No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you noted Green is the better choice imo. I haven't researched the cap situations of either GSW or Mil. but this would come into play if either team were up against it. Mil. has already made the requisite statement that they will match on Middleton but Green will be a hard get as well...he is a favourite of Kerr's and I believe they would rather lose some other asset than Green. Lastly, there will be other suitors. A pessimistic outlook I am afraid.

Comment

I'd go for Middleton.

I think at this point it would be absolutely crazy for GSW not to match any offer for Green. If cap considerations are a concern, I'd figure they'd look to cut costs anywhere else they can...and even if they can't it'll really only matter just for next season, where they'll pay a decent tax bill, but then after Lee's contract expires as the cap likely goes up a decent amount so they'll be in a good cap situation again. (*Note: tax bill shouldn't scare a team like GSW who will be in the playoffs, sometimes making deep runs, every season...they'll more than offset any tax they pay)

Middleton's a tougher guy to figure. Milwaukee easily can afford to sign him at any price, but will they? His value is probably lower than Green's. He really fits best as a wing role player, so a max deal might just seem enough like an overpay that they don't match, or maybe they accept a S&T. They're such a young team with so much growing still to do, neither choice (matching or not) would surprise me.

Comment

To add more about Green leaving...he's the "better" choice means he'll have more interest from teams. He's also a Michigan guy, and Detroit has come up as a possible landing spot.

I really can't see Toronto competing with several teams, including his current contender GSW and his 'hometown' Pistons.

Heck, I think it'd probably be easier to get Butler out of Chicago. Chicago's notoriously cheap and has been allergic to paying luxury tax.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          To add more about Green leaving...he's the "better" choice means he'll have more interest from teams. He's also a Michigan guy, and Detroit has come up as a possible landing spot.

I really can't see Toronto competing with several teams, including his current contender GSW and his 'hometown' Pistons.

Heck, I think it'd probably be easier to get Butler out of Chicago. Chicago's notoriously cheap and has been allergic to paying luxury tax.
          I do wonder if Mo Pete and his Michigan State alumni-ism could work any magic. MSU alum are fairly tight, especially anyone who played for Izzo. Plus Toronto isn't that far from Detroit. I'd say we will lose to Detroit for sure, but maybe they go a different direction.

Not optimistic, but we have a few small things going for us at least.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Between those two I say Green, but I think both teams match.

What if the choice is between Middleton and Carroll? Carroll is a UFA and won't require a max deal. He's also a vet with playoff experience. I'd rather offer the money to Carroll.

Comment

I pick Middleton. I think Green is excelling due to his team's composition, Toronto just does not have the same pieces that would allow him to succeed.

Middleton has a solid all-around game. The Bucks will have to figure out where the minutes are going to come from for the Greek freak and Parker, does Middleton fit as a forward, or will they try to make him their starting 2 guard?
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

#1 priority is how Draft Night plays out.. I'd try and package JV for a top 4 pick in this Draft and Package DD if not together because although JV has potential.. Are you going to risk another 2-3 years to develop less then superstar potential? Superstars dont take 6 years to become superstars unless JV is the Chauncy Billups of Centres. FYI Billups wasnt even a superstar and that Detroit Pistons team was an enigma to NBA Championship teams over the last 30 years. DeMarcus Cousins on this roster wouldn't make it much better because of the brand of basketball they play. Sign Wes Matthews who can play D and shoot the 3.

Comment

I absolutely love Green. I think he would fit in great with this team but I don't feel we really have a chance at him. I think Middleton is more realistic to go after. He would be great to add and we could move TR to backup SF.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    I pick Middleton. I think Green is excelling due to his team's composition, Toronto just does not have the same pieces that would allow him to succeed.

Middleton has a solid all-around game. The Bucks will have to figure out where the minutes are going to come from for the Greek freak and Parker, does Middleton fit as a forward, or will they try to make him their starting 2 guard?
                    Yes.

Comment

Green.

He is versatile.

Tough and gritty.

Can shoot the 3.

Rebounds like a mo' fo'.

Is a winner and does the dirrrty to make it happen.

Green.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Under Casey, we all know Pierce would be taking contested 3s while fading to his left and making them at a 20% clip while playing no defense at all.
                        But we'd finally have IT. IT I tell you!! IIIIITTTT!
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
                          #1 priority is how Draft Night plays out.. I'd try and package JV for a top 4 pick in this Draft and Package DD if not together because although JV has potential.. Are you going to risk another 2-3 years to develop less then superstar potential? Superstars dont take 6 years to become superstars unless JV is the Chauncy Billups of Centres. FYI Billups wasnt even a superstar and that Detroit Pistons team was an enigma to NBA Championship teams over the last 30 years. DeMarcus Cousins on this roster wouldn't make it much better because of the brand of basketball they play. Sign Wes Matthews who can play D and shoot the 3.
                          You said it yourself, JV is a center. Many all star big men take until their mid 20s to develop, seems to be especially true with europeans
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Raps #1 off season priority, when it comes to the roster, is getting legit starting level talent at SF or PF.

The starting 5 needs a talent infusion.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Between those two I say Green, but I think both teams match.

What if the choice is between Middleton and Carroll? Carroll is a UFA and won't require a max deal. He's also a vet with playoff experience. I'd rather offer the money to Carroll.
                              and another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Atlanta has the full bird rights for Carroll since he only signed a 2 year contract before, Atlanta also has higher priorities this summer (Millsap), so that could factor in as well.

Comment

Green shoots the 3 at just over 33%, he is not a lights out shooter and he benefits from open looks due to floor spacing and ball movement.....we don't have either, I just don't see the fit.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X