Rumour: Ujiri Targeting Scott Brooks To Try & Recruit Durant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Brooks is just as bad as Casey, huge pass. I also don't believe in swinging for the fences for one specific player.
    I don't particularly want Brooks, but he would still be an upgrade over Casey. Brooks dribble drive-kick offence emphasizes attacking the rim and kicking out for 3 pointers. Better than our current dribble around and hoist scheme.

That said, the source is highly questionable. I made a similar comment (jokingly) in a game thread, perhaps that was the source for the tweet.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Fred Hoiberg for coach (even through his heart problems)

Comment

dr. James naismith wrote: View Post
        take with a grain of salt. Interesting to say the least.

stfu

Comment

Dear god, NO!

Comment

Brooks is a better coach than casey. So why not.

Also his offense would force mu to move some of the shit on this team.

Comment

I have conflicting thoughts. On the one hand, this is a great opportunity to find the perfect coach. But on the other hand, who is the perfect coach? Wouldn't that depend on who our core is? Do we even have a core? I don't see anyone on this roster worth building around (including Jonas and Bruno).

And likes others have mentioned, Brooks may have his flaws, but he's a clear upgrade over Casey. Some time off, or a change of scenery, could afford him the opportunity for some self-reflection and to learn from his past mistakes.

Comment

Albeit this "source" is likely rubbish, I personally have no interest in Brooks. I don't think he's a drastic improvement over Casey. If Casey coached two superstars in KD and Westbrook and a DPOY nominee in Ibaka, I'm sure he'd have success too. Both coaches have their flaws, Casey clearly more then Brooks, but if we're replacing Casey I want someone with tenure. No more first time head coaches for now here in Toronto. We've gone that road way too many times and still look at us.

Comment

If you can even get a meeting with KD by having Brooks here then sign the man. He can be fired if KD looks elsewhere. Not like our current talent level is screaming we have to win now.

Comment

So, we're fine with "upgrading" from a 1/10 coach to a 3/10? How about, you know, actually getting someone good.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      If you can even get a meeting with KD by having Brooks here then sign the man. He can be fired if KD looks elsewhere. Not like our current talent level is screaming we have to win now.
                      Zero chance KD will come to Toronto. Zero.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree, however OKC is in flux right now:
                        -KD injured
                        -Westbrook stepping into the lead role
                        -coach fired
                        -OKC missing the playoffs

If there was ever a time when KD might look else where this would be it. If MU can maybe bring a Marc Gasol to Toronto, or some other star, then all the issues with OKC combined with a star to play with in Toronto might move the scale.

I'm grasping for straws, but we need an upgrade in talent badly. No more marginal upgrades, we need a straight up stud.

Comment

How many grains of salt are we talking about here

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            How many grains of salt are we talking about here
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No. No. No.

OKC fans hate him as much as we hate Casey. We would be seeing the same hero ball. Brooks only looked good because he had Durant and Westbrook.

Also, if Brooks retires from NBA coaching, he'll hold the record for the coach with the best winning percentage that never won a championship.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

How about Ujiri builds a strong foundation and then markets to Durant? If Durant values following around an average coach over setting himself up in the right situation to win championships then he's not the guy I thought he was.

If I'm Durant this Raptors squad does not get me excited and I can spend all the time I need with my buddies after I'm done playing in the finals; I don't care if they have a big head start on the golf season.

Comment

Working...
                                X