Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    exactly, like I said earlier, sign of intelligent life, but moronic for not addressing any of these issues.
    He outright said that he knew during the winning stretch at the beginning of the season, during the games they expected/had to win, that they were winning using an offense that would fail in the playoffs.

Considering that MU had publically set the expectation for this team this season as reaching the 2nd round, saying that the team - players and coaches - would be evaluated by their playoff performance, sticking with an offensive style/strategy that he knew was destined to fail in the playoffs is enough all by itself to warrant his firing.

#FireCasey

#BackToWork

Comment

• I have to say though, this was a lot more entertaining than any of the playoff games.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        He often talked about the fact that he would let the ball-handlers change up the play-call at any time if they had the advantage. That was 100% his choice to not hold the players accountable. And then in February, he admitted that this was happening too much, yet it never really changed even after Casey admitted it had become a problem.
        Hard to say if it's not holding players accountable, because Casey himself eschewed passing. Remember the infamous "... we don't have the personnel to pass" rebuttal, in defiance to being questioned about how sustainable a lack of ball movement offense was going to be? I think that was the Zach Lowe article broadcasting our system flaws to the masses.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          exactly, like I said earlier, sign of intelligent life, but moronic for not addressing any of these issues.
          Well, it's one of two things: either he (a) didn't address the issues; or (b) couldn't get his players to acknowledge the issues and execute his solutions. Either way, you can't keep him. Especially after that playoff debacle.

I just can't imagine he's long for this job.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Well, it's one of two things: either he (a) didn't address the issues; or (b) couldn't get his players to acknowledge the issues and execute his solutions. Either way, you can't keep him. Especially after that playoff debacle.

I just can't imagine he's long for this job.
            Definitely a fail either way. Getting the players to play to a certain scheme is literally the entire job of a coach.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Man, I thought I was watching comedy central with Casey's interview.

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Hard to say if it's not holding players accountable, because Casey himself eschewed passing. Remember the infamous "... we don't have the personnel to pass" rebuttal, in defiance to being questioned about how sustainable a lack of ball movement offense was going to be? I think that was the Zach Lowe article broadcasting our system flaws to the masses.
                  True enough... he's said so many contradictory things this season... anything to deflect the question that he's currently being asked.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    True enough... he's said so many contradictory things this season... anything to deflect the question that he's currently being asked.
                    Random post: I just realized that this is the first time I've ever used the word "eschewed" in a sentence. And in correct context, too!

At least I can thank Dwane Casey for helping to expand my vocabulary. #silverlinings
                    Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

however, the one that did hire Casey and acquired all those guys also trained Ujiri.

another thing, how come re-signing Lowry doesn't count toward Ujiri though? did re-signing Calderon count towards Colangelo or was he still considered one of Babcock's?

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        however, the one that did hire Casey and acquired all those guys also trained Ujiri.

another thing, how come re-signing Lowry doesn't count toward Ujiri though? did re-signing Calderon count towards Colangelo or was he still considered one of Babcock's?
                        I think his time in Denver separates MU from BC. It would be different if he had stayed in Toronto as was simply promoted.

As for your second point, I was thinking the same thing, in that DC & Lowry became MU's guys last offseason.

Comment

• the whole damn team sounds delusional, good lord.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            I'm so confused, Casey is basically calling himself out on everything people have been bitching about all year when he kept defending his shitty offense. He even said they needed to go to JV more and have more of an inside game.

It's like he wants to be fired
                            It's the opposite? It's the last desperate attempt at keeping his job? Thinks maybe if he lists all the ways he's fucked up, showing he's aware of them, he'll get the chance to fix it? I don't know. Can't deal with #Caseylogic

Comment

• SMDH
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

SMDH
                                It's ironic he does exactly what he just said
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X