2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Cav trade Haywood and Miller to Portland for 2 2nd RD picks. both expected to be waived. Blazer DGAF anymore
    Do the Cavs give them 2 2nds?

Comment

• correction. Blazer get 2 picks from Cavs from somwehere i guess

Comment

• is that the thompson money?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          is that the thompson money?
          No, Haywood was non-guaranteed, so they mostly just created a trade exception so they can trade for someone later. It's similar to how we helped OKC get an exception by taking Ridnour.

Mike Miller had a few mil guaranteed, so that helps them a bit with Thompson maybe. But they get 13 mil trade exception, that was probably more important.
          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun Jul 26, 2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            No, Haywood was non-guaranteed, so they mostly just created a trade exception so they can trade for someone later. It's similar to how we helped OKC get an exception by taking Ridnour.

Mike Miller had a few mil guaranteed, so that helps them a bit with Thompson maybe. But they get 13 mil trade exception, that was probably more important.
            might be Joe Johnson money.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              not really no, just pointing it out. The penalties are severe enough that they won't keep a stupid-high payroll for long.

I won't be impressed if they win, though. I'm more impressed by sustained excellence than a 1 year spending extravaganza to win a single championship.
              An interesting question:
              -What iff they don't win (say loose in east final)?
              Lebron bolts to whichever team he has a better chance of winning (I mean screw this "I'm coming home" Nike campaign.
              Most of other guys (with no chance in hell of winning without Lebron) are signed long term. Massive tax for a few more years.
              I have a funny feeling he is going to screw Cavs owner for the letter.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Why would we want to trade for a player who might be in prison? guy is a piece of trash.
                He could still turn his life around and JJ can kick his ass if he steps out of line.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  He could still turn his life around and JJ can kick his ass if he steps out of line.
                  Markieff fights 5 vs 1.

Comment

To be clear, they get 10M and 3M (or so) TPEs. Two separate ones. They can't absorb a 13M dollar player.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      So if Minny sees the same potential you do (and they MIGHT have a bit more info on him than you do), why give him away cheap? They're rebuilding, what do they have to lose?
                      Minny has 2 choices:
                      1. Pick up option (and pay 7 mil) thus "keeping the asset or penitential;
                      2. Waive him -thus zero return.
                      -Maybe they simply do not want to pay him 7 mil & are willing to take/get any asset they can.
                      We don't know what they see (or don't see in him).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        To be clear, they get 10M and 3M (or so) TPEs. Two separate ones. They can't absorb a 13M dollar player.
                        Why do they get 2 instead of 1?

Comment

Why do they get 2 instead of 1?
                          2 players = 2TPE that cant be combined

Comment

Markieff fights 5 vs 1.
                            Morris boys fought (and kicked the shit out of) an a....e that was disrespectful towards their mother, something most young men would/should do.
                            Suns are not pissed about that as much as that he (Markief) is pissed about his brother gone.
                            He can be had cheap and is a solid young 2 way player signed (esp in new CBA salary cap) very cheaply for next few years.
                            Is there a potential problem with jail time or "criminal status" label? Yes.
                            But if we could get this young (& chance of getting even better) PF for say 2Pat, I say lets do it.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                              An interesting question:
                              -What iff they don't win (say loose in east final)?
                              Lebron bolts to whichever team he has a better chance of winning (I mean screw this "I'm coming home" Nike campaign.
                              Most of other guys (with no chance in hell of winning without Lebron) are signed long term. Massive tax for a few more years.
                              I have a funny feeling he is going to screw Cavs owner for the letter.
                              i wouldn't take anything away from their championship if they win. a lot of teams have gone all in and not one. as long as they are competitive and making money, not paying the tax means no lebron. dan snider isn't an owner for the income. winning a championship would be huge for that city.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              i wouldn't want morris at all. if that isn't a toxic locker room player i don't know what is. say he gets off, which as a professional athlete able to pay off people could happen, there is still a massive distraction during every interview. players have to support their teammates. how do you support that? he just made a mistake attacking a man with four friends.

that is a felony assault charge, not a misdemeanor. probably not just going away.
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Jul 26, 2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Morris boys fought (and kicked the shit out of) an a....e that was disrespectful towards their mother, something most young men would/should do.
                                Suns are not pissed about that as much as that he (Markief) is pissed about his brother gone.
                                He can be had cheap and is a solid young 2 way player signed (esp in new CBA salary cap) very cheaply for next few years.
                                Is there a potential problem with jail time or "criminal status" label? Yes.
                                But if we could get this young (& chance of getting even better) PF for say 2Pat, I say lets do it.

so the raptors are supportive of violence to solve problems as long as you can play basketball. "remember kids if someone says something you don't like get your friends and kick the shit out them." paid advertising from mlse

Comment

Working...
                                X