2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    It's the only move they had. You can't let Love go after 1 year and through FA where you get nothing back.
    yup only solution - make him untradeable for the next half-decade

Comment

• Damn. That's a lot for Brandon Knight...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Terrible move by the Lebrons
        Would have been a lot more terrible if they ended up trading Wiggins for a rental.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
          True, but before the trade deadline Sam Hinkie was more than willing to deal anyone on their roster. Also, he did decide to deal MCW even though MCW won the ROY and put up fantastic numbers all year round.
          MCW won ROY in a terrible rookie class. He's got a lot of limitations as a player. Noel is special, and the best player on Philly. He's not going anywhere.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            yup only solution - make him untradeable for the next half-decade
            Are we really calling Kevin Love untradeable right now...?

He will never be untradeable on that deal unless he has a career-altering injury. It's Kevin freaking Love we're talking about. This guy is a superstar player in the NBA. He's a season removed from putting up 26-13-4 while knocking down 2.5 3s per game at a 38% clip.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

Damn. That's a lot for Brandon Knight...
              It's the same Middleton got. Knight played really fucking good last year. It seems fair to me.

Comment

• If they're going to get Thompson under contract as well, I'm figuring that they will have to go into luxury tax area to make it happen.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  If they're going to get Thompson under contract as well, I'm figuring that they will have to go into luxury tax area to make it happen.
                  Thompson apparently got $80M/5years.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Are we really calling Kevin Love untradeable right now...?

He will never be untradeable on that deal unless he has a career-altering injury. It's Kevin freaking Love we're talking about. This guy is a superstar player in the NBA. He's a season removed from putting up 26-13-4 while knocking down 2.5 3s per game at a 38% clip.
                    hes Boozer 2.0 - a max deal for a guy that cant be used in the 4th

Comment

• Re: Cleveland -

1. You have to bring back Thompson. He saved the team's ass multiple times in the finals.
                      2. You have to bring back Love. He's a top-twenty player in the league who arguably hasn't peaked yet. You simply don't let that kind of talent go.
                      3. Signing Thompson and Love means the Cavs have two star bigs and Timofey Mozgov, who isn't a star and isn't mobile enough for the small game but is brutal against opposing Cs, plus LeBron playing PF minutes on occasion. It's perfectly workable at worst and could be deadly at best.

The Cavs are going to re-sign Shump and Delly as well, because here's the cold hard reality about the Cavs: when they were maybe seven "real" NBA players strong with two stars injured and down, they were the only team in the NBA other than maybe the Spurs who could really stand up to Golden State and give them a fight. They're going to bring the band back, find a few minimum contract-deals and reload, and they're instantly the favorites in the East and rock-solid contenders to win the whole thing.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        If they're going to get Thompson under contract as well, I'm figuring that they will have to go into luxury tax area to make it happen.
                        Going way into the tax, but what better time to do that then with your NBA Finals team that went to game 6 with your other 2 best players injured.

Comment

• Oh my god, wtf is going on? Matthews? Aldridge? Neither? Maybe it's a good thing I won't have wifi from this afternoon until tomorrow afternoon.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• so demarre is a rap, love it. Plays the game the right way and brings everything we need to the table. Can shoot, can defend and can rebound. Best of all I think he's an underrated passer and knows how to play with a talented big man or two.

If we can add LMA we're easily the second best team in the east. A healthy Wes and I think we're the best defensive team, assuming we can kind of let the whole scramble thing go...

This could turn into an amazing off season, or we could be looking at another year of mediocrity. Either way, with the next two drafts stacked in our favor and a couple decent long term contracts and potential young talent I think we're moving in the right direction. Im feeling some promise as a raps fan.
                            Last edited by Bandit; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• What if Raptors make a trade for Haywood? Throw in some bench players and a pick maybe... That would free up a lot of cap space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• If you are going to talk about the cavs could you do it in the nba thread? Im looking for raptors news and tbh dont give a fick about the cavs.

Comment

Working...
                                X