Post-Mortem 2014-2015 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jonzab wrote: View Post
    so excited for this offseason... i knew that this team could not perform in the playoffs... this whole season was a fluke
    I'm not excited for it, until management changes, we're going nowhere.

Comment

jonzab wrote: View Post
      so excited for this offseason... i knew that this team could not perform in the playoffs... this whole season was a fluke
      How did they go 37-17????

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        I'm not excited for it, until management changes, we're going nowhere.
        There's 0% Masai and Jeff get fired this season. This off-season will be the first time they'll get to put a true stamp on this team.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Masai and co vastly overrated the benefits of continuity. If the foundation in terms of talent, structure, and coaching is flawed, then continuation is only going to lead to the same results.

You could see this coming a mile away. It was a lost season with little meaningful development. At this point Masai needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat because with a 20th pick and a number of pieces expiring, the long term outlook for our team is muddy at best.
          Couldn't have said it better. It is amazing the support that MU is getting and how he is getting very little criticism from the fans.

Comment

In Masai we trust.

Masai has already said he doesn't want to be a middling team. Everyone needs to chill out, we were coming off a tough game 7 last year and I think most of us wanted to see if we could take the next step with this team. Obviously not. Expect Masai to make some big moves this offseason.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
              In Masai we trust.

Masai has already said he doesn't want to be a middling team. Everyone needs to chill out, we were coming off a tough game 7 last year and I think most of us wanted to see if we could take the next step with this team. Obviously not. Expect Masai to make some big moves this offseason.
              Masai is all talk and nothing to back it up.

Comment

Masai is all talk and nothing to back it up.
                Your a joke

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Couldn't have said it better. It is amazing the support that MU is getting and how he is getting very little criticism from the fans.
                  Business wise this is how it was and should have been done. We overachieved last year. If you have a product that does well, you do whatever you can to sustain it even though you know it is not perfect. You keep on riding the product and attempt patch fixes here and there hoping it can increase the overall desirability of it. Until the product fails, you don't really tamper with it.

This was the Raptors last season and this season. Now that the product is seen to be horrible to the public, there will be changes and MU will go back to his original plan.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Your a joke
                    F**k Brooklyn, he got owned

I don't give a s**t about washington, he got pwned.

Opponents 2, Masai zippo.

Comment

Forget that's he's made the most pivotal trades in franchise history.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Forget that's he's made the most pivotal trades in franchise history.
                        those 2 trades are going to be like Bargnani's 13 games.

Comment

48 win season when they were supposed to contend for 7-8 spot... 49 win season to follow it up. Both franchise bests.

Fire everyone! Trade everyone!

Ohhhhhhh, he was a little outspoken(just what we all look for btw, contrary to all the cliche garbage spewed day-in day-out by 99% of pro sports athletes/management).

Really curious to know who your answer is at GM and what moves they should make to get to 50 wins plus and a championship next year? You must have an answer...

Comment

Can't wait for Dwayne Casey to get canned. It's the first step to getting better. Masai needs to hire a proven coach who can (1) give this Raptors team an offensive system instead of relying on iso ball, and (2) make this team play defense. I actually don't think (2) is achievable without personnel change. We just don't have good defenders 1 through 5. James Johnson is pretty much the only good defender we have, and maybe Patterson. Amir's ankles means he's got to go. Sorry. We will never be a good team with Kyle, Demar, and Lou being our 1-2-3. None of them are stars and, even worse, none of them are consistent. We can't rely on streakiness. We need a legitimate star who will be that consistent force. Terrence Ross has got to go. He's athletic but he's an idiot and will never be good because you can't fix stupid. We need to hire someone who can teach JV to move his damn feet. Dude is slow as fuck.

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                              Can't wait for Dwayne Casey to get canned. It's the first step to getting better. Masai needs to hire a proven coach who can (1) give this Raptors team an offensive system instead of relying on iso ball, and (2) make this team play defense. I actually don't think (2) is achievable without personnel change. We just don't have good defenders 1 through 5. James Johnson is pretty much the only good defender we have, and maybe Patterson. Amir's ankles means he's got to go. Sorry. We will never be a good team with Kyle, Demar, and Lou being our 1-2-3. None of them are stars and, even worse, none of them are consistent. We can't rely on streakiness. We need a legitimate star who will be that consistent force. Terrence Ross has got to go. He's athletic but he's an idiot and will never be good because you can't fix stupid. We need to hire someone who can teach JV to move his damn feet. Dude is slow as fuck.
                              I don't want a recycled coach though, they seem more likely to fail.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                Last year, he could have gone BC-mode by overpaying a veteran to a long term deal and trading away prospects and future draft picks, but instead brought back our own FAs, signing them to reasonable deals which will give them cap flexibility and didn't give away future assets other than a few 2nd round picks. This off-season will be his biggest test.

Comment

Working...
                                X