depends on how much the Rockets will resign Beverly for)
    - This trade should entice the Rockets as in they get their former PG in Lowry who would immediately start for the team as the 3rd or 4th option. A veteran PF in Amir Johnson can backup both Smith or Howard, depends on how they play the game
    - The Raptors get rid of a contract in Lowry but acquiring some nice young players in Beverly, T-Jones in his contract year and a decent backup SF in Papanikolaou.

2) Toronto out: T-Ross, JV, Vazquez, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
    Toronto in: DMC, Nik Stauskas
    - This trade get rid of our core players in Ross and Val plus our assets in draft picks along with an underachiever in Vazquez - These players should entice the Kings to rid themselves of DMC
    - The Raptors acquire the best center in the league in DMC, hopefully he's coachable under the right coach and a Canadian product in Nik Stauskas who would win fan's favorite as a backup SG to DeRozan.

4) Toronto out: 2Pat, Bruno Caboclo, Bebe
    Toronto in: Resigned Tristan Thompson, Joe Harris
    - A lateral trade with the Cavs for their C in Thompson who's looking to sign a big contract in the summer, perhaps the Cavs would bite this trade in they are getting a decent backup PF/C in Patterson, a project in Bruno who would learn a lot from the King himself and a young stud C in the making in Bebe
    - The Raptors acquire another Canadian product in Thompson who could start for the team at the PF position or backing up DMC. Joe Harris could be waived to make roster for a backup PG

5) If we have the money, sign Khris Middleton to a 4 years contract and see if it works and resign Tyler Hansborough to a 2 years contract
    - Khris Middleton or DeMarre Carroll are two players I see the Raptors in signing if we have the money without going into luxury tax. However with DMC on board, I doubt we have the money to acquire another star player and wait until 2016 when we can go after KD or Carmello.
    - Resigning Tyler Hansborough and have him to be our primary backup PF/C is a good choice, he played a lot better than 2Pat all season long.

6) Draft Montrezl Harrell with the Rockets pick
    - A project in the making

7) FA Lost: Fields, Hayes, Lou-Will, Steisma

8) Contract Year: T-Jones, JJ, Papanikolaou, DeD

Our Lineups Next Year
    Beverly/Harris
    DeRozan/Stauskas/DeAndre Daniels?
    Middleton/JJ/Papanikolaou
    T-Jones/Hansborough/Harrell
    DMC/Thompson/

- Have a 14 man roster and get a 3rd string PG or C, most likely a backup PG in case Harris doesn't pan out.

Last but not least, fire Coach Casey and get JVG as our coach.
    Last edited by tenforthewin; Fri Apr 24, 2015, 05:54 PM.

We're not getting cousins.

Comment

Lowry back to Houston? Wasn't mchale a coach he butted heads with ?
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

How about trading Lowry to his hometown sixers for their prospects and picks? They just traded away their starting point guard and currently don't have one. Seems more reasonable than trading him back to Houston where he clashed with McHale.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Toronto in: T.Jones, Resigned Patrick Beverly, K.Papanikolaou, 2015 1st round draft pick, Cash (depends on how much the Rockets will resign Beverly for)
          - This trade should entice the Rockets as in they get their former PG in Lowry who would immediately start for the team as the 3rd or 4th option. A veteran PF in Amir Johnson can backup both Smith or Howard, depends on how they play the game
          - The Raptors get rid of a contract in Lowry but acquiring some nice young players in Beverly, T-Jones in his contract year and a decent backup SF in Papanikolaou.

2) Toronto out: T-Ross, JV, Vazquez, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
          - This trade get rid of our core players in Ross and Val plus our assets in draft picks along with an underachiever in Vazquez - These players should entice the Kings to rid themselves of DMC
          - The Raptors acquire the best center in the league in DMC, hopefully he's coachable under the right coach and a Canadian product in Nik Stauskas who would win fan's favorite as a backup SG to DeRozan.

- A lateral trade with the Cavs for their C in Thompson who's looking to sign a big contract in the summer, perhaps the Cavs would bite this trade in they are getting a decent backup PF/C in Patterson, a project in Bruno who would learn a lot from the King himself and a young stud C in the making in Bebe
          - The Raptors acquire another Canadian product in Thompson who could start for the team at the PF position or backing up DMC. Joe Harris could be waived to make roster for a backup PG

5) If we have the money, sign Khris Middleton to a 4 years contract and see if it works and resign Tyler Hansborough to a 2 years contract
          - Khris Middleton or DeMarre Carroll are two players I see the Raptors in signing if we have the money without going into luxury tax. However with DMC on board, I doubt we have the money to acquire another star player and wait until 2016 when we can go after KD or Carmello.
          - Resigning Tyler Hansborough and have him to be our primary backup PF/C is a good choice, he played a lot better than 2Pat all season long.

Our Lineups Next Year
          Beverly/Harris
          DMC/Thompson/

- Have a 14 man roster and get a 3rd string PG or C, most likely a backup PG in case Harris doesn't pan out.

