2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    I think Harris probably has the highest chance of coming over to Toronto out of the names listed and that's mostly based on the fact that I don't think Orlando matches on most offers.

I really like Middleton but I just don't see The Bucks not matching on him. I like Danny Green as well but I'm 95% positive he's a system guy ... and we don't have a system here to properly utilize him.
    Articles on the web regarding magic management eanting him back.

And imo, they can keep him.

Another guy who slows the ball and needs it alot and is a subpar defender. Just what a team with demar dosent need.

If harris comes in demar needa to go out.

Comment

• Lowry, torontos pick and meeks to philly for the number 3.

Demar to denver

Chandler to detroit

Lawson, #3 and #8 to toronto.

Draft d'angelo
      Draft winslow

Lawson
      Dangelo
      Winslow
      Pat
      Jv

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yeah, but that's still a bit tricky. Really have to have a good read on whether their old team will match, because not only do you tie your money up for 3 days, but you risk doing it for nothing and losing the chance to get any of the other guys. I mean, if your top two choices are Middleton and Butler...both would sign an offer sheet, but neither might be expected to be let go. Then if your 3rd choice is Harris, and Orlando might let him go, but again, he's your 3rd choice, would it be better to just approach him first?
        As far as a chance to get the other guys, I think players will wait to sign an offer sheet until they get a max offer. So someone might beat us to the punch with a max offer, but if the guy knows we'll give him one too and he'd rather play here, he will just wait, there is no rush. The important thing is making the first offer to the guy most likely to not be matched. Otherwise we'll just be missing out on being the team that got their offer matched, not really a chance to get the other guy. Like everyone has said, Harris seems like the only guy with a chance to be unmatched, so he should be the target.

I wonder if teams will still use all 3 days before matching? It seems stupid now that it's just 3 days. I think they should lower it to one day, you either want to keep the guy at that price or you don't. No way a team goes into the offseason without a clue of what they're willing to pay their own free agent. It just hurts free agents having a waiting period, while their team acts petty and makes the other team wait the maximum amount of time.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          OK.

So with Harris (or whatever RFA), you offer:

-max salary
          -15% trade bonus
          -player options on year 3 and 4

....no performance bonuses because he is already max and then Orlando (or whatever team with a RFA) then has to have player approval to trade after year 1 of the deal if they match it (and luckily if they did not match that player approval would not carry over to the Raptors nor would the trade bonus count against their own books if he was in fact traded as a Raptor).

Piece of cake.... where does Harris sign? lol
          Can't offer multiple options. Would either have to be a 3 year deal with the third year an option or a 4 year deal with only the 4th year as an option.

Otherwise, nailed it. Except for making Harris the primary target.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Honestly, though, I'd rather give them a true 4 year contract and risk it getting matched. Whole point is the value under a new cap.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Can't offer multiple options. Would either have to be a 3 year deal with the third year an option or a 4 year deal with only the 4th year as an option.

Otherwise, nailed it. Except for making Harris the primary target.
              Could you offer a player option in year 3 and a team option in year 4 with partially guaranteed money?

Comment

Could you offer a player option in year 3 and a team option in year 4 with partially guaranteed money?
                Nope, any actual option clause has to be in the final year of a deal.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  As far as a chance to get the other guys, I think players will wait to sign an offer sheet until they get a max offer. So someone might beat us to the punch with a max offer, but if the guy knows we'll give him one too and he'd rather play here, he will just wait, there is no rush. The important thing is making the first offer to the guy most likely to not be matched. Otherwise we'll just be missing out on being the team that got their offer matched, not really a chance to get the other guy. Like everyone has said, Harris seems like the only guy with a chance to be unmatched, so he should be the target.

I wonder if teams will still use all 3 days before matching? It seems stupid now that it's just 3 days. I think they should lower it to one day, you either want to keep the guy at that price or you don't. No way a team goes into the offseason without a clue of what they're willing to pay their own free agent. It just hurts free agents having a waiting period, while their team acts petty and makes the other team wait the maximum amount of time.
                  But from the second rfa 's perspective, our first offer may not be matched, in which case he'd have turned down other options waiting for a max offer that never came.

Not sure you just tell a guy that and he waits.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Danny Green would be a nice pick up. Who also comes with a lot of playoffs games under his belt. I think he could also be had for cheap.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Danny Green would be a nice pick up. Who also comes with a lot of playoffs games under his belt. I think he could also be had for cheap.
                      Jodie meeks got $18m over three years last season.

He won't be cheap.

And just what the raptors need, another 28 year old role player.

Comment

He won't be cheap.

Got a build around your "all-star backcourt"...so you know, we better go get a 3 and D shooting guard.

*Disclaimer: I'd love Green on this team if we actually shake things up and move one/both of the guys though.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Nope, any actual option clause has to be in the final year of a deal.
                          Alright - his choice 2 or 3 years it is with a player option for year 3 or 4...gives him choice to decide on when he takes advantage of new tv deal.

Max
                          Trade bonus 15%

Orlando match and they have to have his consent to trade plus new team gets stuck with trade kicker.

Botta boom botta bing

......or any restricted free agent!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Got a build around your "all-star backcourt"...so you know, we better go get a 3 and D shooting guard.

*Disclaimer: I'd love Green on this team if we actually shake things up and move one/both of the guys though.
                            Actually I might not mind him either way, but I'd really rather get an actual SF-sized player in somewhere.

Comment

He won't be cheap.

Meeks got 6 mill a year.

I wouldn't mind paying Danny Green 8 mil a year. The age doesn't matter to me. 28 is still young in the NBA especially for a shooter.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Meeks got 6 mill a year.

I wouldn't mind paying Danny Green 8 mil a year. The age doesn't matter to me. 28 is still young in the NBA especially for a shooter.
                                So after signing Green for $8m what about the starting SF and PF?

The budget is just $8m by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X