No announcement yet.

Rumour: Ujiri Targeting Scott Brooks To Try & Recruit Durant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likely fluff from whomever is using the Hoops Hype Canada account. Perhaps their site traffic numbers are down.

Comment

This would be really insane. Durant wasn't champ with Scott Brooks in charge, even with an insanely better roster than this Raptors one. I would be SHOCKED if Durant leaves OKC, especially if they hire a competent coach now that they fired Brooks. Competent coach + that roster can still equal titles.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        LMAO! Brooks couldn't get thunder to win with KD and westbrook. How's he going to do it with KD and Lowry? This is wishful thinking.
        East is much easier to get through than the West... just sayin.

Comment

Brooks is just as bad as Casey, huge pass. I also don't believe in swinging for the fences for one specific player.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I say enough with recycling old head coaches.

Comment

Signing Brooks to try and get KD would be as bad as signing Fields to try and get Nash. Hire guys on their own merits, not on their connections to other players.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                I say enough with recycling old head coaches.
                So you don't want a new coach with no experience, and you dont want a old coach with experience?

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Signing Brooks to try and get KD would be as bad as signing Fields to try and get Nash. Hire guys on their own merits, not on their connections to other players.
                  Wasn't the Fields/Nash thing purely financial?

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    So you don't want a new coach with no experience, and you dont want a old coach with experience?
                    lol it's all so confusing!!

Comment

There's a difference between a coach who has experience, and a coach who has been fired multiple times. I'd like to see the success rate of using a recycled coach.

I wouldn't mind giving an assistant, former player, or an NCAA coach a chance.

I can name some of the recycled coaches that keep getting fired.
                      Byron Scott
                      Mike Brown
                      Mike Woodson
                      Mike D'Antoni

tell me how they turned out.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        There's a difference between a coach who has experience, and a coach who has been fired multiple times. I'd like to see the success rate of using a recycled coach.

I wouldn't mind giving an assistant, former player, or an NCAA coach a chance.

I can name some of the recycled coaches that keep getting fired.
                        Byron Scott
                        Mike Brown
                        Mike Woodson
                        Mike D'Antoni

tell me how they turned out.
                        Scott brooks is not one of those four names you mentioned though? Nobody here is asking for anyone to hire D'antoni or Mike woodson.

Comment

Scott brooks is not one of those four names you mentioned though? Nobody here is asking for anyone to hire D'antoni or Mike woodson.
                          well, there's gotta be a reason why he was fired.

Comment

nm

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Wasn't the Fields/Nash thing purely financial?
                              Right, I mispoke with the 'connections' part, that applies here but not to Nash/Fields. Should have said 'hire guys on their own merits, not on how you think they might be able to help you acquire other players.'

Comment

Hoops Hype Canada is constantly making stuff up out of thin air. Not the least bit worried.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X