TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    If Casey returns, we may just have to protest outside the ACC. Like for real.
    i agree in principle but i got kids to take care of ...

Comment

mortgagejake wrote: View Post
      Well, let me entertain you for a minute. You're a fan. Someone with 1% basketball knowledge compared to people who live, breathe, and work in the business day in day out. You know nothing. You never sit in the locker room. You have no idea what the behind-the-scenes situations are. You have no concept of what management and ownership wants from you. You are a blade of grass in the field, and along with 99% of the rest of the fans, your voice means nothing to anyone except a message board who relies on your comments to exist.

Have I made it clear what your opinion is worth to Masai and anyone else in the NBA?

This doesn't only go for you but to anyone else who thinks they know more than NBA-level executives, scouts, and professionals.

This is why you have a job or are a student or whatever you do, and they do what they do, and get paid to do it, and you don't.

Cool?
      Lol - wow

Here is the thing though. Many of us still saw this train wreck months in advance and advocated many of the changes that Casey acknowledged today.

But at the end of the day, none of this exists without a fan base and after this season, that fan base, especially in fickle toronto, is likely to get smaller, taking their disposable income with them.

Comment

jerome is ok with Casey staying for one more year and MU sign a bunch of 1 year deals to prepare for 2016. It's just that jerome will be watching Andrew and the wolves next season.

Comment

mortgagejake wrote: View Post
          Well, let me entertain you for a minute. You're a fan. Someone with 1% basketball knowledge compared to people who live, breathe, and work in the business day in day out. You know nothing. You never sit in the locker room. You have no idea what the behind-the-scenes situations are. You have no concept of what management and ownership wants from you. You are a blade of grass in the field, and along with 99% of the rest of the fans, your voice means nothing to anyone except a message board who relies on your comments to exist.

Have I made it clear what your opinion is worth to Masai and anyone else in the NBA?

This doesn't only go for you but to anyone else who thinks they know more than NBA-level executives, scouts, and professionals.

This is why you have a job or are a student or whatever you do, and they do what they do, and get paid to do it, and you don't.

Cool?
          Although this is partly true...

...it's also true that all professional sports are dominated by old-boy networks made up of ex-college and pro players who like to give each other incredibly high-paying jobs until senility and/or death, regardless of tangible, real-world qualifications.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
            i agree in principle but i got kids to take care of ...
            Bring them with you it's fun they can make signs with cardboard and crayons and you can take a little road trip!
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I love that people are being accused of not knowing enough to criticize Casey. We just got swept by the Wizards. That's evidence enough, no matter how little we might know.

With that said, although I would much prefer to see Casey replaced, I am open to other solutions. All I'll say is if Casey is staying, there'd better be a lot of roster turnover, because what we have now is not working.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                PANIC.

Or is he going to be the tank commander?
                Well he fucked that up in 2012, too.

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post
                  jerome is ok with Casey staying for one more year and MU sign a bunch of 1 year deals to prepare for 2016. It's just that jerome will be watching Andrew and the wolves next season.
                  Yo dawg, gotta be real with you. You can't be up in here if you're gonna be talking in the third person like that acting like you JYD. Just won't ever be able to take you seriously lol

Comment

1. Report missed that only 1 year is left guaranteed on Caseys deal
                    2. Raptors FO is extremely hard to get info before things happen. Reports are usually wrong before and actual events are surprises to everyone.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      Bring them with you it's fun they can make signs with cardboard and crayons and you can take a little road trip!
                      the wife doesnt like my basketball influence, she wants them to play for the leafs .........

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        I love that people are being accused of not knowing enough to criticize Casey. We just got swept by the Wizards. That's evidence enough, no matter how little we might know.

With that said, although I would much prefer to see Casey replaced, I am open to other solutions. All I'll say is if Casey is staying, there'd better be a lot of roster turnover, because what we have now is not working.
                        I am not sure how Lowry can stay after his comments today.

Pretty big hanging curve ball to praise him as a man and make no mention of his skills at what their relationship is built upon.

Comment

Lowry failed this year..... ugh, its a gamble right? Tough call man

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                            the wife doesnt like my basketball influence, she wants them to play for the leafs .........
                            Oh no. thats a damn shame, man. sorry to hear it.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              1. Report missed that only 1 year is left guaranteed on Caseys deal
                              2. Raptors FO is extremely hard to get info before things happen. Reports are usually wrong before and actual events are surprises to everyone.
                              pretty much why im still on this forum after that Casey returning rumor.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I am not sure how Lowry can stay after his comments today.

Pretty big hanging curve ball to praise him as a man and make no mention of his skills at what their relationship is built upon.
                                Summary of what happened? or a link to where I can find the interviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X