We have a small chance to get cousins... I dont like the 4th trade... lets keep bruno...also why not get tom thibs or mike malone or scott brooks instead of jvg

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Our Lineups Next Year
            Beverly/Harris
            DMC/Thompson/

I read as far as keep derozan and diidnt bother reading any farther knowing that ut was just going to be a bad post

Comment

If I could ever do this...

Lakers / Raptors

To Toronto
              Nick Young
              Julius Randle
              Lakers 2015 1st round selection

To Los Angeles
              DeMar DeRozan
              Terrence Ross

Sacramento / Toronto

To Toronto
              Jason Thompson
              Sauce Castillo
              Sacramento 2015 1st round pick

To Sacramento
              Kyle Lowry

Draft Muniday and Justice Winslow

Sign Draymond Green

Valanciunas / Thompson / Bebe
              Randle / Patterson
              Green / Sauce
              Winslow / Young
              Muniday / Vazquez

Then I woke up.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post

Lakers / Raptors

To Toronto
                Nick Young
                Julius Randle

To Los Angeles
                DeMar DeRozan
                Terrence Ross

Sacramento / Toronto

To Toronto
                Jason Thompson
                Sauce Castillo

To Sacramento
                Kyle Lowry

Sign Draymond Green

Randle / Patterson
                Green / Sauce
                Winslow / Young
                Muniday / Vazquez

Then I woke up.
                I like the idea you have but sorry about Draymond Green...he isn't going anywhere. No important FA is coming to the Raps this off season.

Personally my reset button looks like: (please not these trades aren't fleecing by any stretch, and we may be able to do slightly better in real life)

Three way trade
                Lowry + DD to NO
                Eric Gordon to Philly
                Jrue Holiday + NO's 2018 1st round pick swap + OKC's 2016 1st round pick (from Philly) + 2015 second round picks from Denver and Orlando (from Philly)

Ross + 2016 1st round pick swap (lesser of okc/den/nyk) for Nik Stuaskas

Vasquez to Boston for Philly's second round pick (33) [Boston can handle Vasquez' salary via trade exception from Rondo]

Draft:
                Lucas (with our 20th)
                Daniel Brown (2nd round)
                Take a gamble on a European prospect (Ex Nedim Buza) or someone like Gabriel Olaseni

Bring in Daniels and a third string PG
                Re-sign Amir

We role into next season with:

Jrue Holiday/Lucas/3rd stringer
                Stauskas/Daniel Brown
                Coboclo/Daniels/Brown
                Patterson/Amir
                JV/Bebe

Basically we get a lot younger/longer/quicker...but ultimate quite a bit worse at the moment. With JV, Jrue, multiple shooters, and a solid coaching system we should be able to compete for the playoffs in the East however...we want these guys to get as much playoff experience as they can.

For the future it looks great on the wings and in the short term we are good for the front court, with our biggest need will be a starting PF. Can't do it all in one post season however

Comment

I guess restarting is the new thing.

I'd probably use Lowry and DD to acquire a top 5 pick (Russell hopefully) + Stauskas.

Lowry to LA for #4 and filler.

DD to SAC for Stauskas+.

Sign Harris or Middleton.

Let go of Amir, Lou, Fields, Hansborough.

Re-sign Hayes.

Draft Wood with our 20th.

Sign Mike Dunleavy or a vet along his lines.

Sign a Lavoy Allen for backup C.

Sign a 3-pt shooter for backup 2.

Russell/Vasquez
                  Stauskas/FA
                  Middleton/Dunleavy/Bruno
                  Patterson/Wood
                  JV/Allen/Hayes/Bebe

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post

Lakers / Raptors

To Toronto
                    Nick Young
                    Julius Randle

To Los Angeles
                    DeMar DeRozan
                    Terrence Ross

Sacramento / Toronto

To Toronto
                    Jason Thompson
                    Sauce Castillo

To Sacramento
                    Kyle Lowry

Sign Draymond Green

Randle / Patterson
                    Green / Sauce
                    Winslow / Young
                    Muniday / Vazquez

Then I woke up.
                    Any trade that names Sauce Castillo over Nik Stauskas is a win in my books.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Damn. There's a lot of complete teardown fans here.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Damn. There's a lot of complete teardown fans here.
                        Still have a need for "top flight talent"

- Free Agents aren't going to sign here
                        - Current roster doesn't have any of those
                        - Draft is our best bet

Basically the last two seasons have been a ride it out while we win and make some money...but when it fails then we go with original plan

Comment

What's with the love for Sauce on this board? He's actually a pretty bad player (reminds me of Novak but just not as good). I hope it's not for his passport.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            What's with the love for Sauce on this board? He's actually a pretty bad player (reminds me of Novak but just not as good). I hope it's not for his passport.
                            1. His nickname is Sauce Castillo.
                            2. He is a top 10 pick rookie stuck beyond other top 10 picks at his position - therefore he isn't reaching his potential there and could be a good buy-low option.
                            3. We need more perimeter shooters.
                            4. SAUCE CASTILLO!!
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                            X