No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaol should really join CHI and play along side his brother, Rose and Butler. They would be an amazing team as well.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Mike Conley is going to explore free agency according to SI.

Interesting because, although the Raps probably have no chance, it'd be an interesting recruit. Trade Lowry then say to Conley, how would you like to be an All-Star for the first time and have it be when your team is hosting?

Also probably means Gasol is gonezo as expected.
      Mike Conley is under contract for next season, so he's not exploring shit for another year.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        there is roster redunancy running rampant in Milwaukee...they may be another year or two away from really settling on how that shakes out though
        Is it redundancy? They love having all these lanky guys who can switch on everything and defend multiple positions - as far as I know, they're building that way intentionally because that's the system they're running.

The redundancy isn't in the size or shape of the players, it's that not enough of them are shooters. They're more likely to make changes to balance out their shooting than they are just so they can fit into traditional positional moulds.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Mike Conley is under contract for next season, so he's not exploring shit for another year.
          Misread. He's just not signing an extension
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Just letting you all know Carroll is okay.

So he's still #1 on my list.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Misread. He's just not signing an extension
              Which only means that he wants the big money when the cap goes up, not that he has any interest in leaving Memphis.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Just letting you all know Carroll is okay.

So he's still #1 on my list.

So much of Carroll's success is based on the style of play and teammates in Atlanta.

I feel he is another 28/29 year old role player. Raps have a few of those guys. He'd be great on young teams already jacked with talent or veteran teams like Memphis. Don't see how he helps Toronto. To me it has a Turkeyglue situation all over with expectations too high for what he can do - minus the pizza and clubbing, of course.

Hearing he is going to cost $15m on hoopshype.com. Yowzers. I'd much rather going after Tobias Harris, RFA risk and all.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  So much of Carroll's success is based on the style of play and teammates in Atlanta.

I feel he is another 28/29 year old role player. Raps have a few of those guys. He'd be great on young teams already jacked with talent or veteran teams like Memphis. Don't see how he helps Toronto. To me it has a Turkeyglue situation all over with expectations too high for what he can do - minus the pizza and clubbing, of course.

Hearing he is going to cost $15m on hoopshype.com. Yowzers. I'd much rather going after Tobias Harris, RFA risk and all.
                  Exactly, I would mind Carroll on this team but he doesn't fit. He plays good on Atlanta due to the ball movement, the Raptors ate anti-Ball movement
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I've liked Carroll since his days in Utah, buddy. In fact, look at some of those early clips of his even from Missou. He was a good player back then as well, just never had the right situation handed to him until he left with Millsap for Atlanta. Hollins, his first NBA coach even admits he treated him wrong in Memphis. He's worked his ass off his whole basketball career.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I've liked Carroll since his days in Utah, buddy. In fact, look at some of those early clips of his even from Missou. He was a good player back then as well, just never had the right situation handed to him until he left with Millsap for Atlanta. Hollins, his first NBA coach even admits he treated him wrong in Memphis. He's worked his ass off his whole basketball career.
                      What isn't to like about Carroll?

He is the ultimate glue player.

Thing about glue players is they need to be able to hold other parts together.

The Raptors don't have the other parts and signing Carroll would only further make getting those parts that much more difficult....if not impossible.

Comment

What isn't to like about Carroll?

He is the ultimate glue player.

Thing about glue players is they need to be able to hold other parts together.

The Raptors don't have the other parts and signing Carroll would only further make getting those parts that much more difficult....if not impossible.
                        That's why I'm looking at other, cheaper options, even some bench SF's instead (JJ getting to move-up to the starting line-up then IMO).

I don't think Harris or Middleton will be able to get signed by us. Both teams will match for sure. I could see us getting a few different options, mostly Jae Crowder (Boston Cetics), who I also really really like. Young, a RFA though, really good on D as well. Shocked he hasn't come up here at all in our mentions, as he might the cheap glue guy we need.
                        Axel wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:

Comment

I'd much rather going after Tobias Harris, RFA risk and all.
                          I am curious why Magic would not match any offer that comes Harris's way given they are a young team, most team will have a Cap room in 2016 due to TV deal and the fact that he is a very young promising talent ...

Comment

That's why I'm looking at other, cheaper options, even some bench SF's instead (JJ getting to move-up to the starting line-up then IMO).

I don't think Harris or Middleton will be able to get signed by us. Both teams will match for sure. I could see us getting a few different options, mostly Jae Crowder (Boston Cetics), who I also really really like. Young, a RFA though, really good on D as well. Shocked he hasn't come up here at all in our mentions, as he might the cheap glue guy we need.
                            Value contracts are always a good thing. They are always tough to get and likely to be harder with tv deal on horizon.

Tough to know what happens in RFA. Remember last summer when Chandler Parsons was a lock to return to Houston? I had some heated discussions about him possibly signing elsewhere only to be told it was a lock he resigned in Houston. Well he left. I think you give Harris a max deal with player options in year 3 and 4 along with large trade bonus and performance incentives (that would actually be obtainable with an increased cap should the incentives be met) and Orlando has something to think about....especially if they draft Winslow.

Comment

• I think there will be lots of 'max' contracts being thrown around this summer. A max contract could be good value when the cap goes up.. and when teams would be shy about opening their wallets or competing with the likes of NY and LA.

Going to be difficult to get Middleton and/or Harris even if Orlando/Milwaukee have other wholes to fill.. they can resign and trade them the following year for different assets... at least that's what I would do if I was managing those teams.

Comment

Value contracts are always a good thing. They are always tough to get and likely to be harder with tv deal on horizon.

Tough to know what happens in RFA. Remember last summer when Chandler Parsons was a lock to return to Houston? I had some heated discussions about him possibly signing elsewhere only to be told it was a lock he resigned in Houston. Well he left. I think you give Harris a max deal with player options in year 3 and 4 along with large trade bonus and performance incentives (that would actually be obtainable with an increased cap should the incentives be met) and Orlando has something to think about....especially if they draft Winslow.
                                So you have no opinion on Crowder?

You went ahead and just posted up what you think it would take to get Harris, while ignoring another option.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X