Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    The offseason (for us) just started and I'm already dying for something to happen.
    Me too. I keep checking the news for updates like every hour.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
      Me too. I keep checking the news for updates like every hour.
      More specifically.. "The Toronto Raptors have relieved Dwane Casey of his coaching duties" news right?

Me Too

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Yes he did. He said it was his fault for not implementing an offensive style/strategy, but that the team started winning and he let the bad habits develop, without trying to fix them:

- too much ISO play
        - pace too fast
        - not feeding the post enough
        - not getting all players touches often enough (he mentioned later that every player should get a touch at least every 2/3 possessions)
        - an offensive system that put pressure on his defense (the offense didn't give players enough time to get back and setup to run their detailed defensive scheme)

It was early in his interview that he said outright that he knew the offensive style/strategy utilized during the early winning streak would fail in the playoffs, for the reasons listed above. However, he did nothing to correct the problem that he knew existed - a problem that would lead to a failure in the playoffs, which is exactly what he and the team were going to be evaluated on (per MU).
        Basically Casey is giving the new head coach a heads up of the crap he screwed up in 2014-15. Good guy

Comment

• I am kinda of shocked on how Jack is endorsing Casey, I know some of the raps good start was our schedule and Lowry playing well but Casey did not make adjustments. It is going to be a interesting and busy offseason for Masai

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            I am kinda of shocked on how Jack is endorsing Casey, I know some of the raps good start was our schedule and Lowry playing well but Casey did not make adjustments. It is going to be a interesting and busy offseason for Masai
            I have to admit, I was shocked too. I thought he'd be a bit more critical. He used to question why certain players weren't being utilized in certain situations. Val.. JJ....

Comment

• Bryan Colangelo spoke too. Listening to it right now.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...eries-1.268199

Comment

• "james johnson probably the most talented guy on our roster (indeed hes the best player we have) but it's impossible to cut out lou's terrance demar's time"

lol......... What the fuck?

What if casey stays guys? im so fucking scared now, he's speaking so confidently about training camp and shit.
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                  people are just pissed at the epic implosion of this team ... and they have every right to be with the way this team went out
                  It truly is inexplicable. No one has yet to be held accountable.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
                    It sounded like Jack wants to see Val, DeRozan and Patterson back. Everyone else is fair game.
                    I agree with this 100%. These are the guys you want back for sure. For the rest, if a good deal comes around, you should do it.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I'd completely agree, if not for DeRozan's looming opt-out clause after next season. Get a hometown discount type extension early, or put him on the trade block too. I like Patterson too, but as a backup PF making $6M+, I wouldn't mind cashing him in either. JV, largely due to his age and contract status, is the only player I'd prefer back; but still, make me an offer...
                      Maybe it's time for MU to test the market re DD. He probably has the most value. JVG loves DD and that could be a factor if MU makes a run at JVG.

Comment

• Casey acknowledged pretty much everything we've been harping him about... Shows that he knows what should've been done and what needed to be done. He's actually a really smart coach, and as much as I think his rotations and defense, and basically everything else you require from a coach were shit, here's my take (and I don't want to snitch on my source but let's just say this isn't entirely speculation)

Kyle Lowry was running this team. And Dwayne casey knew that he needed to appease this temperamental asshole, so that he could play his best basketball (like he did last year after the trade, when casey told him it was his team).

Now Lowry took this too far and started calling all the shots, ignoring the offense, defense, his teammates and general team philosophies.

This gave other players in his clique (Demar, Lou, GV) leeway to jam up shots and play shit D.

Lowry also didn't trust JV, and he made that quite clear to Case, which is why he almost never played 4th quarters and never got touches.

During that tough Western road trip, JJ called Lowry out for not sticking to the team philosophy, Casey stood up for Lowry and then JJ called him out for double standards and not holding some guys accountable.

At that point the locker room was pretty much in shambles, the smarter role guys (PPat, Amir, JV, Landry, etc.) couldn't trust the coach to stick up for them when it mattered, and the "Swag crew" (DD, Kyle, GV, Lou, led by Lowry) basically took that as a green light to play however they wanted to/felt like.

