Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you willing to trade Big Val for any of the top 4 picks in this year's draft ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Who are the 5 IDIOTS that voted no??

Like honestly, you really think JV will be better than Towns, Russell, Okafor and Winslow?? smfh.

This is why i can't some of you here seriously. HOMERISM through the roof specially when it comes to The Big Stiff.

I remember 2 years ago i made a joke here about trading Lowry and Ross for Wall. This was after we play the Wiz and Wall played arguably his worst game of his career. Obviously no way the Wiz would do that trade. But surprisingly i got a bunch of 'no' answers LOL. Hell, i remember a few posters saying they wouldn't even trade Ross for Wall!!

I'm not gonna name names but you know who you are
    Towns, Russell, and Winslow for sure have high potential, higher than JV's but I can't see Okafor. Okafor might end up like Al Jefferson but in today's NBA, I'm not entirely sure that's a great thing to have.

Comment

Like honestly, you really think JV will be better than Towns, Russell, Okafor and Winslow?? smfh.

This is why i can't some of you here seriously. HOMERISM through the roof specially when it comes to The Big Stiff.

I remember 2 years ago i made a joke here about trading Lowry and Ross for Wall. This was after we play the Wiz and Wall played arguably his worst game of his career. Obviously no way the Wiz would do that trade. But surprisingly i got a bunch of 'no' answers LOL. Hell, i remember a few posters saying they wouldn't even trade Ross for Wall!!

Yeah because picks never bust.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Towns, Russell, and Winslow for sure have high potential, higher than JV's but I can't see Okafor. Okafor might end up like Al Jefferson but in today's NBA, I'm not entirely sure that's a great thing to have.
        Why? Jefferson is a stud. He's one of the best low post/offensive big man in the game right now. He's a double-double machine too.

The only knock on Big Al is his inability to stay healthy.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

If we got a top 4 pick back for JV it would be a steal, so I would do it in a heartbeat, and we even should consider moving him for the right price

Comment

Why? Jefferson is a stud. He's one of the best low post/offensive big man in the game right now. He's a double-double machine too.

He's also a negative on defence. Jefferson's also never had any real success in leading a team deep into the playoffs. He's never gotten further than the first round. (EDIT: he's also already 30) Again, Towns? Russell? Winslow? Willing to fire away for them, but Okafor? Not so much.

EDIT: When I said a guy like Jefferson doesn't fit into today's NBA, I'm talking about the new pace and space era as a lot of people are naming it. Does a guy like Jefferson fit in this era? Well, you're already seeing Charlotte struggle with it. A lot of top centres are literally guys who just dive to the rim on offense and protect the rim on defense, you're getting articles on Gobert, John Henson, DeAndre Jordan. NONE of those guys have any hint of a post game, yet, they're being hailed as high-potential players who can fit on your club. And if not them? Look at the Gasol brothers, good post players, very good passing, decent to very good defence. The point is, it seems your centre position needs to be filled with a player who's good on both ends, not one end - especially if that end is the offensive end.

*also, for what it's worth raps999 is right about busts. Picks bust. We already have a guy who might become quite good if you develop him. Will he become a superstar? Probably not. But none of these guys are surefire superstars either.
            Last edited by Mindlessness; Sun Apr 26, 2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I say trade T-Ross, JV, 20th, our two first rounders for next year for Demarcus Cousins, and Stauskas

Comment

He's also a negative on defence. Jefferson's also never had any real success in leading a team deep into the playoffs. He's never gotten further than the first round. (EDIT: he's also already 30) Again, Towns? Russell? Winslow? Willing to fire away for them, but Okafor? Not so much.

EDIT: When I said a guy like Jefferson doesn't fit into today's NBA, I'm talking about the new pace and space era as a lot of people are naming it. Does a guy like Jefferson fit in this era? Well, you're already seeing Charlotte struggle with it. A lot of top centres are literally guys who just dive to the rim on offense and protect the rim on defense, you're getting articles on Gobert, John Henson, DeAndre Jordan. NONE of those guys have any hint of a post game, yet, they're being hailed as high-potential players who can fit on your club. And if not them? Look at the Gasol brothers, good post players, very good passing, decent to very good defence. The point is, it seems your centre position needs to be filled with a player who's good on both ends, not one end - especially if that end is the offensive end.

*also, for what it's worth raps999 is right about busts. Picks bust. We already have a guy who might become quite good if you develop him. Will he become a superstar? Probably not. But none of these guys are surefire superstars either.

But big all cant stay healthy so that ends it right there.

Comment

That's not all on Jefferson though. Look at his previous teams - Boston(treadmill team), Minnesota(lottery team), Utah(lottery team) and now Charlotte(treadmill team). Who's the best player he's played with? Millsap? Kemba?

You put him on a legit playoff team, a team w/ with some talent and i guarantee he'd be in the 'best big man' conversation. We wouldn't even have this convo about him not having any playoff success.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's not all on Jefferson though. Look at his previous teams - Boston(treadmill team), Minnesota(lottery team), Utah(lottery team) and now Charlotte(treadmill team). Who's the best player he's played with? Millsap? Kemba?

You put him on a legit playoff team, a team w/ with some talent and i guarantee he'd be in the 'best big man' conversation. We wouldn't even have this convo about him not having any playoff success.
                    I guess I just disagree. I agree on Towns, Winslow, and Russell. But I can't do JV for Okafor.

Comment

He also lacks the same thing you knock jv for. He's a stiff on the defensive end.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

From what I am seeing in game 4. Get rid of the whole bunch. If they had not had a great first half, they would have not made the playoffs. Lowry, Val and Gravis have to go

Fire Casey he can't coach a defense. So many blow by's
                        Last edited by Profster; Sun Apr 26, 2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

LMAOO and who still think JV will end up being better than Andre Drummond????

We'll be lucky to even get multiple first rounder for this guy, I understand slow development but sheesh man.

Comment

y'all crazy.

JV is the most efficient player on this team, even with his average mpg/usg% from casey.

Comment

JV looked to have plateaued this year.... he's a gamble. Tough call for MU.

Comment

Working...
                                X