-Go after Jimmy Butler hard in the off season with a max contract

Next years roster:
    PG - K. Lowry, GV
    SG - J. Butler, T. Ross
    SF - J. Johnson, Bruno
    PF - T. Thompson, Amir, Tyler
    C - JV, anybody
    DD for Thomson straight up? Wtf man lol
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      DD for Thomson straight up? Wtf man lol
      Ya I don't think even the most of ardent of Derozan critics value Demar that low.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
        I want either Danny Green or Corey Joseph from the Spurs. Danny Green is a solid 3 and D guy, and has the size to be a SF/SG. Pickering's own is a solid point guard with good IQ coming from Pop's system and can play defense.

Our new starting PF hopefully will be from the draft.

Hopefully Masai can get good assets for Lowry and maybe Ross.
        Danny Green, after being on and off the roster in Cleveland, found a home and a championship ring in San Antonio. I doubt he is in any hurry to leave, but obviously, he recognizes it will be a different situation if Duncan and Ginobili retire:

“It hasn’t sunk in yet, but this is a special group,” Green said. “That’s why it sucks so bad, especially for Timmy (Duncan) and Manu (Ginobili). We had an opportunity to do something special for them. All I can do is hope and pray for another group like that in the future, but I have a feeling some of those guys will be back. R.C. and Pop do a great job of bringing in new guys.”

He would be awesome on defence when paired with his old teammate, Hansbrough. I really doubt that Tyler would want to play for Coach Casey another season and have his minutes yanked around like he was some yo-yo instead of a seasoned pro, and essentially be told not to score.

Comment

• What is Joseph's value, $$ wise?

Comment

• The more I watch his highlights the more I like having him and Lou as the main guards off the bench.

Comment

• Some trade involving GV for Joseph would be good if we're keeping Lou or getting someone like him to come off the bench.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I also really doubt that Hansbrough would advise Danny Green to come to Toronto if Coach Casey is still around. You know that Tyler is the first person he would call.

Comment

• Why would the Spurs want Vasquez? Can someone explain this to me?

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                    Why would the Spurs want Vasquez? Can someone explain this to me?
                    He can pass and hit threes, pretty tall for a point guard, pretty good on the p'n'r.

Hasn't looked good under this "system" but I bet the Spurs can mold him into a great role piece (and keep his ego in check, I get the vibe that he thinks he's the Venezuelan Kobe Bryant)
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      He can pass and hit threes, pretty tall for a point guard, pretty good on the p'n'r.

Hasn't looked good under this "system" but I bet the Spurs can mold him into a great role piece (and keep his ego in check, I get the vibe that he thinks he's the Venezuelan Kobe Bryant)
                      Defensively he is just so bad, though.

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                        Defensively he is just so bad, though.
                        If any team could hide his deficiencies on d itd be the Spurs though, wouldn't it?
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          If any team could hide his deficiencies on d itd be the Spurs though, wouldn't it?
                          That's true.

Comment

• Getting Joseph would necessarily mean GV to SAS. Sign Joseph and trade GV in a salary dump

Comment

• Wouldn't **

Comment

• I would love to get my hands on Meyers Leonard from Portland as a back up C. He's got a 3 mill team option, which I can't see them turning down (unless they need their cap space to make a run at someone to keep Aldridge).

Meyers is a young, capable defender (especially in the second unit) with a 3 point shot. He was .420 3pt% on 112 attempts this year. If Portland doesn't exercise that player option, I get his agent on the phone rather quickly. I'm sure He'd take something reasonable, like 5-6 mill/year.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X