TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bad enough right now not to make a deep run. They don't have enough winners on this team. It's a collection of pieces and some fit, some don't. Lots of work to be done this off-season.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    What makes a winner anyhow? The Chip? Several teams predicted to make deep runs don't have 'winners'.

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    this team could possibly miss the playoffs next season.
    Unless the Raptors tank, they're not missing the playoffs.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      What makes a winner anyhow? The Chip? Several teams predicted to make deep runs don't have 'winners'.

Unless the Raptors tank, they're not missing the playoffs.
      They were playing barely a .500 ball after All-star break. Why won't that trend continue? Plus other teams in the East are gonna get better.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        They were playing barely a .500 ball after All-star break. Why won't that trend continue? Plus other teams in the East are gonna get better.
        We had one of the best records in the entire league in 2014 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st). Why didn't that trend continue? Trends are not permanent. Also are you assuming we won't be upgrading our roster as well?

Comment

• Playoffs?? playoffs? Cue in Mora cadence. It doesnt matter (to me) if the team misses the playoffs next season....as long I see a commitment to excellence, playing hard and the right way (young, passing the ball and h-nosed defence). I want entertaining basket ball, visible upside and everything else will find it's level....and sustainable. Building is not easy.

Comment

We had one of the best records in the entire league in 2014 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st). Why didn't that trend continue? Trends are not permanent. Also are you assuming we won't be upgrading our roster as well?
            I expect roster changes but will that roster change be an upgrade or downgrade that remains to be seen. And hotfuzz didn't refer to any roster changes he's talking about "this team"

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I expect roster changes but will that roster change be an upgrade or downgrade that remains to be seen. And hotfuzz didn't refer to any roster changes he's talking about "this team"
              Even "this team" isn't missing the playoffs. Our winning % with DeMar is that of a 50 win team. Also... Titanic Division.
              Last edited by tDotted; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

One can be a winner without NBA hardware. Its the way one approaches the game. If they all really wanted it, had that killer instinct, they could have overcome bad coaching.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Playoffs?? playoffs? Cue in Mora cadence. It doesnt matter (to me) if the team misses the playoffs next season....as long I see a commitment to excellence, playing hard and the right way (young, passing the ball and h-nosed defence). I want entertaining basket ball, visible upside and everything else will find it's level....and sustainable. Building is not easy.
                  I agree. "Won the division" "49 wins" "playoffs" are such misleading outcomes to be reassured by. This team has been in a downward spiral since December, hasn't played good defence in a full calendar year, and just took a massive step back in their most recent playoff performance. This isn't progress, and I'm not interested in another season with a terribly flawed team that gets spanked in the first round. I don't care if they win 49 games and the division again. The roster needs to be better, and that may not mean equal/more wins next season.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

These are the teams I see overtaking the Raptors in standings:

Hawks
                    cavs
                    Bulls
                    Wiz
                    Pacers
                    Heat
                    Bucks (maybe)

This means they could essentially be fighting for the 6th to 8th position. Playoffs are by no means a guarantee.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Hawks
                      cavs
                      Bulls
                      Wiz
                      Pacers
                      Heat
                      Bucks (maybe)

This means they could essentially be fighting for the 6th to 8th position. Playoffs are by no means a guarantee.
                      Of course health is always the variable, but that aside: yeah, Paul George will be back in Indiana and that's still an ECF team less one Lance Stephenson, the Wiz are taking a step forward if Beal and Wall are healthy all year and if this is what Beal and Porter taking the next step looks like, the Heat will absolutely be better next year with Dragic/Bosh/ZombieWade, the Bucks definitely should be better next year with one more year together for such a young team with a new coach. The Cavs might not have Kevin Love but will probably have a better 82 games than this year anyway, the Hawks are going to have to resolve the Millsap situation, and this Raptors team we've been seeing since December is absolutely worse than those teams over 82 games.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hawks
                        cavs
                        Bulls
                        Wiz
                        Pacers
                        Heat
                        Bucks (maybe)

None of those teams are in our division, so we'd still be top 4.

Go Atlantic!
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• well I see Boston overtaking us next season.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            None of those teams are in our division, so we'd still be top 4.

Go Atlantic!
                            Does that how it goes down? If a division winner isn't in top 8, they still make playoffs? That's kinda shitty.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Does that how it goes down? If a division winner isn't in top 8, they still make playoffs? That's kinda shitty.
                              Yeah, that's what happens.

As long as we can hold of Philadelphia, NY, Brooklyn and Boston we're guaranteed a top 4 spot.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It would take a miracle to win your division and not be top 8

Comment

Working...
                                X