No announcement yet.

Potential final games with this core...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential final games with this core...

I'm feeling kinda bittersweet about the last one or two games of the season here. I think the extent to which we've gotten manhandled by Washington pretty-much guarantees that Ujiri will need to make major changes to the team in the offseason, and for literally every member of the team, there's a possibility that this is the last time they wear a Raptors jersey. And change is exciting... I'm excited to see what Ujiri is going to do this offseason when he's got pretty-much full license to do anything he wants with this roster.
    At the same time I like all of these guys, and when guys are traded or not resigned, I'll be a bit sad to see them go. Especially since pretty-much all of these guys like being Raptors, like the team, like the city, and are very clearly proud to be Toronto Raptors. It seems very possible we may be watching the last Raptors game for Amir, for example, who's worn his love for his team and his city on his sleeve as much as any player in the team's history. And who knows who else? They're in an awful position right now: on a personal level, each of them probably knowing that their play has potentially had a role in costing their coach his job, they may have played themselves off this team, and in the coming months their career as a Toronto Raptor may end, and yet they've still got to go out there and play as though they can win this series.
    I'm not suggesting anyone should feel pity for these guys; they're professional athletes, getting paid ridiculous amounts of money, living an amazing life. But I'll be watching the remainder of this series with a bit of a different attitude, I'm going to put aside all my frustration with the way they've been playing of late, and appreciate the amount of effort they've given to this team over the last few years. This has been, at times, a very fun core of guys to watch over the last couple years, filled with a bunch of very likeable people, at least in my opinion. They've represented the team well, they've made the team more relevant in the league, in Toronto, and in Canada than it has been for a very long time.
    Anyway, we're probably all approaching these last few games with different emotions, just wanted to share this moment of reflection.

This is a good point. Regardless of how certain guys frustrate us or if we want changes, this was a group that was among the best and certainly among my favourites as Raptors.

I don't know who stays and goes but there was a 12 month period where it was super fun and for a couple of these guys DeMar and Amir especially, we got to see them grow up and become much better players and see the best moments of their career.

Comment

I don't think the core will change too much. I see the following guys stay:

Kyle
      Demar
      Val
      PPat

MU will probably make a big change in terms of our bench and the 3/4 positions.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post

Kyle
        Demar
        Val
        PPat

I also suspect he will try to re-sign Lou and JJ . A new coach could better utilize JJ's talent.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          I also suspect he will try to re-sign Lou and JJ . A new coach could better utilize JJ's talent.
          JJ is still under contract for another year

but as for re-signing Lou,

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            No chance Lou is back imo. He's going to make bank and this team is too bad defensively to justify paying him what is going to be an enormous salary.

Comment

We will have a lot of money and a lot of holes to fill this off season.
              I'd like to see Amir back for all the reasons you mentioned. But I think we go after Tristan Thompson.
              Masai has his work cut out for him that's for sure.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post

Kyle
                Demar
                Val
                PPat

I'm out on him

Comment

To start an upgrade at PF and a useable Vet or two.. I like Lou but he will be expensive and we need to start building a team with an identity, so throw the money elsewhere. PF and Vet.. Masai took too long evaluating players.

Comment

That is actually great. Anyone who knows even little bit about Ball knew from the summer that this team does not have enough TALENTS. There were obvious holes in SF, PF and starting C.

I hope this is the last game for this group of guys and I hope MU finally stop procrastinating and start to get us some real talent.

Comment

I'll miss Amir the most if he doesn't come back.. Too bad we wasted his best years covering for Bargnani.

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
                        I'm out on him
                        Why? He had an injury plagued season. Something for sure is going on with his elbow (he hurt it in the Portland game I recall) and then the back and shin issues.

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
                          I'm out on him
                          yeah he struggled, yeah he shat the bed in this series, but he is the heart and soul of this team, our all star starter. Don't forget what he was capable of doing when he was fully healthy, this is the injury riddled lowry shittting the bed right now.

Comment

I'm really hoping Amir comes back as a backup. Yes, he's no longer starter material but he's still decent. I've seen him improve and work on his game. He started of as a foul-out machine backing up Bosh, then Bargs, to being one of the leaders of this team. And he's the main guy that has openly shown love for our city and country.

On top of my wish list would be Tristan Thompson. Not only cuz he's Canadian, but he will solve our rebounding woes. He's like a young Amir with much lower mileage, and has been a thorn on the boards whenever we play the Cavs. He just rejected an extension from the Cavs and was pissed when they got both Kevin Love and then Mozgov.

2nd would be Kate Middleton who would be a better replacement for TRoss, as Ross has tremendously regressed on both ends. 3rd would be a true backup point guard, similar to when we had Nando last year. No more guard chuckers please.

Comment

Amir gave all he had to this team and even with one ankle he was the best big man for this team in this play offs.

Comment

Working...
                              X