Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources say D-League team in GTA for next year is the goal but far from a certainty. Makes sense, since Masaihad been making that clear.

— Ryan Wolstat(@WolstatSun) May 27, 2015
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Selfishly I'm hoping for Hamilton. Close by and there's already a...run down coliseum for them to play in. lol

I can't see him stretching the term "Toronto area" to a city across the border tough. I understand the financial and logistical benefits of it. But if it's going to be Toronto's exclusive D League team it would be more beneficial for the Raptors brand to keep it in Canada. I know that should be separate from player development but nothing wrong with killing two birds with one stone. The Marlies are a big draw aren't they? Raptors are aiming to be on the Leafs level (and in certain demos already are I think).
      The lowest paid guy on the Marlies makes more than twice as much as the highest paid non NBA contract dleague player. That's the real difference. The vast majority of your dleague team will be non NBA contract guys, and they'd be getting screwed pretty hard by paying Canadian and Ontario taxes as opposed to US taxes. Same applies for all the teams having to travel to Canada for games. It's not impossible, but I find it much more likely the team ends up in the US but still "close" to Toronto.

Maybe there is some clause for foreign dleague teams to pay a bit more to cover the difference? Would make sense if they thought of Canadian expansion as a possibility.

Comment

• I'd like it if the starting five were compromised entrirely of our 12, 13, 14, and 15th man along with a few guys we draft in the second and tell to play there a year or two.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I'd like it if the starting five were compromised entrirely of our 12, 13, 14, and 15th man along with a few guys we draft in the second and tell to play there a year or two.
          You'd have to assume Bruno and Daniels would be there. Not sure about Bebe yet, we may need him as the backup center. We don't have our second round pick this year, so we could potentially send the 20th pick to dleague, along with whatever undrafted free agents we use to fill out our roster, assuming we go that route instead of a guy like steamer who you can't send down because he's been in the league too long.

Comment

• I think Noguiera gets minutes this year... can't see how you go from defensive player of the year in the ACB and can't even get five minutes here
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think Noguiera gets minutes this year... can't see how you go from defensive player of the year in the ACB and can't even get five minutes here
              Because we had a massive shot blocking backup center in Hansbrough......

Comment

I think Noguiera gets minutes this year... can't see how you go from defensive player of the year in the ACB and can't even get five minutes here
                Hi!
                We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• If they do get it in Toronto, or around here at all, that would be quite a feat. But great news that it looks to be happening immediately.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Definitely good news in an otherwise down start to the offseason. Honestly don't care where it is located, but am excited for name/logo. Something new is always exciting.

I wouldn't mind a name that is loosely associated with Raptors but not directly. More
                    along the lines of hunter or pack than directly to dinosaurs. They should have some relation though so that fans associate the D-League team with the NBA team.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• what's the over/under on this happening? Does Tim know something we don't or will he be so far our the door to notice when it doesn't materialize this year?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        what's the over/under on this happening? Does Tim know something we don't or will he be so far our the door to notice when it doesn't materialize this year?
                        Id figure it's safe to say there's a lot Leiweke knows that we don't know.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Id figure it's safe to say there's a lot Leiweke knows that we don't know.

Comment

Working...
                          X