Has MU become MLSE's next lap dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    So basically you're saying that the better move would be to tank then, since at the very worst, you're ending up with a "same value" outcome?
    except one has the higher chance of a worse outcome than the other. You could end up like Philly who looks like they will be tanking "until the cows come home"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I'm asking the question using hindsight.

Let's go back to the start of the 2013-14 season. If I told you then that I can travel to the future and tell you that the next 2 years of not tanking resulted in 2 first round exits, why would you prefer that over a slim chance at Wiggins?
      I would then ask you to travel to the future again to see what tanking results us?

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        except one has the higher chance of a worse outcome than the other. You could end up like Philly who looks like they will be tanking "until the cows come home"
        Is Philly really any worse off than us right now? Sure, they won a lot less games, but nobody is confusing either team for a contender.

In other words, is there a significant difference between shit, and slightly less stinky shit?

Comment

I would then ask you to travel to the future again to see what tanking results us?
          The results of that path are unknown. The possibilities include winning the Wiggins sweepstakes, or even Randle and his broken leg.

In my opinion it was worth the risk. We don't lose anything by aiming for the lottery except a few meaningless playoff games.

Comment

the same value that having the highest number of ping pong balls and moving down 3 spots has.
            What are you talking about?

They don't give lottery picks for first round exits.

Comment

Is Philly really any worse off than us right now? Sure, they won a lot less games, but nobody is confusing either team for a contender.

In other words, is there a significant difference between shit, and slightly less stinky shit?
              My daughter is asking, "what so funny daddy?" "Why did you laugh?"

Comment

I'm asking the question using hindsight.

Let's go back to the start of the 2013-14 season. If I told you then that I can travel into the future and tell you that the next 2 years of not tanking resulted in 2 first round exits, why would you prefer that over a slim chance at Wiggins?
                Well, if we're talking foresight here, then I'd also know that in the process of building even a treadmill 1st round exit playoff team, I'd also have 2 extra assets (DD & Lowry) that could potentially be flipped for top 10 picks, then I'd take that over simply using my own draft position as the singularly valuable asset. The playoff / banner thing is inconsequential. Increasing the number and value of trade assets is the important thing.

And this is the other not-so-often talked about downside of tanking. Sometimes it can artificially deflates the trade value of your entire roster. DD & Lowry are prime examples of that.

I can't believe I'm arguing side-by-side with peanutwoozle. j/k. lol.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  What are you talking about?

They don't give lottery picks for first round exits.
                  a first round exit is similar to losing out on a top 3 pick, that's what I was trying to say, because it's a crapshoot after that.

Comment

a first round exit is similar to losing out on a top 3 pick, that's what I was trying to say, because it's a crapshoot after that.
                    Maybe if you have the 12th slot and you are convinced you are going lottery.

If you have the 2nd best chance and you slip to four, that sucks, but you're still going to be alright.

Knicks fans are idiots.

Comment

Right now Phily is shit but in 2 or 3 seasons from now they might not be. Toronto at this point isn't shit but if we don't open the window and start cleaning soon, the stench will become overwhelming.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Well, if we're talking foresight here, then I'd also know that in the process of building even a treadmill 1st round exit playoff team, I'd also have 2 extra assets (DD & Lowry) that could potentially be flipped for top 10 picks, then I'd take that over simply using my own draft position as the singularly valuable asset. The playoff / banner thing is inconsequential. Increasing the number and value of trade assets is the important thing.

And this is the other not-so-often talked about downside of tanking. Sometimes it can artificially deflates the trade value of your entire roster. DD & Lowry are prime examples of that.

I can't believe I'm arguing side-by-side with peanutwoozle. j/k. lol.
                        I said in another thread, Raps could get benefit of 2-3 years of losing tonight.

That certainly cuts down on anticipated future losing time....assuming one or two of those picks pan out.

Comment

My daughter is asking, "what so funny daddy?" "Why did you laugh?"
                          I was going to get into the discussion of viscosity, consistency in addition to odour, but I figured RR has already been down that road

Comment

I said in another thread, Raps could get benefit of 2-3 years of losing tonight.

That certainly cuts down on anticipated future losing time....assuming one or two of those picks pan out.
                            Exactly right. We could make up for and surpass the expectation of what some people claim to be "2 years wasted" under Masai, in just a few deals. Focusing on Wiggins and only Wiggins is simply not fair to any GM and also terrible risk management. But.....

DD for Gallo + Winslow (7). Lowry & Lou S&T for Mudiay (4).

Just. Do. It. Masai.

Comment

Exactly right. We could make up for and surpass the expectation of what some people claim to be "2 years wasted" under Masai, in just a few deals. Focusing on Wiggins and only Wiggins is simply not fair to any GM and also terrible risk management. But.....

DD for Gallo + Winslow (7). Lowry & Lou S&T for Mudiay (4).

Just. Do. It. Masai.
                              Oh, and then we trade our expirings to GSW for David Lee and presto.... you've got a brand new starting 5 that's still good enough to get to the playoffs in the East, but now has major upside and no chuckers.

Mudiay, Winslow, Gallo, Lee & JV

Damn... I wish I could like my own posts. lol.

Comment

Oh, and then we trade our expirings to GSW for David Lee and presto.... you've got a brand new starting 5 that's still good enough to get to the playoffs in the East, but now has major upside and no chuckers.

Mudiay, Winslow, Gallo, Lee & JV

Damn... I wish I could like my own posts. lol.
                                No no no... you trade Gallo & lower 2016 pick to Utah for Favors. Jeesh!

JV
                                Favors
                                Winslow
                                Ross
                                Mudiay

Comment

Working...
                                X