Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry if you guys expected a official report by Masai. LOL
    To be fair some teams have already been making changes and publicaly setting new directions. There could easily have been more to this press conference, but evidently there's still a secret plan we're not allowed to know about. Hush hush.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The only glimmer of hope re DC is maybe , just maybe , MU is waiting for Thibs to become available. If DC returns GLF is right. We're screwed.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I dunno why people think he should do anything other than keep his cards close to the vest.

He's the GM, playing poker against 29 other GMs. I get that everybody wants news and a concrete plan given to them yesterday, but it would behoove Masai to say a whole lot of nothing at pressers.

You and I don't need to know a thing, because we don't work for the team.
        I agree with you. I'm just saying, Colangelo used to get criticized a lot by the media and fans for his salesman like approach, for keeping his cards close to the vest. Now Masai is doing the EXACT same thing and it's ok?

Colangelo's fav words - 'process' and 'building' how many times did Masai used those words today? lol. Like i said very Colangelo-esque.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The long-haul?????

Ujiri, you do know our chances of getting Durant are not that high, right?

I mean, you have a few ideal SF targets right now in UFA/RFA, plus a up-and-comer. Staying put is never the answer. Look at what happened at the trade deadline. We went downhill from there this year, and you know it. YOU KNOW THIS. WHY ARE YOU NOT CHANGING ANYTHING?????? WHY????
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Bryan Colangelo used to do the same damn thing and we saw where that got us. I want results. I'm tired of the whole saying a lot without really saying anything. He barely answered any of the questions and he looks like he's going to keep Casey. That's all I need to hear. If Casey is here this franchise is going no where.
            TRex wrote: View Post
            I agree with you. I'm just saying, Colangelo used to get criticized a lot by the media and fans for his salesman like approach, for keeping his cards close to the vest. Now Masai is doing the EXACT same thing and it's ok?

Colangelo's fav words - 'process' and 'building' how many times did Masai used those words today? lol. Like i said very Colangelo-esque.
            People seem to be confusing "talking like Colangelo" with "managing like Colangelo"

I don't care what he says or does in press conferences. As long as he doesn't trade and sign like BC did. I don't see any indications of that being the case.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              The long-haul?????

Ujiri, you do know our chances of getting Durant are not that high, right?

I mean, you have a few ideal SF targets right now in UFA/RFA, plus a up-and-comer. Staying put is never the answer. Look at what happened at the trade deadline. We went downhill from there this year, and you know it. YOU KNOW THIS. WHY ARE YOU NOT CHANGING ANYTHING?????? WHY????

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

BC did not keep his cards close to his vest. Most of the time you knew what move was coming, even if just in a vague sense.

As KeonClark says, people seem to be confusing talking like BC and managing like BC. Pretty much all GMs talk like this. It's just the nature of being in that type of position.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  BC did not keep his cards close to his vest. Most of the time you knew what move was coming, even if just in a vague sense.

As KeonClark says, people seem to be confusing talking like BC and managing like BC. Pretty much all GMs talk like this. It's just the nature of being in that type of position.
                  There's also a big difference between wanting him to share his plans and actually expecting him to do so. I keep waiting for the invitation to a RR-only briefing, but today was pretty much what I expected, even if it leaves me - as an armchair GM - disappointed.

On the flip side, he did a great job of propping up the coach and key players, which would serve to benefit him whether he wants to keep them or trade them. If we each want particular personnel gone, the best thing MU could possible do today is to inflate their perceived value.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    Masai has until trade deadline 2016 to get this sorted, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid anymore.

As for Casey, unless there's some compelling stuff going on behind the scenes, why bring him back. Your logic sounds a lot like this:

Step 1: Give Casey enough rope to hang himself.

Step 2: Give him less rope.

How does that make sense? The only reason you keep Casey, is you have your mind set on a specific coach that may not be 100% available atm, but you believe will be available in the near future *cough* thibs *cough*. Masai has had two years of Casey. That should be enough to know he's not your guy.
                    It might not be bulletproof logic, but we also don't know what Masai's approach is, especially in regards to coaches.

He's inherited two coaches so far in his young (people need to remember this) career as a GM. Maybe he doesn't know what type of coach he wants, or perhaps more specifically, what kind of work dynamic can work best (which is obviously also dependent on the coach's personality).

I can't imagine having a dynamic with Karl where you can influence coaching decisions through exchanging ideas and opinions. It seems like part of the reason Karl was let go was because he wasn't in tune with the front office.

