Centers the Raptors should target in FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centers the Raptors should target in FA

Some centers I feel the Raptors should target are...

Marc Gasol-- Obviously immensely talented, probably won't leave Memphis.

Robin Lopez-- Doesn't need the ball to be effective. Wouldn't mind paying him a lot.

Roy Hibbert-- Doubt he opts out of 14 mill but might be looking for a change of scenery. Defensive anchor would be a nice addition.

Tyson Chandler-- Defensive anchor, locker room presence. Could be the veteran we need moving forward.

Kosta Koufos-- LENGTH!

Brandan Wright-- Nice upside, length

Of course, what happens with JV will determine what we do and vice-versa. Who do you guys like?

Bargnani - skilled big man, has potential, eats pasta

Comment

If JV is moved I think it is to go all in on going small. So none of those guys fit, except maybe Wright.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        If JV is moved I think it is to go all in on going small. So none of those guys fit, except maybe Wright.
        Some guy like Wright or Javale McGee in a very specific, limited role as a mobile defensive 5 who plays about 20 mpg.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I like Meyers Leonard in Portland, but he's got a team option that I'm positive Portland will exercise. He's a hard-working mobile center who can shoot 3s.

Edit: I'd trade Ross for him.
          Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Apr 28, 2015, 06:05 AM.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Inb4 JV+Ross+picks for DMC

Comment

We don't use or develop the center we have now, why would be be looking to trade for one.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

They need a vet who plays strong defense and can be a leader. Chandler could be that guy. He would give JV a guy to play against at practice who he could learn a lot from. Chandler would also push him for minutes because he brings some of what JV lacks. Chandler was also a guy who had to deal with high expectations that he couldn't meet right away.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  They need a vet who plays strong defense and can be a leader. Chandler could be that guy. He would give JV a guy to play against at practice who he could learn a lot from. Chandler would also push him for minutes because he brings some of what JV lacks. Chandler was also a guy who had to deal with high expectations that he couldn't meet right away.

Amir (10 NBA seasons) is a vet big man, add in Chuck Hayes (10 seasons) and Jamal Magloire who is on staff and JV has guys to learn from. If JV is our center then I think we need to find a guy comfortable as a back up that gives us what we need. Mobility and shot blocking is what I think we should be looking for in a reserve center, Bebe has the potential but he must be still raw as hell because he does not even get a chance to sniff the court.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

how about Hansbrough for Ed Davis straight up.

Comment

Should start looking for centers now. Jv is as good as gone IMO. Robin Lopez sounds good.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Hibbert was bitching about his touches 2013-2014 season, imagine what's gonna happen here.

Comment

I think guys like Hassan Whiteside, Deandre Jordan, Tyson chandler will fit into what Masai wants to build.

Comment

why the fuck would jv be gone?

and kosta koufos

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                              Amir (10 NBA seasons) is a vet big man, add in Chuck Hayes (10 seasons) and Jamal Magloire who is on staff and JV has guys to learn from. If JV is our center then I think we need to find a guy comfortable as a back up that gives us what we need. Mobility and shot blocking is what I think we should be looking for in a reserve center, Bebe has the potential but he must be still raw as hell because he does not even get a chance to sniff the court.
                              JV doesn't have big guys who can put up a real fight to play against in practice. JV needs somebody who can give him the sort of challenges he'll typically see on any night in the NBA. Chandler would also offer production as a reserve.

Comment

Working...
                              X