That's pretty much where the collapse came from, Casey tending to the dormant volcano that is Kyle Lowry, trying to keep to from erupting, and thereby giving him free reign to do whatever he so pleased (I.e. Shit all over Casey and the team) and he encouraged his buddies to do the same.

My opinion:

Kyle needs to go, and we need a mature veteran voice in the locker room (Pierce, Garnett, Gasol, Noah, etc.) that will set shit straight and hold guys accountable for their shit. We don't necessarily need to fire Casey, but give him encouragement to be better (although some of the guys might find it hard to trust him and play for him again after what happened.)
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Casey acknowledged pretty much everything we've been harping him about... Shows that he knows what should've been done and what needed to be done. He's actually a really smart coach, and as much as I think his rotations and defense, and basically everything else you require from a coach were shit, here's my take (and I don't want to snitch on my source but let's just say this isn't entirely speculation)

Kyle Lowry was running this team. And Dwayne casey knew that he needed to appease this temperamental asshole, so that he could play his best basketball (like he did last year after the trade, when casey told him it was his team).

Now Lowry took this too far and started calling all the shots, ignoring the offense, defense, his teammates and general team philosophies.

This gave other players in his clique (Demar, Lou, GV) leeway to jam up shots and play shit D.

Lowry also didn't trust JV, and he made that quite clear to Case, which is why he almost never played 4th quarters and never got touches.

During that tough Western road trip, JJ called Lowry out for not sticking to the team philosophy, Casey stood up for Lowry and then JJ called him out for double standards and not holding some guys accountable.

At that point the locker room was pretty much in shambles, the smarter role guys (PPat, Amir, JV, Landry, etc.) couldn't trust the coach to stick up for them when it mattered, and the "Swag crew" (DD, Kyle, GV, Lou, led by Lowry) basically took that as a green light to play however they wanted to/felt like.

That's pretty much where the collapse came from, Casey tending to the dormant volcano that is Kyle Lowry, trying to keep to from erupting, and thereby giving him free reign to do whatever he so pleased (I.e. Shit all over Casey and the team) and he encouraged his buddies to do the same.

My opinion:

Kyle needs to go, and we need a mature veteran voice in the locker room (Pierce, Garnett, Gasol, Noah, etc.) that will set shit straight and hold guys accountable for their shit. We don't necessarily need to fire Casey, but give him encouragement to be better (although some of the guys might find it hard to trust him and play for him again after what happened.)
                          If this is true, then what effect will trading Kyle have on the remaining "swag crew", or more specifically Derozan, as he is the only one of the bunch I'd like to see return? If DD can't handle a Lowry trade, and subsequently be willing to defer to a new coach, then he may need to be moved as well.

And how reliable is your source? Is this for real or what?

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            Casey acknowledged pretty much everything we've been harping him about... Shows that he knows what should've been done and what needed to be done. He's actually a really smart coach, and as much as I think his rotations and defense, and basically everything else you require from a coach were shit, here's my take (and I don't want to snitch on my source but let's just say this isn't entirely speculation)

My opinion:

No Casey has to go. Outside a couple month the Raptors have been awful with him as HC. Every year player become inefficient chuckers with no offense in place. Defense has always been erratic and team never looks prepared. This isn't a one year issue

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Now now now.

Weren't you telling me I was too negative a short time ago?

Snap out of that GLF!

You have until training camp to be positive and, maybe even, happy?

Now, if Casey is brought back and this team is brought back largely the same, I'll be on hold right there with you on the Crisis Hotline.
                              What's that number?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                If this is true, then what effect will trading Kyle have on the remaining "swag crew", or more specifically Derozan, as he is the only one of the bunch I'd like to see return? If DD can't handle a Lowry trade, and subsequently be willing to defer to a new coach, then he may need to be moved as well.

And how reliable is your source? Is this for real or what?
                                Demar's personality is not one of natural born charismatic leader. He's more like a right-hand man kind of guy. So if Kyle is traded and that makes the team better and (more importantly) brings in a true, vocal, veteran leader (preferably one who has "it"). I think of it gets disbanded and you give these guys a true leader to look up to, it shouldn't have too negative an effect.

It's a pretty reliable source, close enough to the org and staff that I don't want to say too much and get em in trouble. I completely believe it though, just from the proximity to the events and from the what I have seen of the players' and Casey's personalities
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X