And maybe Masai thought that could be the best way. Let the coach coach and he'll take care of managing. Now maybe he's unsure of that, and willing to try and develop a more synergistic approach. It's not like we have a great idea of what model works best. Pop runs the show in San Antonio, but I can't imagine he wouldn't take input from Buford to try and improve things (but again, do we have a clue?). Maybe he thinks he has a chance to try that with Casey this year...I don't know.

And maybe that's all bullshit. Maybe you're right and he's just keeping him because his guy isn't out there at the moment so why bother making a change? Maybe his guy is out there, but it's only been 2 days since the season ended and it will just take longer for the situation to play out...can't imagine he's talked to all the players, coaches, scouts and whatever other staff, so he probably won't make any changes at the least until that's done.

I still hope Casey is gone sometime very soon.

Comment

• Just coming up to speed.. didn't hear the press conference but from what I'm seeing.. MU did not fire Casey nor explicitly say that he's back.. uh oh.. that probably means he's back. #fireMasai?

He didn't throw any players under the Bus.. cool

We'll be getting a D-League team.. not sure if its this year or next.. cooler

And Masai didn't talk much about what his plans are... but he looks to be building for 2016. Unless he knows something I don't.. I'd be shocked if KD even sniffs at Toronto. We just got our asses handed to us by his home town team.. who by the way will also have the dough to sign KD if they want.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Just coming up to speed.. didn't hear the press conference but from what I'm seeing.. MU did not fire Casey nor explicitly say that he's back.. uh oh.. that probably means he's back. #fireMasai?

He didn't throw any players under the Bus.. cool

We'll be getting a D-League team.. not sure if its this year or next.. cooler

And Masai didn't talk much about what his plans are... but he looks to be building for 2016. Unless he knows something I don't.. I'd be shocked if KD even sniffs at Toronto. We just got our asses handed to us by his home town team.. who by the way will also have the dough to sign KD if they want.
                        I think the beauty of 2016 is theres a lot of game changing free agents, coinciding with Valanciunas hopefully being a 18-10 beast and Bruno ready to be everything Terrence Ross was not - a 3&D athletic beast.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I think the beauty of 2016 is theres a lot of game changing free agents, coinciding with Valanciunas hopefully being a 18-10 beast and Bruno ready to be everything Terrence Ross was not - a 3&D athletic beast.
                          Unfortunately practically everyone is going to have major capspace in 2016 due to the cap rising. So while there are more free agents, there will be more competition for their services. How are we going to lure them here if we can't get out of the first round?

We are at a natural disadvantage relative to other markets due to our location, climate, perception of taxes, etc. If we don't make major strides this coming season that capspace isn't going to mean a thing.

And while I'd love for Bruno to blow up, I think it's fairly unlikely that he gives us a meaningful contribution in what would be his rookie season. Especially if Casey is retained. And the same holds true for Val blowing up.

Comment

• Grange had a really good article on why MU will probably keep Casey and why it makes sense.

i don't want Casey here myself, but like i said, he makes some good points.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...a-coach-fired/
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Unfortunately practically everyone is going to have major capspace in 2016 due to the cap rising. So while there are more free agents, there will be more competition for their services. How are we going to lure them here if we can't get out of the first round?

We are at a natural disadvantage relative to other markets due to our location, climate, perception of taxes, etc. If we don't make major strides this coming season that capspace isn't going to mean a thing.

And while I'd love for Bruno to blow up, I think it's fairly unlikely that he gives us a meaningful contribution in what would be his rookie season. Especially if Casey is retained. And the same holds true for Val blowing up.
                              Nicely Said.

I don't care what MU did say today and for the same matter did NOT say today.

Action speaks Louder than words.

2016 dream is pure BS and time to act is NOW !!! 2015 is a time to move and make the changes.

We have a coach that can not work with these group of guys, players that do not compliment each other, personal issues ( SF, PF, back up C, Pass first PG) that need attention now and ...

I don't care if he is talking about 2016 or using D-league to excite the fans or is just hiding his amazing plans for this year.

2015 is time to make the changes and compete.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Grange had a really good article on why MU will probably keep Casey and why it makes sense.

i don't want Casey here myself, but like i said, he makes some good points.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...a-coach-fired/
                                LOOOOL, Where was this guys last September

What a mouth piece ..

Comment

Working...
                                X