Has MU become MLSE's next lap dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has MU become MLSE's next lap dog?

Given the epic collapse of the Raptors it is hard to fathom DC returning next year. It got me wondering if MU is taken on the persona of his employers--MLSE? I know MLSE paid for his family to come over from Africa this past October....MLSE controls almost everything in the Toronto sports scene. Their influence is far reaching. Have they now shaped MU in their liking? Is this one of the reasons Lweike left as well?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. If he was such a man that is so easily molded he would have never had the backbone to pull off the Melo trade.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Given the epic collapse of the Raptors it is hard to fathom DC returning next year. It got me wondering if MU is taken on the persona of his employers--MLSE? I know MLSE paid for his family to come over from Africa this past October....MLSE controls almost everything in the Toronto sports scene. Their influence is far reaching. Have they now shaped MU in their liking? Is this one of the reasons Lweike left as well?
      You know MLSE has completely changed under Bell/Rogers? The board of directors now has reps from both companies. Under OTP it was a completely different group of people on the board (chaired by Richard Peddie, who isn't there anymore) operating for a different ownership group. The one carry over this whole time is Larry Tannebaum, who is a minority owner and has been around since Day 1.

My theory is Larry Tannebaum is a Sith Lord and I thought Leiweke was his apprentice but maybe it's actually Ujiri because they couldn't pull Leiweke all the way over to the Dark Side. Or maybe Leiweke just wasn't strong enough in the force because he was too distracted by making money on www.justlikestubhub.com.

Edit - I found a pic of the current MLSE board members:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Rich people...eeeviiiillll.....illluuuummminaaatttiiiii i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          You know MLSE has completely changed under Bell/Rogers? The board of directors now has reps from both companies. Under OTP it was a completely different group of people on the board (chaired by Richard Peddie, who isn't there anymore) operating for a different ownership group. The one carry over this whole time is Larry Tannebaum, who is a minority owner and has been around since Day 1.

My theory is Larry Tannebaum is a Sith Lord and I thought Leiweke was his apprentice but maybe it's actually Ujiri because they couldn't pull Leiweke all the way over to the Dark Side. Or maybe Leiweke just wasn't strong enough in the force because he was too distracted by making money on www.justlikestubhub.com.

Edit - I found a pic of the current MLSE board members:

They find our lack of faith disturbing...
          OG is our king

Comment

Even if Masai has taken on the persona of his employers, I fail to see why we (as fans) should be bothered by that.

Doesn't MLSE want to win as badly as we do? Didn't they just spent a gazillion dollars on a new practice facility and D-League team?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Even if Masai has taken on the persona of his employers, I fail to see why we (as fans) should be bothered by that.

Doesn't MLSE want to win as badly as we do? Didn't they just spent a gazillion dollars on a new practice facility and D-League team?
              When was the last time a MLSE owned team won a championship?

They may state they want to win but they do not know what they are doing when it comes to putting a winning product on display so yes I am concerned if MU gets sucked into the MLSE culture. We need MU to be independent in thoughts and actions NOT influenced by MLSE.

Comment

They may state they want to win but they do not know what they are doing when it comes to putting a winning product on display so yes I am concerned if MU gets sucked into the MLSE culture. We need MU to be independent in thoughts and actions NOT influenced by MLSE.
                You can say the same thing for about 90% of owners across all sports.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  You can say the same thing for about 90% of owners across all sports.
                  Yeah, not sure we can simplify it that much. If we're judging owners by their previous championships, we'd be searching for a while.

Frankly, I think we're lucky to have ownership with such deep pockets. Shelling out money has never been a problem in Raptorland.

I would hate to be a fan of OKC or Memphis (for example) to be constantly worried about salary cap implications thanks to cheap ownership groups.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I would hate to be a fan of OKC or Memphis (for example) to be constantly worried about salary cap implications thanks to cheap ownership groups.
                    yeah, those OKC fans sure do have it tough
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

At the very least, the blind love for this man should be toned down. He has made both good great and terrible decisions in the past.

If Casey is retained, I wonder what would happen if we start next season 15-26?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        yeah, those OKC fans sure do have it tough
                        Just imagine how that team would've looked with Harden still around. Scary.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                          At the very least, the blind love for this man should be toned down. He has made both good great and terrible decisions in the past.

If Casey is retained, I wonder what would happen if we start next season 15-26?
                          Yeah, let's hate him and chase him out of town, like everybody else that has tried to make our favorite team win.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Why would the MLSE want to overrule Masai about Casey?

What's their incentive?

Comment

Man, if he had the money, I wish Nav Bhatia owned the team.... Can he make himself and other really rich passionate fans buy the team away from MLSE? They can keep the TFC and the Maple Leaves

Comment

Working...
                              X