Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      THE NEXT STEPS IMO

let Hayes walk
      let Amir walk
      let Fields walk
      let Hansbrough walk
      let Stiemsma walk

resign Lou to 4 years 32 million and immediately flip him to HOU for Trevor Ariza

Ross slides into 6th man role

make 3 year 45 million dollar offer to Paul Millsap

resign Hayes to vet min

use 3 year MLE to pick up Nando De Colo

Lowry/De Colo/Wright
      DeRozan/Ross/Powell
      Ariza/Johnson/Cabolco/Daniels
      Millsap/Patterson/Hayes
      Valanciunas/Nogueria
      Houston can just sign Lou, if they aren't targeting major free agents. If they are targeting major free agents like LaMarcus and such, then they have to move Ariza and can't afford to pay that much to Lou either.

Comment

• Resign Lou + 1st+ Bebe for Ariza + T Jones, if you have to do 2 separate deals to make it work do that.
        Trade JJ for D Lee + 1st in 2018
        Than sign Powell and Wright.
        KL/DD/Ariza/TJones/JV
        Wright/TRoss/PPat/DLee
        Powell/Bruno. There are now 11 players signed for a total $65.5 million plus 2 slots at league minimum and Raptors than can sign those two players to bring the team as for need, utilizing the MLE. Another point guard to protect Wright as backup guard such as a Jameer Nelson

Comment

• Next up, hopefully.. Demarre Carroll. If we're going the tough, defensive route, Carroll fits the bill. And if possible, an offer to Tristan Thompson.

Comment

• I really can't deal with any more years of Lou Williams. I really hope someone makes him an offer we can't compete with.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong or nobody likes this scenario but wouldn't it be pretty cost effective to go after Tobias Harris to fill the SF hole in the starting lineup and then scoop David west to fill the PF hole in the starting lineup? He won't command anywhere near his 15 Mil he was making before and although he is not Paul millsap (preferred choice) he should come cheaper...

KLow / Wright / FA
              DeRozan / Ross or Lou / Powell
              Harris / JJ / Bruno
              West / 2pat
              JV / Bebe

If with his shortcomings, I would prefer keeping Lou and Ross... Having JJ and Wright on the second line could help cover Lou's defence and his scoring is very nice.. Especially because Wright isn't a jumpshooter. Ross should easily fetch a backup big if it's really wanted, or maybe used in a way to grab a better big than west? Just a thought..

Honestl6 after the way Atlanta played I doubt millsap leaves, and Aldridge isn't going to leave Texas. So David west wouldn't be a bad alternative, he is still a midrange assassin.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong or nobody likes this scenario but wouldn't it be pretty cost effective to go after Tobias Harris to fill the SF hole in the starting lineup and then scoop David west to fill the PF hole in the starting lineup? He won't command anywhere near his 15 Mil he was making before and although he is not Paul millsap (preferred choice) he should come cheaper...

KLow / Wright / FA
                DeRozan / Ross or Lou / Powell
                Harris / JJ / Bruno
                West / 2pat
                JV / Bebe

If with his shortcomings, I would prefer keeping Lou and Ross... Having JJ and Wright on the second line could help cover Lou's defence and his scoring is very nice.. Especially because Wright isn't a jumpshooter. Ross should easily fetch a backup big if it's really wanted, or maybe used in a way to grab a better big than west? Just a thought..

Honestl6 after the way Atlanta played I doubt millsap leaves, and Aldridge isn't going to leave Texas. So David west wouldn't be a bad alternative, he is still a midrange assassin.
                Meant would prefer Lou instead of Ross... Ross never won us any games..

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  You still need a Back up C ... Bebe will not cut it this year.

Other than that, the only change I will make is to trade Lowry for pass first PG.
                  I'm of the opinion Bebe will cut it just fine. It's all up to our dumbass coach to actually play him though. He's a much better rebounder and shot blocker than Hansbrough, our backup C last year.

Will be interesting to see what we do at SF and PF will all this cap space.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    I'm of the opinion Bebe will cut it just fine. It's all up to our dumbass coach to actually play him though. He's a much better rebounder and shot blocker than Hansbrough, our backup C last year.

Will be interesting to see what we do at SF and PF will all this cap space.
                    Shot blocker yes. Rebounder is a stretch.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      I really can't deal with any more years of Lou Williams. I really hope someone makes him an offer we can't compete with.
                      Anything above 5 mill is an offer we shouldn't compete with, so yeah - he's gone.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        I really can't deal with any more years of Lou Williams. I really hope someone makes him an offer we can't compete with.
                        My guess is Indiana will go after him. They need a bench scorer who can shoot, they want to go smaller, they have cap space now, and they are trying to create even more by dumping Hibbert. They were interested in Lou some years ago too, IIRC.

If not Lou, then I think they'll sign some other chucker-ish little guy. They wanted OJ Mayo too not long ago, maybe they trade for him. Monta Ellis was rumored.

I think that Larry Bird is almost certain to spend a bunch of money on a little ball handling combo guard this summer, via free agency or via trade, and Lou Williams will be one of the best available.

Comment

• Is it because we traded GV that all these Lou Will signing ideas are coming up? Give your heads a shake!

We are going to split the cap space between a small forward and a power forward. The rest of the roster is then filled with veteran mins. That's it. There's no room at the inn for Lou and the 10 mill or so he's going to command.

Comment

• I think Masai need to keep calling Sactown about DMC. With the draft done I think we pretty good package compared to the other teams. I believe we now have 3 first round pick next year. We could even take back a bad contract.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I think Masai need to keep calling Sactown about DMC. With the draft done I think we pretty good package compared to the other teams. I believe we now have 3 first round pick next year. We could even take back a bad contract.
                              2 in 2016
                              2 in 2017 (Clippers is lottery protected)

Comment

• Wolstat tweeted something to the effect that what DD is asking for his next contract is absurd and the raps should trade him now

Now im not a huge Wolstat fan but he definitely has a closer ear to the organization than most so when he says something like that it's something. i'm guessing (HOPING!) DD gets flipped in the offseason.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X