Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      What's a Kawasaki?
      Munenori Kawasaki of the Blue Jays.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Munenori Kawasaki of the Blue Jays.
        Oh okay.. I assume he's a young rookie with not much awareness? Sorry haven't followed baseball since Alomar was a Jay.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          well.. every team needs a mascot
          Sorry, but "The Raptor" is a HoF mascot - top 50 GOAT. Bruno won't get minutes there either. In fact, he's 3rd string at best behind Stripes. Veterans, baby, veterans.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

Delon's interview
            Grounded, right? Excellent. Stayed in school, finished his degree (at his mum's request, turning down the draft day pay-day). Comfortable. When I think of the guys Masai brought in, the word "character" comes easily to mind. Maybe Bennett got that sense too. good Job, Masai!
            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

What's a Kawasaki?
              A jet ski? A motorcycle? A baseball player?

Comment

• dividends!!!

Comment

• I like Delon's attitude a lot.. and I think Masai's one failure this off season was signing Joseph. I'd rather have Delon be the backup and then get a cheap vet PG to come in as a third stringer.

Comment

I like Delon's attitude a lot.. and I think Masai's one failure this off season was signing Joseph. I'd rather have Delon be the backup and then get a cheap vet PG to come in as a third stringer.
                    I would rather have a backup who has played important minutes in important games.

Last year they should have learned how much that 3rd PG matters when Kyle burnt out. Both are needed to succeed.

Comment

I like Delon's attitude a lot.. and I think Masai's one failure this off season was signing Joseph. I'd rather have Delon be the backup and then get a cheap vet PG to come in as a third stringer.
                      It's easy to see that point, I think. But it's not going to be easy to replace Kyle, when the time comes. We're kinda' stocked for four years, here ... and I believe they're fungible assets, too. And we had the $. So nothing to worry about.

But yeah - I really like the look and sound of this guy. Looking forward to seeing him around and getting better.

Comment

I kind of agree with this. Been watching a lot of Wright footage since we drafted him and he has that "old man game" that I think should translate well to the league. His low turnover rate and elite defense should earn trust of the coaching staff fairly quickly. Not sure how many minutes he can possibly get as 3rd string PG. Definitely looks like at least primary backup material.

Comment

• Kyle! 12 minutes..

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            I would rather have a backup who has played important minutes in important games.

Last year they should have learned how much that 3rd PG matters when Kyle burnt out. Both are needed to succeed.
                            Maybe.. Delon is a senior coming out of school so probably wouldn't be as shell shocked as your typical rookie. As for backup.. I'm sure a vet PG with experience could have helped that would have been much cheaper than $7M. Say Andre Miller for example.

They also had De Colo's rights and could have offered a cheap deal to bring him back into the NBA.

I like CoJo.. but he makes Delon expendable and because of the depth we'll probably not get much of a chance to see him play outside of the D League.

Comment

Maybe.. Delon is a senior coming out of school so probably wouldn't be as shell shocked as your typical rookie. As for backup.. I'm sure a vet PG with experience could have helped that would have been much cheaper than $7M. Say Andre Miller for example.

They also had De Colo's rights and could have offered a cheap deal to bring him back into the NBA.

I like CoJo.. but he makes Delon expendable and because of the depth we'll probably not get much of a chance to see him play outside of the D League.
                              Of all the positions to have a 3rd player on the depth chart, you need a 3rd PG the most. Having a shitty PG equals shitty team 9 times out of 10. Kyle missed 12 games last year, that's 12 games with zero backup PG. Kyle played hurt a lot too, but we couldn't afford to rest him because there was no 3rd PG. We've also been forced to play Kyle 35 minutes per game and Grevis 23 minutes per game the past two seasons because of our lack of depth. We're gonna play some 2 PG lineups, it's Casey, you know we will. Those 58 minutes would be more judiciously spread among 3 players than 2. We can afford to give Wright 5-10 MPG with a huge boost should Lowry or Cojo get injured or need rest. If we had a 4th PG, that guy would be expendable, but I'm really happy the days of being only 2 deep at PG are over.

Comment

I see professor Miller more as a 3rd PG, or a 2nd PG if you run your PG into the ground. Managing Lowry's minutes is going to start being important as he hits his 30's. Having a PG who can start his share of games is really important for me. Other than Dr. Miller I can't think of a long list of vet backups who would have fit here to be honest. I'll have a look, but I like the CoJo pickup.

I really really thought the drafting of Delon was inspired. If they limit the amount of games Kyle plays he will get minutes. If Ross fails to become consistent he can get some minutes there. I expect him to play a few games.

To me those DeColo rights are just a trade chip. He's not coming back for cheap. He's making too much in Europe. No way he leaves money on the table unless Cleveland wants him. If he was a cheap option he would be in the NBA. By the way, his CSKA contract expires after this coming season. So he would of had to buy out his contract to have come over.

EDIT: Forgot this link:
                                http://www.hoopsrumors.com/nando-de-colo
                                Last edited by blackjitsu; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X