Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you willing to trade Big Val for any of the top 4 picks in this year's draft ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    And lol at you guys that wouldn't trade Jv for okafor.

He's only 19 and is a great finisher, good in post up situations, and gobbles up offensive boards like their nothing. His only knock is his defence but he has the potential to be a great defender. He has a bruno like wingspan, huge hands and is really strong. His weakness on defence has a lot to do with effort really
    What are you talking about?

Okafor is a bad defensive rebounder and offers zero rim protection

He has similar problems on defense just like JV

He's AL Jefferson 2.0
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I've also seen it written that he isn't supposed to be passed the ball unless he's established deep in the paint. So who knows what the f@$& is really going on.
      That's only for postups and rightfully so. Jonas shouldn't be getting the ball at the three point line like he had. It puts him and the team in a disadvantage because it either leads to a running hook from the free throw line or end of clock contested long two.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

That's only for postups and rightfully so. Jonas shouldn't be getting the ball at the three point line like he had. It puts him and the team in a disadvantage because it either leads to a running hook from the free throw line or end of clock contested long two.
        "So Jonas...unless you have deep post position, you are NOT to be passed the ball...but you know what, if for whatever reason you are, shoot away! Seriously, we believe in you!

(But guys, really try and only pass it to him when he's super deep in the post.)

What Jonas? No, we weren't talking about you.

(For real guys. Only deep in the post)."
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          What are you talking about?

Okafor is a bad defensive rebounder and offers zero rim protection

He has similar problems on defense just like JV

He's AL Jefferson 2.0
          Jefferson doesnt have the physical tools okafor does.

I cant believe the jv fan boys dont want to trade jv for a consensus top 2 pick. I love jv but i dont even think hes THAT good

Lets say jv was still in europe and entered the draft. Do you guys think he would be a number one pick in this years draft. I dont.

Comment

Val is no slower than he was on draft night when everyone(you all and the media) praised Colangelo for the pick. He's also only 22 and has improved each year.

Anyone remember Jorge Garbajosa? Everyone said he was too slow for NBA defense and he actually turned out to be pretty damn good. Defensive is more about intelligence and experience.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              18 ppg, 48% shooting and an 18.8 PER against grown men. Why ew?

I was totally digging the numbers until I saw he was playing in China ... there a prep teams in the states that could compete in the CBA.

Comment

Jefferson doesnt have the physical tools okafor does.

I cant believe the jv fan boys dont want to trade jv for a consensus top 2 pick. I love jv but i dont even think hes THAT good

Lets say jv was still in europe and entered the draft. Do you guys think he would be a number one pick in this years draft. I dont.
                Consensus #2 picks in recent years:

2014 - Parker - injury, jury out
                2013 - Oladipo - good player, has not shown STAR potential
                2012 - MKG - great defensive stopper, has not shown STAR potential
                2011 - Derrick Williams - BUST
                2010 - Evan Turner - role player
                2009 - Thabeet - BUST
                2008 - Beasley - BUST
                2007 - KD - generational talent

You have 1 all NBA talent, 3 busts, 2 role players, 1 starter, and 1 still unknown.

I'm not liking those odds when JV is still just 22 and capable of a double double every night.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Val is no slower than he was on draft night when everyone(you all and the media) praised Colangelo for the pick. He's also only 22 and has improved each year.

Anyone remember Jorge Garbajosa? Everyone said he was too slow for NBA defense and he actually turned out to be pretty damn good. Defensive is more about intelligence and experience, and you need not look any further than guys like Dennis Rodman and Bruce Bowen.

I don't remember the media praising Colangelo for that pick. I heard lots of dipshits talk about "another euro?!!?!"

I agree with you about Garbajosa, how crazy is it that we still haven't had a SF as good as him?
                  Last edited by KHD; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

And lol at you guys that wouldn't trade Jv for okafor.

He's only 19 and is a great finisher, good in post up situations, and gobbles up offensive boards like their nothing. His only knock is his defence but he has the potential to be a great defender. He has a bruno like wingspan, huge hands and is really strong. His weakness on defence has a lot to do with effort really
                    Towns is going to be better than okafor for a team. Maybe okafor will get 20 and 10, but Vucevic does that and nobody cares because he doesn't contribute to winning.

Comment

Val had a lot of good press. Even on draft night he was praised. He was viewed as a high value player for the pick even though it was a high pick. Questions around when he could play is what held him back from going higher.

In here "dipshits" were the minority. Go ahead, take a walk down memory lane if you doubt it.

The Jorge point was to remind everyone that athleticism isn't key to good defense..

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Val had a lot of good press. Even on draft night he was praised. He was viewed as a high value player for the pick even though it was a high pick. Questions around when he could play is what held him back from going higher.

In here "dipshits" were the minority. Go ahead, take a walk down memory lane if you doubt it.

eh, not so much in here but i remember being annoyed with the local media (as usual) for short-sighted and silly comments.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                          eh, not so much in here but i remember being annoyed with the local media (as usual) for short-sighted and silly comments.
                          No one has patience to wait these guys out. The same thing happened with DeRozan.

Big guys always take longer to develop.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            I was totally digging the numbers until I saw he was playing in China ... there a prep teams in the states that could compete in the CBA.
                            Athleticism, size, and court vision all translate well into the NBA. Reason he's still a top 5 projected pick after spending the season in China.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            You really don't think he's shown star potential after what he's done post all star game break?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Consensus #2 picks in recent years:

2014 - Parker - injury, jury out
                              2012 - MKG - great defensive stopper, has not shown STAR potential
                              2011 - Derrick Williams - BUST
                              2010 - Evan Turner - role player
                              2009 - Thabeet - BUST
                              2008 - Beasley - BUST
                              2007 - KD - generational talent

You have 1 all NBA talent, 3 busts, 2 role players, 1 starter, and 1 still unknown.

I'm not liking those odds when JV is still just 22 and capable of a double double every night.
                              Hey man. Your the one who wanted to trade a 23 year old derozan just 2 years ago for a late first round ppick. Dont try to argue with me about busts in the draft. Because therws alot more late round busts than there are early busts.

Jv is not a #1 pick in this draft.

Comment

Hey man. Your the one who wanted to trade a 23 year old derozan just 2 years ago for a late first round ppick. Dont try to argue with me about busts in the draft. Because therws alot more late round busts than there are early busts.

Jv is not a #1 pick in this draft.
                                lol

Who said he was a #1 pick?

Read what I wrote. I don't like the odds.

Did I only value DD as a late first round pick? That doesn't sound right. I'm sure there was a 3 and D type player also attached to that trade as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X