2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    So how long before Tristan Thompson's deal looks absolutely horrible. Even considering the cap jump?
    Oh I just heard the deal, 5/$80M, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I think if you're giving Love money you just have to swallow it and let TT go, or pick one of the other (probably wish they hadn't traded for Love now). It's too much money for 1 position no matter how you justify it.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Oh I just heard the deal, 5/$80M, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I think if you're giving Love money you just have to swallow it and let TT go, or pick one of the other (probably wish they hadn't traded for Love now). It's too much money for 1 position no matter how you justify it.
      The two combined are $190 million over 5 years. For 2 players. Who play the same position. On the same team.

I can't wait for next off season!
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Only thing I've learned in last few days is Wolstat is an idiot.

Better to tweet fact than whispers and his thoughts.

Not only on the DeRozan but on cap implications, Ridnour, trades.

Dude is no better than any of us...except he has a press pass.
        That's exactly it. He'd be an above average poster here and that's about it.

And there aren't many facts to tweet out right now, especially when it comes to solely the Raptors.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Wonder if $80M/5 is what JV will end up with?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Small Ball, play Love at Center. Could be what they're thinking.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
              True but I think Masai is really good at making deals. I'm sure he can come up with something and be the winner after the deal is done. You can't underestimate his negotiating skills.

Also if we're likely to pick up a guy like Matthews coming off an ACL injury, we're more likely to pick up a guy like Noel from his injury. I don't think Masai sees player injuries as a problem like other GMs.
              There's a massive difference here. Matthews is 10 years older than Noel, seeking a contract that is 10 million more what Noel is making on his rookie deal and Noel has actually come back from his injury. ACL injuries are a lot easier to come back from than an Achilles injury. Philly isn't going to let Noel go on the cheap. It's going to take a crazy offer to pry him away from a divisional rival.
              Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

True but I think Masai is really good at making deals. I'm sure he can come up with something and be the winner after the deal is done. You can't underestimate his negotiating skills.

Also if we're likely to pick up a guy like Matthews coming off an ACL injury, we're more likely to pick up a guy like Noel from his injury. I don't think Masai sees player injuries as a problem like other GMs.
                Philadelphia is not trading the one major piece of their rebuild that fans have been following for two years. No need to speculate about fantasy trades here, there's another forum for that.

Comment

• guys reminder wes hasnt actually signed yet

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Small Ball, play Love at Center. Could be what they're thinking.
                    TT would be at center I would think. Did a decent job in the Finals.

Comment

• #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Only thing I've learned in last few days is Wolstat is an idiot.

Better to tweet fact than whispers and his thoughts.

Not only on the DeRozan but on cap implications, Ridnour, trades.

Dude is no better than any of us...except he has a press pass.
                        100% agree, been saying that for years. And his ego is hilarious.

Comment

Terrible move by the Lebrons

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Terrible move by the Lebrons
                            It's the only move they had. You can't let Love go after 1 year and through FA where you get nothing back.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Philadelphia is not trading the one major piece of their rebuild that fans have been following for two years. No need to speculate about fantasy trades here, there's another forum for that.
                              True, but before the trade deadline Sam Hinkie was more than willing to deal anyone on their roster. Also, he did decide to deal MCW even though MCW won the ROY and put up fantastic numbers all year round.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• sorry double post
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X