2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys....

I really don't see who DeMar can get us, really. I'm not sure what his market is, and what he'd go for. Plus, him wanting a raise will hurt his value.

Now... Faried. I like the guy, but this leaves us weak at SG. Plus, we'd actually have less cap to spend now. So it's kinda a bad move IMO. I want to be able to use as much cash as possible to get guys that can help.... especially with the 3 spot. That hole just stares right at me... and seeing how many good teams have a great SF nowadays, this hole scares me a ton. I really don't know what to do, but shipping out DeMar for a guy like that seems to hurt us more than most would think.

Now.... if we do ship DeMar, what do we do at SG? Do we use Ross here? Our 20th pick? A FA?

Plus, what about shipping him out for a cheaper SG option and a bench player at SF or PF? I don't know what team would do this, but something along those lines, along with a pick in the draft seems fair to me.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Well guys....

I really don't see who DeMar can get us, really. I'm not sure what his market is, and what he'd go for. Plus, him wanting a raise will hurt his value.

Now... Faried. I like the guy, but this leaves us weak at SG. Plus, we'd actually have less cap to spend now. So it's kinda a bad move IMO. I want to be able to use as much cash as possible to get guys that can help.... especially with the 3 spot. That hole just stares right at me... and seeing how many good teams have a great SF nowadays, this hole scares me a ton. I really don't know what to do, but shipping out DeMar for a guy like that seems to hurt us more than most would think.

Now.... if we do ship DeMar, what do we do at SG? Do we use Ross here? Our 20th pick? A FA?

Plus, what about shipping him out for a cheaper SG option and a bench player at SF or PF? I don't know what team would do this, but something along those lines, along with a pick in the draft seems fair to me.
      Well, then we'd probably be worse at SG, and still lack a starting SF and PF. So I don't know how that's a good deal for us either. If it's a "blow it up" move, then why even care about getting a couple of serviceable player? Just get picks/prospects. As many as you can.

I also don't know what you mean with Faried regarding cap space. His salary doesn't go up til next year, which means you'd have to take salary filler to make a deal work now. Either Denver sending cash or whatever contracts to fill. Why would Toronto let that go higher than DD's salary? And if you meant going forward, with DeMar's contract going up due to bonuses, he'll be making about the same as Faried next year (about $11M I believe). Nothing about getting Faried has to really impact our cap flexibility as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Well guys....

Use our cap space to sign Danny Green or Tobias Harris, then we've solved PF and either SG or SF. Ross can play at whichever position we didn't fill, or maybe we try something crazy and start James Johnson.

I just really don't see Denver wanting to do a Demar for Faried swap. Maybe if we toss in a future 1st as sweetener, say our worse of the two picks we have next year. The only thing I'm banking on is their fan base being pissed if they don't get any players of consequence in return for Faried, so taking Demar is for the fans.

Comment

• After DD got hurt Kyle wore himself down after a month of carrying the Raptors. I can't see how that works over a whole season especially when you add on the fact that I'm sure he won't be happy that DD is gone.

I don't see how much of that burden Faried and Danny Green are going to be able to take on. Especially when Toronto's style has neither the ball movement of SA or the pace of Denver, which plays to their respective strengths.

I'm starting to think that if you want to trade one of DD & KL, you're better just off trading both for young, cheap assets. I don't think you can get enough talent by just trading one to make it worthwhile. Not that I'm advocating doing that. They can still improve in increments with the options they have now.

A team's ceiling is always farther away when you bottom out but that doesn't make it higher.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            After DD got hurt Kyle wore himself down after a month of carrying the Raptors. I can't see how that works over a whole season especially when you add on the fact that I'm sure he won't be happy that DD is gone.

I don't see how much of that burden Faried and Danny Green are going to be able to take on. Especially when Toronto's style has neither the ball movement of SA or the pace of Denver, which plays to their respective strengths.

I'm starting to think that if you want to trade one of DD & KL, you're better just off trading both for young, cheap assets. I don't think you can get enough talent by just trading one to make it worthwhile. Not that I'm advocating doing that. They can still improve in increments with the options they have now.

A team's ceiling is always farther away when you bottom out but that doesn't make it higher.
            That's actually one of the bigger issues I have and it all comes back to how Toronto plays with Casey at the helm. It doesn't play to any player's strength.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

After DD got hurt Kyle wore himself down after a month of carrying the Raptors. I can't see how that works over a whole season especially when you add on the fact that I'm sure he won't be happy that DD is gone.

Lowry was playing like a mad man trying to salvage our record season, he won't have that pressure next year. Also, I think the massive drop off from DD to Vasquez starting at SG is why Lowry had to try so damn hard. If he had Green and Faried as options, he could play like normal, or even easier because Green and Faried would make up for some of his defensive deficiencies. Never forget that Vasquez was inserted as our starting SG when DD went down, fucking Casey......

Comment

Might have to do something completely insane and give the most efficient post player in the league more possessions to ease the burden on Lowry.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This guy isn't going any where.

Masai has some many options to fill the missing holes at the 4 and 3. You have trade option with players like Taj Gibson and Kenneth Faried being on the outs on their teams. You have free agents Carrol, Matthews, Danny Green. You have the draft with our 20th pick. Where there should be a couple NBA ready contributors available(Grant, Harrell and RHJ). Cant wait to see what Masai does. His got options though.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

This guy isn't going any where.

Masai has some many options to fill the missing holes at the 4 and 3. You have trade option with players like Taj Gibson and Kenneth Faried being on the outs on their teams. You have free agents Carrol, Matthews, Danny Green. You have the draft with our 20th pick. Where there should be a couple NBA ready contributors available(Grant, Harrell and RHJ). Cant wait to see what Masai does. His got options though.
                    And then you have the realities of the confines of the CBA.

This isn't MLB.

Can't just go out and outbid everyone or trade for who you want....salaries be damned.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      And then you have the realities of the confines of the CBA.

This isn't MLB.

Can't just go out and outbid everyone or trade for who you want....salaries be damned.
                      I have confidence in Masai. His one of the top GMs for a reason is he not?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

We'll have to see what happens.

If he can fill the holes in the starting lineup and retain some semblance of depth with merely $16m in cap space (if he renounces free agents) or exceptions (if he retains free agents) then he isn't a GM he is Houdini.

.....and then I'll be waiting for extortion charges to be laid.

Comment

I'm as big a fan of Masai as the next guy, but correct me if I'm wrong, hes never been past the first round
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• Denver had 3 straight 1st round losses (and another one the year before he got there). His first year he made the Carmelo trade. Before the start of his last year he drafted Faried and made the trade for Iggy (Masai was gone when he was signed and traded to GS). He also signed Nene to an extension and traded him 3 months later (for JaVale). Also in that final season Danilo Gallinari tore his ACL right before the playoffs.

So I mean, with those along with the Gay & Bargnani trades he's made a bunch of good to very good trades. But no 2nd rounds.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

MU is so far vastly overrated. After keeping the mentally deficient HC he clearly can't make good decision. He also hasn't been able to convert assets unless selling low to teams looking to unload trash. #FireMU, he's too busy scouting the next Ugandan Lebron James to run a team

Comment

• well I'm glad people are realizing that Masai is overrated
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X