No announcement yet.

Is Tanking An Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a full proper rebuild. We need to sell high on DD and lowry and trade for young talent and picks. We need to build through the draft, but tanking isn't an option because you want to make the most of the past two years. I can definitely say that lowry and derozan's value has increased because winning does that. We can probably get two lottery picks each for both of them. We need to target long defenders that can shoot and play defence at every position. This draft has a lot of lengthy wings and long shot blockers which is a huge plus. We also need to get a coach that can adjust and strategise. I wouldn't even mind trying someone who has never coached before. If you want to tank hinkie style, that ship has sailed. That's not going to happen with Masai.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Since the 1999 championship every finals has included at least one of Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Shaq, of Tim Duncan. The Raps don't have anyone on those guys levels so we need to get one. Continuity wont get us one.
      That's not so impressive. Since 2000, every finals has included at least one of Udonis Haslem, Luke Walton, Brian Shaw, or Bruce Bowen.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        That's not so impressive. Since 2000, every finals has included at least one of Udonis Haslem, Luke Walton, Brian Shaw, or Bruce Bowen.
        I dont really get what that proves. That scrubs can get carried to championships? Every team has scrubs on it, but very few have super stars (top5-10 players). The players who are the best consistantly bring their teams deep in the playoffs. If the same players are going far in the playoffs is makes sense that their temates also go far, that doesnt mean that having haslem will help miami in the future.

Comment

I'm surprised by the amount of "retool" votes there are, yet a lot of posts say that we need to increase our talent. Curious of how is that possible

We need talent, I think the whole ride it out good luck charm has run its course, and now it is time to get that talent influx that we need. And that means draft draft draft for us, which consequently pushes us more to the tanking side of things

Comment

I can not wait for the press interview with MU after this game within next week where he is going from I have a total trust in this team and it is a great team to we need to rebuild in matter of 3 weeks. Talk about lack of plan and vision.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
              I can not wait for the press interview with MU after this game within next week where he is going from I have a total trust in this team and it is a great team to we need to rebuild in matter of 3 weeks. Talk about lack of plan and vision.
              do you really think Masai would say anything of substance to the media heading into the playoffs? Troll harder.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                do you really think Masai would say anything of substance to the media heading into the playoffs? Troll harder.
                LOL, so now you are claiming that MU knew this team will get swept in play offs and choose to not move Lou williams expiring contracts or other expiring contracts to get some small assets for off season

Make up your mind pal, as a MU fan, you are making the guy look really bad.

Troll Harder but keep reading my posts.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  I'm surprised by the amount of "retool" votes there are, yet a lot of posts say that we need to increase our talent. Curious of how is that possible

We need talent, I think the whole ride it out good luck charm has run its course, and now it is time to get that talent influx that we need. And that means draft draft draft for us, which consequently pushes us more to the tanking side of things
                  My guess would be the majority (not all, but majority) of those 'retool' votes are by posters who were pointing to 13-2/24-7/37-17/1st/2nd/3rd/etc. as reasons why the criticism should be ignored and/or dismissed.

Firing Casey and replacing with a COMPETENT coach will do a lot for the team.

However, you're right, this team does need more talent especially at the SF/PF spots.

The only way to get it is draft, free agency, or trade. Finding those pieces at the 20th pick is extremely rare and will take at least another 1-2 seasons of KL and DD prime to bear fruit. Free agency is not going to happen this year and if it does then you need to say good bye to Amir, Lou, Hans. Trade is possible but the only assets the Raptors have to bring in a difference maker while keeping the core is draft picks - and even those are not THAT valuable. To get that SF/PF in trade you need to include Lowry (but then you have no PG) or you trade JV (then you have no C) or you trade DD.

I'm just not seeing how a quite little 'retool' makes this team a contender. Anyone who voted 'retool' want to enlighten me? I am just not seeing how it is actually possible under the CBA.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

The only way to get it is draft, free agency, or trade. Finding those pieces at the 20th pick is extremely rare and will take at least another 1-2 seasons of KL and DD prime to bear fruit. Free agency is not going to happen this year and if it does then you need to say good bye to Amir, Lou, Hans. Trade is possible but the only assets the Raptors have to bring in a difference maker while keeping the core is draft picks - and even those are not THAT valuable. To get that SF/PF in trade you need to include Lowry (but then you have no PG) or you trade JV (then you have no C) or you trade DD.

Reading your posts, you have always defended MU and said we have the flexibility for making moves in 2015.
                    Then how come we can not go after FA then ??
                    What happened to all those flexibility that MU tried to keep for us during the past 2 years ?

Do you really think we need to sign Lou and Hans and are they that important to this team success and making the next step?

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      Reading your posts, you have always defended MU and said we have the flexibility for making moves in 2015.
                      Then how come we can not go after FA then ??
                      What happened to all those flexibility that MU tried to keep for us during the past 2 years ?

Do you really think we need to sign Lou and Hans and are they that important to this team success and making the next step?
                      Are you even reading?

It is easy to talk about, it is easy to sum it up when you just talk about getting more role players. We sitting here, I'm supposed to be talking about getting TALENT, and we in here talking about more mid-level players. I mean listen, we talkin bout TALENT. Not a role player, not a role player, not a role player. We are talking bout TALENT. Not a role player, not a, not a, not the role player that we sit here and watch set a screen, and get the odd rebound. Not the role player. We talkin' bout TALENT, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout TALENT. I know I'm supposed to be here, I know I'm supposed be happy with 49 wins and a playoff appearance. I know that, and I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it doesn't mean anything given this franchise's sad history. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talking bout TALENT, man. What are we talkin' bout? Role players? We talkin' bout TALENT man. We talk... We talking bout TALENT. We talking bout TALENT. We ain't talking bout role players, we talkin' bout TALENT, man. When you come into the arena or watch on your TV, and you see TALENT play on the opposing team, and then you see Raptor role players play, don't you? You see Raptors don't have TALENT, right? But we talking bout TALENT right now. We talkin' bout TALENT. (crowd laughs) Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout TALENT man. We not even talkin' bout the role players, the actual TALENT, when it matters versus the best and in the playoffs. We talkin' bout TALENT.

Comment

Who would be the best coach if we want to tank ?

Comment

"Retooling" is exactly something colangelo would have done.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            "Retooling" is exactly something colangelo would have done.
                            Yes. Wow. Great call.

What many here are talking about is going all in on JO or Turk and thinking the rest of the team is just missing that one piece.

Oh man, that is a sickening thought.

Comment

Knowing MU, I think he will tank. This will be the least riskiest move that he can make and will give him at least 2-3 years more. Moving star players like Lowry and DD is something that he has experience with and can easily do. The more I think about this, the more I am convince that we are moving both KL, DD and going full tank next year.

Comment

I don't want to tank

I don't want the team I cheer for to lose on purpose.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X