2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I think his numbers would really blow up playing with DeMar and Lou, thats a lot of rebounds to get! lol

Tristan Thompson was the second best player for the Cavs in the NBA finals. Now, I don't know if that's a compliment to TT or an example of how thin the Cavs really were...
    The paint will be far to crowded for JV and Tristan... Would doom JV's career

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Do you think that start isn't possible?

If this team is .500 by end of Christmas (a full calendar year of .500 ball), then I think Masai goes in the other direction.
      .500 can still get you in the playoffs in the East.. I don't think that blows it up. If they start 5-15 then yeah he'll do something. I just don't think they will start 5-15 though.

Comment

I do not want to play Milwaukee in the playoffs.

West may sign with Wiz too.
        PG - MCW
        SG - Middleton
        SF - Greek Freak
        PF - Parker
        C - Monroe

God I love that line-up. They'll be a defensive group even with Monroe in the middle.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
          The paint will be far to crowded for JV and Tristan... Would doom JV's career
          I'm not saying we should go for him, but not for that reason. TT and Mosgov were fine together in the middle.

He's an major overpay for a guy who can't score outside the paint and can't shoot free throws, that's why I don't want him.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

He would help our rebounding, but that contract is going to be an albatross for a player of his skill set.
            Exactly.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm not saying we should go for him, but not for that reason. TT and Mosgov were fine together in the middle.

He's an major overpay for a guy who can't score outside the paint and can't shoot free throws, that's why I don't want him.
              Mozgov is quicker off the bounce than JV... And again LBJ demands so much attention that it opens things up no matter what... Add to that the outside threat of Irving and that floor spreads right out.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                PG - MCW
                SG - Middleton
                SF - Greek Freak
                PF - Parker
                C - Monroe

God I love that line-up. They'll be a defensive group even with Monroe in the middle.
                That is hell of a team ...

Comment

Which also means he can get killed by small ball lineups (something the whole league now knows). If he cost less and could be used situationally that would be fine, but if he's getting a big pay day and becomes a de facto core player...some players have such severe flaws that All-Star level positives don't even really compensate for, imho. I don't want a guy like Deandre Jordan as a core player, either. 20 rebounds will get you ESPN headlines, but how can you have core players who can't play 4th quarters?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    .500 can still get you in the playoffs in the East.. I don't think that blows it up. If they start 5-15 then yeah he'll do something. I just don't think they will start 5-15 though.
                    Just getting in the playoffs would be a step back though. Can't see Masai happy with that.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just getting in the playoffs would be a step back though. Can't see Masai happy with that.
                      He shouldn't have been happy with an 0-4 sweep in the first round either.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Josh Smith and Rudy Gay on the same team would be hilarious.
                        Plus Lou Williams, plz.

Then put them in a starting lineup with Boogie Cousins and I don't even care who the 5th guy is. I would quit as soon as that team was assembled if I were George Karl.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          Not for the 90+ million he is seeking.. His numbers are blown up by playing with LBJ
                          The raps would love to add a proud Canadian at a problem position at a number they could fit under the cap. Not sure he's the player id want, but think it's likely raps would be interested if he became available.

I would prefer adding a big PF to play w JV rather than adopting a small ball lineup

Comment

• Raps are treading water at best thus far.

I'm underwhelmed.

Carroll is highest paid player on team and he is a glue player. His strengths as a player are the exact opposite of what the team preached last year.

PG is thinner.
                            Big Depth is thinner.

3 days in though. Lots of time.

Work some magic masai

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Plus Lou Williams, plz.

Then put them in a starting lineup with Boogie Cousins and I don't even care who the 5th guy is. I would quit as soon as that team was assembled if I were George Karl.
                              Boogie would leadlead league in rebounds

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Raps are treading water at best thus far.

I'm underwhelmed.

Carroll is highest paid player on team and he is a glue player. His strengths as a player are the exact opposite of what the team preached last year.

PG is thinner.
                                Big Depth is thinner.

3 days in though. Lots of time.

Work some magic masai
                                If the Raps are going to stay competitive enough to keep them out of the lottery while also whiffing on All-Star FA's, the only other hope moving forward is trades and that NYK/DEN pick.

It won't be over until next summer, which kills me (not that patient). DeMar's future has to be decided, need to see where that pick lands, and once next summer's potential cap space is all spoken for...then we'll be able to finally start handing out the MU grades (except for those guys who don't believe we have anything to say about how a professional does his job - they won't be allowed to join the conversation).

Mind you if this season is as underwheming as last season, a coaching change could delay things another year. "Give the new guy an offseason, training camp, full year with the roster" etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X