Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    We've already got James Johnson.
    But we don't have Al Farouq Aminu!

Comment

• Let's get Tyson Chandler

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Raps #1 off season priority, when it comes to the roster, is getting legit starting level talent at SF or PF.

The starting 5 needs a talent infusion.
        I think as far as good asset management goes, you hope Ross can make a leap going in to next year so you only have 1 spot to focus on, the 4. If Ross can be at least a serviceable starting 3 next year that could really help us. If he can't then we obviously have to find a way to upgrade. The 4 is critical tho.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Raps #1 off season priority, when it comes to the roster, is getting legit starting level talent at SF or PF.

The starting 5 needs a talent infusion.
          In agreement ,but , PRIOR to getting PF and/or SF we need a coach who can properly utilize the players on our roster.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            We've already got James Johnson.
            Who sits on the bench at crunch time.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Who sits on the bench at crunch time.
              So... this more inefficient version of him will get more PT?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                I think as far as good asset management goes, you hope Ross can make a leap going in to next year so you only have 1 spot to focus on, the 4. If Ross can be at least a serviceable starting 3 next year that could really help us. If he can't then we obviously have to find a way to upgrade.
                Won't happen.

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                  Would be down with Horford - love his game. Don't know enough about Harris to comment.
                  Harris is everything we could want in a Small Forward, even if he's still a bit unpolished. He's only 23.

He's versatile (normally a SF, would match up great in a Casey small ball lineup at PF), has great size (6'9", 235lbs), has range enough to keep defense honest (36% from 3), good defense etc. Just hasn't been able to stay healthy .. which I guess could be a problem.

But if we go hard after him, that would essentially mean not going after Durant in 2016 .. unless we include Harris in a sign-and-trade for Durant ...

Comment

• I want either Danny Green or Corey Joseph from the Spurs. Danny Green is a solid 3 and D guy, and has the size to be a SF/SG. Pickering's own is a solid point guard with good IQ coming from Pop's system and can play defense.

Our new starting PF hopefully will be from the draft.

Hopefully Masai can get good assets for Lowry and maybe Ross.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Harris is everything we could want in a Small Forward, even if he's still a bit unpolished. He's only 23.

He's versatile (normally a SF, would match up great in a Casey small ball lineup at PF), has great size (6'9", 235lbs), has range enough to keep defense honest (36% from 3), good defense etc. Just hasn't been able to stay healthy .. which I guess could be a problem.

But if we go hard after him, that would essentially mean not going after Durant in 2016 .. unless we include Harris in a sign-and-trade for Durant ...
                      Yeah, injuries are a huge concern with Harris. Always misses a chunk of games each season. This was his healthiest season and he missed 14 games. And he's still got a lot of growth to do. He's a black hole on O. And he doesn't have the strongest mental game, both in terms of bball IQ and being able to keep his composure.

*Edit: Not like I watched a ton of Orlando ball, but the bit I did I grew less and less impressed with him each time. Who knows, though? Maybe in a better environment with better coaching he could really grow and thrive. Now, if only we had that in Toronto!
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun May 3, 2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, injuries are a huge concern with Harris. Always misses a chunk of games each season. This was his healthiest season and he missed 14 games. And he's still got a lot of growth to do. He's a black hole on O. And he doesn't have the strongest mental game, both in terms of bball IQ and being able to keep his composure.

*Edit: Not like I watched a ton of Orlando ball, but the bit I did I grew less and less impressed with him each time. Who knows, though? Maybe in a better environment with better coaching he could really grow and thrive. Now, if only we had that in Toronto!
                        He was looked at as the "Demar" in the Orlando system, and the coaches would look for him to carry quite a big offensive load. Orlando hasn't really had anyone else good in his time there. And still managed 17pts on 46% shooting last year. And 46% shooting for his career actually.
                        And I said he was 23, but he's actually still 22 until July. 2 years younger than Ross. So there's that. Haha

Now of course I can't disagree that we might not have the best coach to implement Harris' play ... but that might change! Fingers crossed!
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon May 4, 2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                          I want either Danny Green or Corey Joseph from the Spurs. Danny Green is a solid 3 and D guy, and has the size to be a SF/SG. Pickering's own is a solid point guard with good IQ coming from Pop's system and can play defense.

Our new starting PF hopefully will be from the draft.

Hopefully Masai can get good assets for Lowry and maybe Ross.
                          I can't see us starting a Rookie at the 4 next year .. but that's just me. I guess that depends on the direction Masai chooses to go.

I'll take either of DG of CJ, but I'm not sure they'll be leaving the Spurs.

Comment

• Not a fan of harris. Someone mentioned his lacking bball iq and i tend to agree. He scored a lot in isos. Dont see how dd, kl, jv and harris can share the floor considering they need the ball to be successful(although jv does get pts off putbacks, a large part of his game is postups.

Comment

• Could the Raptors do the following?:

-Trade DeMar for Tristan Thompson
                              -Go after Jimmy Butler hard in the off season with a max contract

Next years roster:
                              PG - K. Lowry, GV
                              SG - J. Butler, T. Ross
                              SF - J. Johnson, Bruno
                              PF - T. Thompson, Amir, Tyler
                              C - JV, anybody

Comment

• Um guys.....

I say Middleton. but only because you wanna look at these 2 RFA's while a UFA SF is coming off the books and is more polished.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X