TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    JV has been paying under Casey for 3 seasons, only missing the starting lineup 5 times. With 3 seasons of work, Casey still hasn't managed a way to effectively use his skill set on offense or defense. A player's first handful of seasons are absolutely crucial to development. What with limited (and largely insignificant) touches as well as minimal opportunities to close out games, it seems as though JV isn't even being given a chance to grow. Another season (or two..?) under Casey isn't doing fans, Casey or Jonas any good. Win win win all around.
    It's only win win if we get a good trade for him. How often does a team trade a 22 year old C who's already productive and has more potential to improve and win that trade?

*I don't disagree with anything you're saying, except to add that angle of winning a trade involving him.

Comment

If Casey is returning, the least we could do is sell JV to the highest bidder.
      I think Masai acknowledged his misuse this season and intends to rectify it.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        I still think Casey is not coming back. However, for the sake of argument lets say he is coming back.

This year, no one blamed MU for the awful work that Casey had done during the season. However, if MU decides to bring Casey back, Will fan blame him for the team performance under Casey next year ?
        Very simple answer: yes.

I don't see how Casey is brought back with the ongoing Masai mantra to build through the draft. I have always questioned this. Casey just doesn't like young guys. The one year he actually tried to tank was DeMar's 3rd year so he force fed him and never looked back.

Comment

JV has been paying under Casey for 3 seasons, only missing the starting lineup 5 times. With 3 seasons of work, Casey still hasn't managed a way to effectively use his skill set on offense or defense. A player's first handful of seasons are absolutely crucial to development. What with limited (and largely insignificant) touches as well as minimal opportunities to close out games, it seems as though JV isn't even being given a chance to grow. Another season (or two..?) under Casey isn't doing fans, Casey or Jonas any good. Win win win all around.
          If Casey is brought back, for JV's sake, I would like to see him traded.

In his shoes I might have gone Sprewell on Casey.

Comment

• Ujiri said plainly that he did the presser very early and that the review process is still yet to come.

Maybe we just chill for a few weeks and see where it goes.

If Casey stays, I'm going to make the full transition to Bucks fan though...

The invisible line of 'enough is enough' is drawing nearer for the Raps for me....missed alot of games this season for a reason.

However going to give it a few weeks, I can at least distract myself with some good playoff ball until then

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Ujiri said plainly that he did the presser very early and that the review process is still yet to come.

Maybe we just chill for a few weeks and see where it goes.

If Casey stays, I'm going to make the full transition to Bucks fan though...

The invisible line of 'enough is enough' is drawing nearer for the Raps for me....missed alot of games this season for a reason.

However going to give it a few weeks, I can at least distract myself with some good playoff ball until then

I was thinking of going full on Drake and just cheering for whoever wins the championship.

Comment

• Just cheer for the Spurs. They're a pretty safe bet.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Still don't buy the logic. You don't keep the wrong coach while waiting for the perfect coach, cause it's impossible to tell who is the perfect coach until they are doing the job.

As for stability and the young players, I think it's more important to have a coach who will instill a professionalism and accountability for the young players to follow; otherwise all you are doing to teaching them kids to chuck on O and not play D.
                  Your hatred of Casey is skewing your logic.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• If casey Stays, im transitioning to just a basketball fan. Ill watch the good games that are on instead of this crap that makes my eyes bleed

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      What's the issue? Masai wants 'development' but Casey isn't teaching any sort of fundamentals clearly. Doesn't make for a good pairing.

You don't keep the wrong coach while waiting for the perfect coach, cause it's impossible to tell who is the perfect coach until they are doing the job.
                      This makes perfect sense considering the nature of the job.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        Disagree.

I have yet to see a logical reason to keep Casey, unless Masai was happy with what we all saw.

Reasons I've seen to keep Casey (either here or media):
                        Waiting for right candidate? You won't necessarily know who the right candidate is until you interview and you can't interview until Casey is fired.
                        Just signed an extension? 1 yr guaranteed money left on deal at less than $4M.
                        Raptors aren't good enough to compete? Our compete level is above average in the very least; in our conference
                        Roster is flawed? If you are waiting for the perfect roster, you will never get there.
                        Hanging the blame on the coaching staff would be absolving a young team of responsibility? Roster change should happen too and bringing in a coach who holds players accountable would demonstrate to young players that this season wasn't good enough.

Reasons to fire Casey (largely my own views):
                        Awful defensive performance this season
                        Awful use of personnel (Greivis Vasquez is not a SF, but James Johnson can be)
                        Lack of accountability/Double Standard for KL, DD, LW, GV
                        Either lost part of the locker room (JJ rumour) or fully endorsed this crap we saw. Either way - that's a fail.
                        Refuses to adapt schemes to fit the skills of his players
                        Failing to understand most basic coaching concepts (when to foul to stop the clock)
                        Questionable player development (I would call it a failure, but I'll agree that the book may still be out)
                        Admitted that he didn't put an offensive system/scheme in place this season
                        "That's a shot we normally make"
                        From Exit Interview (Credit CRF for nice summary posts)
                        - Casey said that the offensive approach they were winning with early wouldn't work in the playoffs... didn't change anything
                        - Casey said he felt the team was playing too quick... kept yelling for the team to run
                        - Casey said the defense slipped, despite it being his focus... fail?
                        - Casey acknowledged they have veterans and leaders, but not vocal ones... then later said they needed players to step up and lead.
                        - Casey: "It was almost impossible to get meaningful minutes for five wing guys" DD, TR, JJ, Lou....& GV

So tell me, where is the logic?
                        Last edited by Axel; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 07:24 AM.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Disagree.

I have yet to see a logical reason to keep Casey, unless Masai was happy with what we all saw.

Waiting for right candidate? You won't necessarily know who the right candidate is until you interview and you can't interview until Casey is fired.
                          Raptors aren't good enough to compete? Our compete level is above average in the very least; in our conference
                          Roster is flawed? If you are waiting for the perfect roster, you will never get there.
                          Hanging the blame on the coaching staff would be absolving a young team of responsibility? Roster change should happen too and bringing in a coach who holds players accountable would demonstrate to young players that this season wasn't good enough.

Either lost part of the locker room (JJ rumour) or fully endorsed this crap we saw. Either way - that's a fail.
                          Failing to understand most basic coaching concepts (when to foul to stop the clock)
                          Questionable player development (I would call it a failure, but I'll agree that the book may still be out)
                          - Casey said that the offensive approach they were winning with early wouldn't work in the playoffs... didn't change anything
                          - Casey said he felt the team was playing too quick... kept yelling for the team to run
                          - Casey acknowledged they have veterans and leaders, but not vocal ones... then later said they needed players to step up and lead.
                          - Casey: "It was almost impossible to get meaningful minutes for five wing guys" DD, TR, JJ, Lou....& GV

Just when I calm down you stir me up again.

Damn you, Axel. Damn you.

Comment

Disagree.

Send this to Ujiri, will save him one week of "analyzing" the coach.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Still think you keep JV. If Casey is returning, does anyone really still see him as the long-term coach? Or just a stopgap who got one more year?
                              Never underestimate the capability of the raptors to disappoint you as a fan.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Just when I calm down you stir me up again.

Damn you, Axel. Damn you.

lol we can't get complacent here mcHappy. That's what MLSE wants Raps fans to do - to be like Leafs fans. WE ARE BETTER THAN LEAFS FANS!!! We will not accept this!!!

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X