2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
    Your underrating his value. He was the first overall pick 2 years ago. Minni isn't gonna give him up for nothing regardless of how shit he is
    Remember that he is still being paid as a first overall pick and he hasnt produced.

Comment

Your underrating his value. He was the first overall pick 2 years ago. Minni isn't gonna give him up for nothing regardless of how shit he is
      Bennett has very little value, definitely not a 2016 1st
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Bennett has very little value, definitely not a 2016 1st
        2017 first which belongs to the clippers. You guys understand that it's basically a second rounder because it will be in the 28-30 range
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

2017 first which belongs to the clippers. You guys understand that it's basically a second rounder because it will be in the 28-30 range
          the pick has trade value, bennet doesn't. and they would have picked 27th this year.

Comment

That's by far the best-case scenario for the Clippers. They were tied for a top 3 record this year with CP3 not missing a single game (for the 1st time mind you), and that's before Cleveland had their new and improved roster, the Spurs reloaded etc. They'll be lucky and fortunate to continue their current level of success.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              They clearly expected moves that would win a championship, in a single week of a single summer of free agency - that or a complete tank. A few have expectations in between (ie. reasonable)
              LMAO people are idiots. I truly don't understand what people expected.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• People on here like to make up a whole bunch of trade scenarios and hype themselves up and I just laugh at most of them. Most of them are either unrealistic or ridiculous. That's most of them never come to fruition. So now when they don't happen everyone is underwhelmed lol. Guys we were never getting Terrence Jones or Gibson or Keiff so get over it. I told you guys Patterson was most likely gonna start and we were going to be looking for a backup. I'm just glad its not Boozer. Scola is much much better.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  You know who's happy about this deal? Leo lol.
                  why?

Comment

• PG: Lowry, Joseph, Wright
                    SG: DeRozan, Ross
                    SF: Carroll, JJ, Bruno
                    PF: Patterson, Scola
                    C: JV, Biyombo, Bebe

I guess the last orders of business are:
                    1) what happens with Ridnour?
                    2) Does Powell or Daniels make the team or go Dleague?
                    3) If not Powell or Daniels, who fills out last 1-2 roster spots?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      PG: Lowry, Joseph, Wright
                      SG: DeRozan, Ross
                      SF: Carroll, JJ, Bruno
                      PF: Patterson, Scola
                      C: JV, Biyombo, Bebe

I guess the last orders of business are:
                      1) what happens with Ridnour?
                      2) Does Powell or Daniels make the team or go Dleague?
                      3) If not Powell or Daniels, who fills out last 1-2 roster spots?
                      My gut tells me Daniels makes it but spends time in D league.

Really hard to tell with Powell. Without a dleague team, then he'd go the Daniels route of spending a year overseas, but now that we have one, hard to see Masai outsourcing his development.

I could see them being the final 2 roster spots. Ridnour is probably just waived at this point.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• well, if we are now done, we are looking at the 5th seed in the east and a most likely first round exit.

Comment

• So rebounding was one of our biggest needs and is going to be a huge problem again along with interior defense.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            So rebounding was one of our biggest needs and is going to be a huge problem again along with interior defense.
                            I feel like our rebounding got quite a lot better:
                            - DeMarre is a significantly better rebounder than Ross at the SF position
                            - 2Pat basically rebounds just as well as Amir and Scola is significantly better than both of them on the glass
                            - Biyombo is a huge upgrade over Hansbrough on the glass
                            - Our guards on the bench are better rebounders too. Lou and Vasquez provided almost nothing on the boards. Delon is a big guard who rebounded very well in college. Joseph is essentially on par with Lowry on the glass at 4.8 rebs/36 (Lowry 4.9)

As for interior defense, I think that will improve by virtue of improving our perimeter defense. The reality is that interior defense starts with the guards and wings, and the reason teams like the 2013-14 Pacers are so successful on that end is because they make the initial penetration very difficult. Then when they DO get beat you've got Hibbert (who is much less mobile than JV imo) using his length and size to contest.

DeMarre is a huge upgrade over Ross defensively in the starting lineup (obviously PP/Scola would be downgrades from Amir, but not significantly imo because his defense has tailed off with his injuries). Then you've got the CuJo/Delon duo which is a significant upgrade defensively (can switch off and guard 1s, 2s and even some 3s at a high level) to Lou/GV (neither of whom can guard SGs effectively and are below average at guarding PGs). Biyombo's interior defense is on a completely different level than Hansbrough's.

I think the team is better than last year. However the east itself looks stronger particularly with Indiana/Miami likely coming back into the fray, and Milwaukee improving their offensive capabilities after already being the best defense in the conference by adding a low-post scoring threat in Monroe and a guy with elite scoring potential in Jabari.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              So rebounding was one of our biggest needs and is going to be a huge problem again along with interior defense.
                              Hopefully better perimeter D cuts down on the rotations which leads to better positioning for rebounds and bigs able to better contain their own.

I woke up optimistic this morning.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                My gut tells me Daniels makes it but spends time in D league.

Really hard to tell with Powell. Without a dleague team, then he'd go the Daniels route of spending a year overseas, but now that we have one, hard to see Masai outsourcing his development.

I could see them being the final 2 roster spots. Ridnour is probably just waived at this point.
                                Can only have three guys in the d league, right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X