2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If we're going to use the restaurant analogy, I believe DeMar is french fries: a lot of empty calories, but pretty tasty once in a while. Better as a side dish than a main meal. We should be eating steak (true franchise player) and salad (high-value role players), but the french fries are more convenient than waiting around for a wholesome meal.

The people who think everyone is anti-french fry think it's personal: it's not. We just think you aren't going to stay healthy eating fast food as your main meal all the time. Also who wants to pay $25 million for french fries
    I think you look at derozans sketchy shot selection and put way too much into it. The guy is a good player. he gets to the line, a lot. This is a really, really big part of why you gotta love him.

But if youre simply on about him getting the max, I agree.... he isnt a max player.

Comment

• this thread has gotten absolutely fucking hilarious. Thanks all!

Comment

• you should post a few coments....THEN, it will be complete

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Dude it's ok that you don't understand the analogy, I get it.

And DeMar is a very good basketball player. Please stop being silly.
          Your posts remind me of a former poster.

You wouldn't happen to be Xiaxk/Nostradomus/Masai Ujiri would you?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Personally, I'd prefer to tank than to offer max level contracts to non-max level players, including DD. But I also don't think a Wolstat tweet is gonna change my mind on how I feel about Demar. Again, I'm fine with moving Demar for the right package, and I don't doubt that a trade scenario could exist in which Demar is moved and the team improves in the short term without sacrificing the future. But more importantly, I feel that there are bigger issues that need to be overcome to make this team better than Demar's presence. The Raps need a well rounded roster that plays a balanced team game in order to succeed IMO. If this isn't the approach MU is taking, i.e. attempting to build a team similar to the Hawks and/or plays like the Spurs, then we should tank, cause I don't feel like superstar players are gonna sign here in the near future. Cap space this year is no more useful for attracting superstars than cap space next year will be IMO. We can get tier 2 and 3 guys, but tier 1 is a pipe dream until Wiggins is available, if he even makes it to tier 1. Moving away from the ISO offence and scrambling defence should be step 1 and acquiring complimentary pieces on value contracts should be the goal this offseason. Making a guy like Harris or Middleton your top paid player would be a mistake, especially considering we will be unlikely to sign a higher paid and better player next off season.
            Great comment. I agree with almost everything.

There are too many issues wrong with our team and the lack of urgency of not addressing them is frustrating as a raptors fan.

I feel we'll never attract any real Tier 1 players if we don't have anything good going for us first. Masai this past year was trying to create the appearance that we were the real deal this year but when we go 4-0'd by the Wizards in the first round that plan went out the window.

I'm not a fan of tanking but I feel thats probably the best route to go with our team. I don't think we should completely gut our entire roster, but rather just keep our younger players-- bebe, bruno, wright, powell, JV, maybe even ross-- and trade the rest for quality younger players + draft picks.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I've never had an account on this site previously so no I'm not any of those people.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I got that vibe as well.. I guess we'll have to wait until we start seeing some passive aggressive behavior.

Oh and don't forget Iman Shumpert.

With Jamshid/McRealistic back (the smiley faces give it away).. I'm sure any day now we'll see a reincarnation of p00ka as well.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  I've never had an account on this site previously so no I'm not any of those people.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I got that vibe as well.. I guess we'll have to wait until we start seeing some passive aggressive behavior.

Oh and don't forget Iman Shumpert.

With Jamshid/McRealistic back (the smiley faces give it away).. I'm sure any day now we'll see a reincarnation of p00ka as well.
                    p00ka aka the Professional Shit Storm Starter
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Are we short trolls? I can take over instigating things until we get some more here

back on topic though. Anyone think we could pry Ariza loose from Houston?
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        Are we short trolls? I can take over instigating things until we get some more here

back on topic though. Anyone think we could pry Ariza loose from Houston?
                        I really doubt it. Ariza might be their biggest key on D. He pretty much takes the toughest non-big assignment every night. And he's strong enough to play some small ball 4. I just can't picture why they'd give him up. Probably only in deals that would be horribly lopsided in their favour.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          No, Demar is the server who takes all the shit cause the cook sucks!!
                          demar being the server makes no sense, cause he wouldnt give the food to anyone after picking it up from the kitchen.

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I really doubt it. Ariza might be their biggest key on D. He pretty much takes the toughest non-big assignment every night. And he's strong enough to play some small ball 4. I just can't picture why they'd give him up. Probably only in deals that would be horribly lopsided in their favour.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              I think it's out there that they want cap space, though obviously Ariza wouldn't be top on their list of $ to get rid of.

And on another topic, with all the criticism and outright hate that Casey gets around here, I think it should be apparent that any type of evaluation of Tobias Harris as a young player has to be seen through the prism of having Jacque Vaughn as a coach.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Aminu eh...

gonna do some homework and report back shortly
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X