Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    No Casey has to go. Outside a couple month the Raptors have been awful with him as HC. Every year player become inefficient chuckers with no offense in place. Defense has always been erratic and team never looks prepared. This isn't a one year issue
    I agree, he's gotta go, but I don't put this season solely on him...
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Casey acknowledged pretty much everything we've been harping him about... Shows that he knows what should've been done and what needed to be done. He's actually a really smart coach, and as much as I think his rotations and defense, and basically everything else you require from a coach were shit, here's my take (and I don't want to snitch on my source but let's just say this isn't entirely speculation)

Kyle Lowry was running this team. And Dwayne casey knew that he needed to appease this temperamental asshole, so that he could play his best basketball (like he did last year after the trade, when casey told him it was his team).

Now Lowry took this too far and started calling all the shots, ignoring the offense, defense, his teammates and general team philosophies.

This gave other players in his clique (Demar, Lou, GV) leeway to jam up shots and play shit D.

Lowry also didn't trust JV, and he made that quite clear to Case, which is why he almost never played 4th quarters and never got touches.

During that tough Western road trip, JJ called Lowry out for not sticking to the team philosophy, Casey stood up for Lowry and then JJ called him out for double standards and not holding some guys accountable.

At that point the locker room was pretty much in shambles, the smarter role guys (PPat, Amir, JV, Landry, etc.) couldn't trust the coach to stick up for them when it mattered, and the "Swag crew" (DD, Kyle, GV, Lou, led by Lowry) basically took that as a green light to play however they wanted to/felt like.

That's pretty much where the collapse came from, Casey tending to the dormant volcano that is Kyle Lowry, trying to keep to from erupting, and thereby giving him free reign to do whatever he so pleased (I.e. Shit all over Casey and the team) and he encouraged his buddies to do the same.

My opinion:

Kyle needs to go, and we need a mature veteran voice in the locker room (Pierce, Garnett, Gasol, Noah, etc.) that will set shit straight and hold guys accountable for their shit. We don't necessarily need to fire Casey, but give him encouragement to be better (although some of the guys might find it hard to trust him and play for him again after what happened.)

So, to sum it:

Kyle Lowry is a tyrant, a despicable controlling monster holding this team hostage. He scares Dwane Casey, making him unable to coach effectively, otherwise he'd be a brilliant tactician. He has a crew of called the swag clique who follow his lead even when they know it hurts the team. They all said screw defense and lets jam up shots, and then pretend it hurts to lose. Lowry banished JV to the bench even though he continually said in interviews "we need JV to win, we need to keep helping him develop, he is huge for us". Lowry banished JJ as well, well actually Casey did but only because he trembled in fear when Kyle and JJ fought.

I'm going to refrain from name calling, but this post may be one of the most absurd, far fetched, ridiculous things I've read.

-Did you not see the whole team including the "hard nosed role players" erupting when Kyle was named to the all star team in HIS living room?
      -Do you honestly believe players would sacrifice what got them wins in order to jack up shots in a "swag crew"
      -Do you not see and read good body language/quotes all season along? If it was really a soap opera fantasy like you're describing, a lot more would have gotten out other than "he's our leader we love the guy"
      And, MOSTLY
      -Are you ACTUALLY defending a coach that you truly believe kowtowed to a 6'0 point guard with little career clout to the point that he made all personnel decisions and scared the guy? If that was the case, wouldn't that make Casey a FAR WORSE coach than we had even imagined??

People really need to take a step back from their bloggin for awhile. We lost, we're middle of the pack in the NBA.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        Casey acknowledged pretty much everything we've been harping him about... Shows that he knows what should've been done and what needed to be done. He's actually a really smart coach, and as much as I think his rotations and defense, and basically everything else you require from a coach were shit, here's my take (and I don't want to snitch on my source but let's just say this isn't entirely speculation)
        Hahahahah this sentence is the best
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

The tank is on!!!!

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                ??

Comment

• Plz tell me this isnt true

If Casey's back jv is done

they dont work together, and i'll rather keep JV
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

"Noooooooooooooooooo!"

Comment

If he stays, i'll probably still watch the games until i get disgusted again, but for sure my heart & optimism won't be in it.

Comment

• There a link to these interviews btw?

And to that DC related tweet... Noooo

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          Plz tell me this isnt true

If Casey's back jv is done

they dont work together, and i'll rather keep JV
                          Caseys defensive system doesn't fit JV... Raptors got to make a decision soon. It's either casey or JV. I just don't see this working out...just ask yourself, how'd you feel paying this kid $15M a year if we keep running same reactionary defensive scheme?

Comment

??
                            #TankTheSeasonForBenSimmons

Comment

I'm this close to giving up on this team. JV is most likely traded this off season.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                #TankTheSeasonForBenSimmons
                                He's a stud.. can't wait to see him in college and NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X